WhatAmI

Is Astral Projection Part Of Enlightenment?

29 posts in this topic

Because AP is about getting out of your physical body, but you are getting out using your mind. Is the experience of astral projection 'reality' or is it just your imagination? 

Edited by WhatAmI

On 2.8.2016 at 4:33 AM, WhatAmI said:

Is the experience of astral projection 'reality' or is it just your imagination? 

I used to research these topics a bit and it seems to me that the common opinion is that astral projection is a consciously induced lucid dream - so for that matter it would be all in your head. There are other opinions on that as well. SWIM aka PsychedSubstance discussed this topic in one of his videos. That's very interesting.

I guess you'll have to wait for more research here. And I also guess they will research these topics in the not so distant future a lot more when I look how much it is done with meditation, psychedelic drugs and related topics.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

2 hours ago, Azrael said:

I guess you'll have to wait for more research here. 

Or for someone to reply that actually has experience in the subject.. But I doubt they will here.. I think it's kinda secret stuff what can actually be done with astral projection.. I personally would love to hear from someone in the know.. And I think it is related to one of the many stages of enlightenment.. And is reality.. Of course thats just a guess that may or may not be educated.. 

Edited by Atom

18 minutes ago, Atom said:

Or for someone to reply that actually has experience in the subject..

@Emerald Wilkins, can you give your opinion on this? I know you have some / a lot of experience with astral projection.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

16 minutes ago, Azrael said:

@Emerald Wilkins, can you give your opinion on this? I know you have some / a lot of experience with astral projection.

Sure :)

On August 2, 2016 at 10:33 PM, WhatAmI said:

Because AP is about getting out of your physical body, but you are getting out using your mind. Is the experience of astral projection 'reality' or is it just your imagination? 

I've been doing Astral Projection since I was 13. It came about without my actually trying to do it. I just happened to start waking up in the middle of the night and getting sleep paralysis which is when the neurochemicals Glycine and GABA are active in the body to keep you paralyzed so that you don't act out your dreams. Everyone gets sleep paralysis 4-5 times a night, during the REM cycle of sleep, but some people (like myself) get waking sleep paralysis from time to time. Sleep paralysis is what you want to induce in order to astral project. Once you're in sleep paralysis you can attempt to 'get out of the body.'

But the mind doesn't exert any imagination in doing so. The experience feels just like and often looks just like waking life. There have been many times where I've mistaken the astral experience for a waking life and was never really sure if it was real or not. 

There is the scientific theory behind the phenomenon of astral projection, which is basically that it's an uncannily real hallucination experienced during sleep paralysis. The metaphysical theory, is that you're not really "going out of body" but that you're tuning into another dimensional aspect of yourself and interfacing with another dimensional aspect of reality. So, if you think about this switch like changing stations on a radio. From the perspective of enlightenment, both waking reality and astral reality are illusions. So, there's three theories: only the science is real, both science and metaphysics are real, and both science and metaphysics are illusions. The latter is probably most true. But I do think that it's important to keep an open mind to all these interpretations because we have a limitation of how much we can determine what's real or not.

36 minutes ago, Atom said:

Or for someone to reply that actually has experience in the subject.. But I doubt they will here.. I think it's kinda secret stuff what can actually be done with astral projection.. I personally would love to hear from someone in the know.. And I think it is related to one of the many stages of enlightenment.. And is reality.. Of course thats just a guess that may or may not be educated.. 

No secret stuff here. It's actually a lot more commonplace than you would expect.  I can teach you how if you want. I have a couple videos about how to induce sleep paralysis and get out of body.

Edited by Emerald Wilkins

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

I have experienced something in this area.  Azrael mentioned lucid dreaming, this is what I was doing at the time. I was aware enough within the lucid dreaming state that I could move through space at will. I was suddenly floating past galaxy's and planets and suns and totally aware of everything that was passing in front of me. It seemed so real..... or maybe I should say it seemed to take on it's own reality.  I have also been into astronomy for a long time and I seen many images of deep space. I'm pretty sure???? that it was just my mind pulling up memories and placing them within that semi dream state. But it was really cool anyhow.!    Now this is something else that I experienced. When I had my first "no-self" or transcendence of self experience, I could feel awareness projected out in front of me. Not like remote viewing or an OBE or something. I could not see from that projected place. But something that always resided at my body location, was suddenly on the other side of the room. I can't even say what that was for sure. But I could feel it. Something happened. It took my by surprise, I never expected anything like that to happen.

