kireet

Spiral Dynamics and Karma

8 posts in this topic

I was thinking and studying about spiral dynamics . i am seeing that most people are very different in childhood . if we gather pre teen children , and we tell the same story .... their response will show that how differently they speak and think about those topics . like somebody as open minded people like Guru Nanak being born into totally stage blue families ... i think Sadhguru also , he was also very different from his stage blue family in his childhood... so is the spiral dynamics state of a child gained from his his karma/genetics ... like many people are stage yellow from their childhood , whereas adults in their family are very blue or orange...

so do we get our SD stage from our previous life karma?

"All troubles come to an end when the ego dies"

"God has become man; man will become God again"

Possible.

It's interesting to consider one's personality as Karma carried from one's previous lifetime (which is a prevalent idea in Hindu tradition). 

Sadhguru is an interesting case. From what I have read, he was ferociously independent since he was a child. He has mentioned on other occasions that he has been a seeker for many lifetimes and finally got pushed over the brink in this one.

However.. Spiral Dynamics is a model of how individual and collective values evolve over time. This has a correlation with how one's energy center moves from one Chakra to another (which you could say is the model Sadhguru uses). However, they are two different models.

It is also important to distinguish between Spiral Dynamics and Enlightenment. Awakening experiences can accelerate your growth on the spiral but that is it.

It seems that the heavier your personality is (the more attached you are to your own ideas and beliefs) the more karma you are carrying. The more you burn off that Karma, the weaker your attachment gets to your own personality (ideas, beliefs, way of thinking) and you carry that over to the next lifetime and so on until you realize the whole game. Every awakening makes you a little more advanced as a player. ;)   

@Himanshu thanks , yeah of course sd and enlightenment are different , i just wanted to discuss what could be a plausible correlation between previous life karma and sd.

People who have the money to help launch investigations into pedophile rings and save childrens’ lives instead are buying private jets and $1000 champagne. Just a thought

I think it's not just a matter of quantity. If you gather more karma (experiences) it will become contradictory and lose its effect.

@Username yep watched the video yesterday , but it just his words , we will know when we get enlightened ;) 

Edited by kireet

Differentiating between stages, states and lines is useful in this case. You won't suddenly know about democracy and civil rights if you're born in say Sudan no matter how spiritually gifted you are. You may be more inclined to accepting those ideas once you're exposed to them, but you're still stuck with the survival tools of your immediate society.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@kireet I have been enlightened many times 8) You are constantly reincarnating. Your reality is made by your tendencies.

Imagine that you are alcoholic, you are gathering certain karma. When you understand why you are addicted, you will stop drinking. Before quitting drinking you had less karma.