bobbyward

From The Witness To Non Duality

8 posts in this topic

I had an awakening 9 weeks ago, were i seen that there is no self, its becoming more clear as the weeks go on, and there is a witnessing of everything that is happening, with nobody doing it. but there is still separation between everything, there is still duality, how does one go from seeing no self/witnessing to seeing no separation or experiencing non duality??

Anybody have any experience with this ??

thanks

Alan

Look online for Mooji's pointings and work with them until there's no duality left! 

:)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

The witness, or the "I Am" is just a facet of consciousness like sense perceptions. You see them as separate, when they're really one and the same. Form is emptiness, emptiness is form. What is a sense perception without the sentient witnessing of it? Some more contemplation on this should allow you to see the non-duality of everything.

Don't confuse these ideas with Truth though. The witness and sense perceptions are ephemeral; Truth is and always was. 

To go even further, ask yourself: Who is witnessing the witness? 

Just a heads-up: you can't experience the answer; you can only become conscious of it. You can't know Truth, but you can become aware that it is.

Edited by jjer94

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

Op, what do you mean by duality?  Because most people are talking about the soul and physical body.  I'm not sure what exactly you mean. 

22 minutes ago, Ayla said:

Look online for Mooji's pointings and work with them until there's no duality left! 

:)

Man, you're all about that Mooji aren't you?  I liked him until I saw a video where he was clearly being egotistical and having a guru complex.  I tried to find the video, but he has so many I couldn't.  To describe it, this girl was questioning him about kundalini energy and at the end she asked him if he had experienced those energies and he got defensive in his response claiming that it was simply "childs play."  I can't stand people who dress funny, have Jesus beards, sit in chairs in front of an audience, and pretend to be enlightened.  It wreaks of ego and guru complex.   You have to be careful about people.  Some are just charismatic and use vague language about letting go of the self. 

by duality i mean that my body is separate from the objects in the world, and the objects in the world are separate from each other. my conceptual understanding of non duality is that there is no separation between anything, everything in awareness is indivisible. 

1 hour ago, bobbyward said:

by duality i mean that my body is separate from the objects in the world, and the objects in the world are separate from each other. my conceptual understanding of non duality is that there is no separation between anything, everything in awareness is indivisible. 

Duality usually has to do with the separation of soul and body, or at least body and mind.  But I think I understand what you're saying.  And it's a good question.  I'm not sure I believe such a state exists.  So, I guess I'm curious to hear the answer too.

6 hours ago, Heart of Space said:

Op, what do you mean by duality?  Because most people are talking about the soul and physical body.  I'm not sure what exactly you mean. 

Man, you're all about that Mooji aren't you?  I liked him until I saw a video where he was clearly being egotistical and having a guru complex.  I tried to find the video, but he has so many I couldn't.  To describe it, this girl was questioning him about kundalini energy and at the end she asked him if he had experienced those energies and he got defensive in his response claiming that it was simply "childs play."  I can't stand people who dress funny, have Jesus beards, sit in chairs in front of an audience, and pretend to be enlightened.  It wreaks of ego and guru complex.   You have to be careful about people.  Some are just charismatic and use vague language about letting go of the self. 

Sometimes you need to be egotistical to get things done!

7 hours ago, Nemo said:

Sometimes you need to be egotistical to get things done!

Yea, but his response was petty and defensive and served no real purpose other than to sustain his bloated guru complex.

Edited by Heart of Space