Oh... but also I've had a couple non-dual experiences too and they were way different than astral projection. They're apples and oranges. So, I wouldn't say that these phenomena have any relationship to one another.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Wilkins I've read a article or watched a video or two but I'm not sure who's.. I'll watch your videos today at some point.. As I understand it astral projection is also considered a lucid dream which is roughly achieved by simply realizing you're dreaming while dreaming.. 

My main interest in astral projection or lucid dreams is connecting with another person's dreams.. Can you do this with astral projection or lucid dreaming?.. Or is that something  separate all together?.. Like the crown chakra.. Why I ask is people are coming into my dreams and I feel I'm at a disadvantage not knowing how they're doing it.. 

What have you been able to do with your dreams.. Ralph Smart from Infinite Waters (love that guy) says in one of his videos there's some secrets there. 

Edited by Atom

4 minutes ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

Oh... but also I've had a couple non-dual experiences too and they were way different than astral projection. They're apples and oranges. So, I wouldn't say that these phenomena have any relationship to one another.

@Emerald Wilkins This is interesting. Way different?

Just now, Atom said:

@Emerald Wilkins I've read a article or watched a video or two but I'm not sure who's.. I'll watch your videos today at some point.. As I understand it astral projection is also considered a lucid dream which is roughly achieved by simply realizing you're dreaming while dreaming.. 

My main interest in astral projection or lucid dreams is connecting with another person's dreams.. Can you do this with astral projection or lucid dreaming?.. Or is that something  separate all together?.. Like the crown shoots.. Why I ask is people are coming into my dreams and I feel I'm at a disadvantage not knowing how they're doing it.. 

I believe there to be some relationship between lucid dreaming and astral projection as you can use sleep paralysis to get both of these. I've had maybe 20 or 30 lucid dreams before. I get them every now and again. The difference with a lucid dream is that 1. It's clear that you're asleep and dreaming 2. The reality is a lot more malleable and fuzzy 3. Dream logic applies. In astral projection the reality is clear and much more tamasic. It's really just like you're walking around in reality and there's no dream logic. Phenomenologically it feels 99% similar to waking life. 

I never knew anyone in waking life that I was close enough to, to actually meet up with in astral. So, I've never attempted before. But many people say that it's possible. So, maybe. But I'm not sure if the same applies to a lucid dream. I doubt that anyone's looking in on your dreams though. I know this is not an ability that I possess, anyway.

Emotionalmastery.org

Just now, cetus56 said:

@Emerald Wilkins This is interesting. Way different?

Yes. My level of consciousness during astral feels very normal. No increased access to wisdom or anything like that. No really profound insights that I can remember in the morning. It's just as though I took a normal walk (or float) through reality, only without my physical body. I would describe astral projection as fun and interesting, but not too much more in terms of real spiritual progress. At least none that my physical body's brain can remember and process, as I understand there to be a loss of information that can't be assimilated into waking reality. Sort of like the memory file gets compressed and loses some info like a converted computer file. :D 

During my non-dual experiences it was like I had access to infinite wisdom in a way that I wasn't receptive to before or after those experiences. These were outright profound, life-shattering experiences.

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Wilkins oh they are all up in my dreams.. I have no doubt of it.. I would call them out but I'm sure they would act like I was crazy.. And I wouldn't have much argument there.. lol.. 

That's interesting and thanks for your explanation of the two lucid and astral.. I'm not sure which I'm having.. I think it's possible a mixture of the two.. Some are super crisp and some are fuzzy.. In both I have my senses.. They are never nothing normal like sitting on a park bench or just being alone somewhere.. There's always action and its exciting and I wake quickly I don't have much time to realize I'm dreaming.. I remember everything 

Edited by Atom

@Emerald Wilkins I've been at my house on a couple of these occasions but the majority I have no clue where I am and awake to soon.. If you have good control and awareness next time you're in one of these states go over to one of your neighbors house.. I'm curious as can be if you can walk through the walls and find them there sleeping..  Preferably a friends or maybe that cute guy down the street you've crushed on and jump in the sack with him and see if you can connect dreams is roughly how I think it works.. I'm not saying you have to get dirty with them but a connection needs to be made.. Like you either lie right on top of them or you grab their hands or feet.. I say this because after my experiences when I awake my pinky and the finger next to it are tingling.. 

