Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Artsu

Artsu, Actually

40 posts in this topic

I thought I would make a journal on the site.

The purpose of this journal is primary to document my transition into a new phase of life.

For the past 8 years I have been studying personality types (independently) and mathematics (at university) (and spirituality, which is more important, but I will get to that later).

Now I am wrapping up my personality types studies, I've got my bachelor of mathematics, and I'm starting a masters degree in social science. That's what I need to transition into. This degree should be the basis for the next couple decades of my life. I want to go into policy, then maybe (environmental) campaigning. It looks like a clear pathway through.

It means getting actually interested in the material though. I chose this degree because it seems to be the best option. I don't hugely like what I'm going to be studying, but I dislike it less than every other degree I saw, that I can think of.

So the main thing I need to focus on right now is getting interested in politics. Spiral Dynamics is providing a nice platform for me to think of society. I could maybe do some more study in aeonics, but SD is suitable for now.

So this blog will also consist of my process of making sense of Spiral Dynamics. I will post about other typologies, both vertical (developmental) and horizontal (personality types). Feel free to post any thoughts that you have about anything I say.

I might write some poems too, or post general philosophical ideas, and there will certainly be a lot of spirituality to come. I will be focusing on the divine love, which can be learnt about on truthforallpeople.com.

That'll do for the intro. Here we go!

@Artsu I'm excited to read your takeaway about different typologies.. Spiral Dynamics also.

I love this webpage. http://www.consciousdynamicsllc.com/home/levels_of_consciousness.html

Its a combination of SD and the Enneagram.

I'm an enneatype six and an INTP, by the way. Also, a Solar Saturn Mars in the body type or endocrine typology..

Are you a student of Astrology as well?

?‍♂️

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Zigzag Idiot that link doesn't work for me.

I know a bit about astrology, enough to think there's something to it. But I don't know a lot about it. It's something I might give a good investigation into at some point. It would be cool to be able to guess people's sign to way-above-chance rate.

I'm an INFJ (confirmed), and in enneagram my top 4 scores are 4, 5, 6 and 9, with 9 being most likely to be first.

In 8 Circuits of Consciousness, I have activated all 8 circuits, and I think 2 beyond the ones usually listed.

In Pod'lair, I have had quite a few experiences with Infinite Mystery.

I think SD Turquoise is roughly equivalent to Circuit 8, and Pod'lair's merging of Cosmos. So on that basis my frontier consciousness (where my development is taking place, not necessarily where I am most of the time) is perhaps Coral, or the level above Coral. 

Also, my development has not slowed down yet. I have not yet reached "my place".

I don't know anything about endocrine typology.

Hopefully we can get that link to work for me; it would be cool to read about the relation between SD and enneagram, though I have a feeling it might confuse vertical and horizontal typologies based on similar applications of the yin-yang principle.

We shaaaall see.

2 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

By chance here is their home page. 

http://www.consciousdynamicsllc.com/home/home.html

if it works, click on Enneagram and then levels Of Consciousness..

It says

" Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /home/home.html on this server."

Woah I just noticed something.

I just made 2 posts with an ENFP function order. I thought that was one of my weakest types, but it seems it's getting unlocked!

I don't know what terminology to use to describing vertical stages of consciousness. My understanding deviates too much from the SD talk here, and it doesn't seem people are too familiar with Jung, whom I am more acquainted with than Maslow.

Really, I use my own model based on this, and it's still developing.

I'm the happiest I've been since before primary school.

The education system really takes a lot out of you. It probably stunted my development by a couple years.

Hopefully this degree isnt more of the same.

I can exit this degree after the graduate certificate if i lose the passion. It depends on whether i want to go through with the project i guess.

I am hoping the degree doesnt interfere with my personal development too much. If so, work would be way way worse. But maybe i am nearing my plateau anyway, or maybe i will find a way through it.

Ive got 2 directions i can see this going, and a third direction in the middle, which is more of an either or. Work should work, but if i can live my life without it, that would help my functioning. Psychosis can knock me out of consensus reality for weeks, so work will be interrupted unless the episodes subside. I would rather that the episodes continue, but i dont know whst the future will bring.

Look at this website, unlocking my ENFP side!

Changes are coming - no - here.

I'd like to get more interested and active in the Society subforum, but Self-actualization and Meditation etc. Are much more interesting to me.

This life shift will include a heavy sociology/politics component, which means at least 8 years of this shifted focus if i do it right.

Oh! I could include my Jungian typology knowledge. I will be studying disadvantaged communities, and certain types and social alchemies can definitely be said to be disadvantaged. Mental illness/conditions too.

SD/vertical typology, horizontal typology, political philosophies (democracy, communism, etc.), aeonics (SD, Plato, Spengler), schizophrenia etc., shamanism, environmental philosophy, ecology, and divine love style societal advising.

@modmyth i didnt have too much of an interest to begin with. I thought i was going to be interested, but i could tell early on that it wasnt for me. I kept going because i was good at it, it was fairly easy (i find tests and problem sheets easy, but things like the group presentations in other subjects stopped me wanting to do them), and i wanted to get some sort of degree.

There was a lot of foolishness in my decision. If i were to do it again, i would either drop out completely or study something like philosophy with a few practical subjects thrown in. Pure maths isnt too bad though at third year level. It was the 2nd year subjects that i found painfully boring.

Oh well. I finished the degree at last and now i am onto a new chapter. Hopefully this degree is better. Studies started this week, so I'll need to get to studying soon.

@modmyth are you interested in Jungian type/MBTI?

You strike me as being a particular personality type.

Its 4am and i can't sleep.

Thats what i get for drinking caffeine!

Oh well, dont need to get up early. Sleeping pattern has been erratic anyway.

Hard to think right now though.

I made a chair out of old lounge cushions.

Its so comfy but the position i sit in hurts my bones. O.o

I'm in infj mode this morning, as per usual. Ive been very infp lately, at least on the forum. I mentioned enfp because it was new and different, but the infp secondary has been quite pronounced.

2 data points is a trend, and the third point confirms it.

- what it's like to read into things a lot

1 hour ago, modmyth said:

@ArtsuThe last few times I took the test (it's been a handful of years), I typed as an INTP, believe it or not. A lot of people on this forum type as this, apparently. Not as how I choose to present myself socially, but an aspect in the way I think, for sure, as well as the massive scope of nerd interests.

I guess because Leo is intp it would be common here.

Your interests seem to be primarily social, from what was indicated by reading your blog.

You are thus probably FJ. You seem too theoretical to be xSFJ, but not theoretical enough to be INFJ. I also get a visual read of ENFJ from your display pic.

I'm a physics student at uni but I've started to enjoy it less, kinda similar to you doing maths. So relatable predicament. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.