Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kireet

parents really emotional !!

6 posts in this topic

tbh .... this may very well be totally my mistake . since i have started learning  about consciousness and enlightenment , i have talking to my parents about that . i have told them that my interest in studies has gone down and i wanted to know and follow my life purpose and want to pursue consciousness . they seem to really upset and they have been saying that  they did not study and did foolish stuff and now they are like  this (our family's financial situation is not so good tbh), i keep telling them this is not foolish stuff , this is stuff beyond their current level of perception .... then they say if you will do this , who will pay for us in the future and what not ... it feels like they are burdening me with their lives as well . i know i have to make my own  plan fr the future and be patient .. but this is kind of eating me up . my parents believe  that no one can succeed in life unless one graduates from college and does post graduation later etc ...should i go against my parents if my heart is into something that they dont seem necessary ?? i know if i do what they are telling then i will be unhappy and be tied down with things. any advise would be really appreciated :( , if you think why do i even talk to them , it is honestly because i have no one else i can talk to this stuff about irl.. and i really want to explain my points to someone in the world

Edited by kireet

"All troubles come to an end when the ego dies"

"God has become man; man will become God again"

I mean, what did you expect? Most people never heard about consciousness end enlightenment, hell I don't even know what do you mean by "pursue consciousness" and I am a self-help junkie. You can't just go telling people about those things and act surprised that they don't understand that it is "beyond their current level of perception" (seriously?)...

First, be clear to what do you mean by wanting to pursue consciousness.

Don't expect anyone to support you, especially financial support as they probably don't know what you are talking about nor do they care if they knew.

You could:

1. Play their game, go to school as they support you financially, while you do your thing on the side, pursuing consciousness (whatever that means). Show some results first, go teach yoga, meditation, go start a YouTube channel, a blog, write a book, start a coaching business etc, only then they are going to take you seriously.

2. Don't play their game, follow your heart and go on your own, without depending on anyone. Assuming you are 18+, you are free to do whatever you want of your life, just don't expect anyone to pay for it. Please, don't be impulsive or do something radical and stupid, approach your life with as much wisdom, vision, groundedness and strategic thinking as possible. 

@Recursoinominado i dont even know what pursue consciousness means tbh , i just thought this would be  the right rather fancy terminology to say i want to be awakened someday . i understand what you mean , you are right most people dont know about enlightenment and consciousness . of course i will not be foolish if i ever do play the step 2 you mentioned  . Sorry that pursue consciousness is totally my mistake. but then how do i start to get financial support?(as you said i should not expect)and btw i only tell my parents  because its a compulsive behaviour , deep inside  i want to show off my knowledge tbh , this is not so good  behaviour and compulsiveness  i am trying to overcome it.

Edited by kireet

LOL go down the path and you shall be able to show them the results. I would suggest just keeping to yourself and working on this stuff it's quite powerful. As you move along in the path they will be able to see the difference in you as time goes by. 

20 minutes ago, kireet said:

@Recursoinominado i dont even know what pursue consciousness means tbh , i just thought this would be  the right rather fancy terminology to say i want to be awakened someday . i understand what you mean , you are right most people dont know about enlightenment and consciousness . of course i will not be foolish if i ever do play the step 2 you mentioned  . Sorry that pursue consciousness is totally my mistake. but then how do i start to get financial support?(as you said i should not expect)and btw i only tell my parents  because its a compulsive behaviour , deep inside  i want to show off my knowledge tbh , this is not so good  behaviour and compulsiveness  i am trying to overcome it.

The first step to self-actualization: know exactly what you want. Did you watched Leos videos about contemplation? Try to contemplate exactly what you want out of life, be as specific as possible. Generate your answers, don't look elsewhere. 

If I were you, I would focus first at becoming financially independent. If you escape wage slavery, become an entrepreneur, with an online business, you can work from anywhere in the world, it will be way easier for you to focus on enlightenment and consciousness. 

@Recursoinominado true , thank you for the advise , tbh i was saving money for the LP Course but had  to give that away for family reasons , do probably would need to start saving again without anyone knowing :ph34r: .... any resources you can recommend give me information on the  basics and how to of online business ... i would really appreciate it , i mean if you can.

i have seen his videos on contemplation , but now i will apply it to my life . i think i will also go off the grid for sometime in  the future to make a well rounded and good decision.

@Romer02 TRUE , THANKS BRO