P. S. To whom it may concern.. If this stuff is a secret no one told me so.. I want answers and I will figure it out eventually.. Sweet Dreams 

Edited by Atom

Links cause I'm cool like that

Can I get a hello there.. We haven't even had breakfast yet ✌

Edited by Atom

@Atom Thank you for posting my videos! :)

Emotionalmastery.org

2 hours ago, Atom said:

@Emerald Wilkins I've been at my house on a couple of these occasions but the majority I have no clue where I am and awake to soon.. If you have good control and awareness next time you're in one of these states go over to one of your neighbors house.. I'm curious as can be if you can walk through the walls and find them there sleeping..  Preferably a friends or maybe that cute guy down the street you've crushed on and jump in the sack with him and see if you can connect dreams is roughly how I think it works.. I'm not saying you have to get dirty with them but a connection needs to be made.. Like you either lie right on top of them or you grab their hands or feet.. I say this because after my experiences when I awake my pinky and the finger next to it are tingling.. 

P. S. To whom it may concern.. If this stuff is a secret no one told me so.. I want answers and I will figure it out eventually.. Sweet Dreams 

I have walked around on my street before but never went into the houses. I'll definitely give it a try next time to see what happens or if I can make a connection. A lot of times I struggle to get out of my house, which is a bummer. But I'm pretty sure my hubby wouldn't like it if I jumped in bed with another man... but hey you know what they say "What happens in astral, stays in astral!" Kidding of course. :D

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Wilkins oops sorry I wasn't really thinking.. I'm a single guy and my dreams have been as such.. Please forgive me.. But that was a great joke.. Emerald said "What happens in astral stays in astral" you should make a Meme.. There's probably more truth to it than we know.. Anyways you have it easy, mess with your husband.. I live alone I'd have to walk the streets.. I'm sure I wouldn't be the first.. I saw somewhere someone said there's few if any enlightened saints..

It would be nice if one of these masters, gurus, god's, kings, could say hey I'm here to teach you, you're dreaming.. instead of just sizing me up, or manipulating me.. One came to me because he felt I got him in trouble but he be darned to come to help me.. What's that b.s. all about.. 

Truthfully I think some like me here telling my experiences that no one else dare admit.. Unfortunately I have nowhere else to put it(a nameless record)..The ones that don't could tell me somehow.. I don't know what else a brother has to do to find a teacher around here.. I can't search for clues forever.. You know where to reach me.. I don't care if the pioneers did it without assistance, that hasn't been the case for a long time.. I won't go much further alone anytime soon.. If no one wants to step up and help this one eyed blind man see?, at least step aside and let me be to go find a job and move on with my life.. Don't haunt me anymore..

Edited by Atom

@Emerald Wilkins I just watched the two how to videos and am in the middle of the Sleep Paralysis O.B.E video. I enjoyed the how two's and I may just set an alarm for about ninety minutes after bedtime.. I won't do it tonight because I don't want any boogey men waiting for me.. Lol.. Anyways I got excited watching the O.B.E video when you started showing the pics of the hags sitting on your chest.. I swear I never read or saw that in a video before today and it solidified my feelings that something lays on you or holds your hands.. Back to the hag.. I had what I'll call a extremely real dream where i was sent down a long hallway at some kind of brothel to meet with what I perceived to be a witch.. She was old and frail had a large witch like nose and black mole on her cheek.. Her hair was really long, like 8ft long and grey.. Some how I ended up behind her and her hair like came to life and formed a complex keltic pretzel type knot with many loops.. Kinda like the atom symbol but with more tightly woven rings/loops.. In the loops opened eyes, one eye per loop,  like ten of them throughout the pattern.. then the knot split right down the middle into a monster type mouth with sharp teeth.. It reminded me of those Asian parade lion/dragon masks.. I woke up right after that realization/comparison.. That was probably the most realistic freaky thing I've ever experienced.. Her and I didn't speak to each other.. I was coherent thinking there's no way I'm having sex with her.. Then I thought please don't let this be the person I've been sleeping with taking on the appearance of all these younger women..  It was about a month ago.. Thankfully I haven't ran into the witch again.. What's crazy is you hear people say don't mess with the witch.. Well I think I met her.. And if you're out there please don't be mad at me for my description of you.. Lol.. 

There's no way my mind is creating this stuff.. There's something more out there.. I don't think I'm doing anything in particular to have these, whatever they are called, episodes,dreams,obe's.. I think I'm just sleeping on my back with my hands to my side.. That's all bye bye now

Edited by Atom

Since all these things occur within your consciousness, it does not matter if it's scientifically real, or not, because it is part of your experience. So, I'd say it's real, or at least as real as anything physical is! Adept projectors can reach nondual states by "ascending" through the highest vibration astral planes, so yes, I'd say AP is a valid path to enlightenment.

Edited by Will Bigger

1 hour ago, Atom said:

@Emerald Wilkins I just watched the two how to videos and am in the middle of the Sleep Paralysis O.B.E video. I enjoyed the how two's and I may just set an alarm for about ninety minutes after bedtime.. I won't do it tonight because I don't want any boogey men waiting for me.. Lol.. Anyways I got excited watching the O.B.E video when you started showing the pics of the hags sitting on your chest.. I swear I never read or saw that in a video before today and it solidified my feelings that something lays on you or holds your hands.. Back to the hag.. I had what I'll call a extremely real dream where i was sent down a long hallway at some kind of brothel to meet with what I perceived to be a witch.. She was old and frail had a large witch like nose and black mole on her cheek.. Her hair was really long, like 8ft long and grey.. Some how I ended up behind her and her hair like came to life and formed a complex keltic pretzel type knot with many loops.. Kinda like the atom symbol but with more tightly woven rings/loops.. In the loops opened eyes, one eye per loop,  like ten of them throughout the pattern.. then the knot split right down the middle into a monster type mouth with sharp teeth.. It reminded me of those Asian parade lion/dragon masks.. I woke up right after that realization/comparison.. That was probably the most realistic freaky thing I've ever experienced.. Her and I didn't speak to each other.. I was coherent thinking there's no way I'm having sex with her.. Then I thought please don't let this be the person I've been sleeping with taking on the appearance of all these younger women..  It was about a month ago.. Thankfully I haven't ran into the witch again.. What's crazy is you hear people say don't mess with the witch.. Well I think I met her.. And if you're out there please don't be mad at me for my description of you.. Lol.. 

There's no way my mind is creating this stuff.. There's something more out there.. I don't think I'm doing anything in particular to have these, whatever they are called, episodes,dreams,obe's.. I think I'm just sleeping on my back with my hands to my side.. That's all bye bye now

Oh man... I had a similar very realistic and powerful dream when I was 19 right before my life fell into chaos.

I was in a furniture store that was portioned up into cubicles and made to look like various rooms in a house. So, I went into one that sort of looked like a den or psychologist's office. I sat down on a chair inside of that cubicle, and a tall, beautiful Native American woman with a high bun, tight bright red business dress, black pantyhose, and stilettos stood in the opening of the cubicle looking at me. I was overwhelmed with desire at her presence and I fell into a dreamy trance. She sauntered over to me and stood directly behind my chair looking down at me seductively... perhaps even stroking my hair (if memory serves). I looked up at her in a stupor, completely enamored with her. She asked me in a quiet silvery voice "Are you ready?" I dreamily whispered "Yes" to her. There was a moment's pause. Then she breathed in.

With that breath was a roaring sound of emptiness that sucked away in one second flat, all signs of youth and beauty that she had. She transformed immediately into an ancient hag that barely even had skin on her face. Her eyes were just sockets. Her hair was sparse and wiry. She was practically a skeleton with just a little bit of gray skin. As she breathed the roaring sound continued and her mouth got wider and wider and wider. Then she sucked me in, and I was devoured whole. Then, for an indefinite amount of time, I was floating in a void as though her mouth were some kind of wormhole into another dimension or something like that. Then, I was deposited onto the floor of my childhood kitchen where I began to search the cabinets. 

I believe the 'devouring hag disguised as beautiful woman' comes up as an archetypal symbol that's shared across cultures. I believe that this particular dream, in my case, symbolized the need to re-integrate my repressed femininity. It also seemed to have a premonition quality to it because my life went crazy shortly after that dream happened. 

Edited by Emerald Wilkins

Emotionalmastery.org