Siim Land

Meditation Realizations And Stories

6 posts in this topic

What are some of your amazing meditation stories? What kind of realizations and experiences have you had? Or do you have some funny stories or something similar?

I'll start off with mine.

A few years ago my family went through some hard times. Not going to go into the details but it had to do with my parents breaking up. I was just 14 back then. Our lives had changed and it actually improved, yet I couldn't find forgiveness. It was as if something was scraping me beneath the surface, almost on a subconscious level.

A few years later, when I was about 19, I was having a meditation session. It was on a random day and simply habitual.  At one moment it hit me, I understood what had been troubling me about that past situation. I felt more empathy and I saw the problem from another perspective. I understood the reasons why this breakup had happened and I was able to forgive.

I wasn't planning for this and I thought I had already forgotten about it. However, it was still there and, without me even knowing about it, was holding me back. In deep meditation I realized what the issue was and it hit me just randomly. At other times I've also made other break throughs concerning my creative endeavors. For instance, when I'm working on some projects, I suddenly realize exactly what I have to do next and when to do it. 

What are your own sudden realizations you've had during meditation?

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

Gotta love results like that eh? Very cool.

I've only just begun to meditate, so I only have a few impressions to share;

I love it. My first session I set the timer for 20 minutes, was just getting into it and the beeper went off. What? Actually had to check to make sure I hadn't mistakenly set it for 2 minutes. So I did another 20 minute session immediately. 

I need to work on making it into a habit though, big time.

Today on a ride to the grocery had stopped under a tree for relief from a thunder shower and thought it was a perfect time to meditate.
The rain on the leaves began to take me away from the moment like the static of a big cosmic radio , I relaxed and chilled , when I got up to leave found had been there for near an hour , but it felt like minutes.  

My first time warp

Edited by Beam

Anyone who followed me for a while on this forum knows that the one breaking up the illusion for me was Mooji. One day, a thought came: "I want to meet him". Closed my eyes. His energy was there. Melting. Huge grin. So loving. What kinda surprised me (not really) was his message: "let me go" ... I had already seen through the illusion of "self". It was easy to understand that... nothing is MORE than nothing. No-body is more a guru than the next. Nobody is more wonderful than another. And...in the end........... nobody is special. 

:D 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Nice. Mooji is lovely and so thoroughly interesting to watch and listen to, found him through your mention in a thread. The Toolkit one I think.

I started meditating years ago, I studied different types of meditation modules and tried to follow the teachings of many, I have a list and it is embarrassing, you would think I would be at peace with my life by now.  I started with Christianity, at 15  years old, I was too skeptical, and cool for holy ghosts, then I went to art, poetry, and this is where I believed I experienced true oneness, and love, then decided to go to school for it and lost interest in that, then Tibetan Buddhism (the Tibetan book of the Dead scared the hell out of me), there i began meditating away my karma, moved onto Zen Buddhism, Prem Rawat, Kadampa (only to pick up a guy I liked, I deserved my bad karma for that one,), Pranic Healing, studied Reiki, Martial Arts, back to the Zendo, water fasting away my demons, Marijuana,sex, boys, yoga, Kundalini, Zen again, Mooji, Ama,Tara Brach, Leo Gura, Vipassana (one of the best meditation experiences I have ever had, and I still go back every year to volunteer and practice)  and now I am finding myself at the park doing two hours of this strange tai chi looking practice called Falun Dong, their writing is like the Tibetan Book of the Dead met Scientology, Philip K Dick and the Bible. I am very confused. I am a whore when it comes to my meditationpractice and my spirituality. Sadly, I still cannot decide which teacher to stick to. I heard Leo's recent podcast on mushrooms, and I must say,  his talk  blew my mind away. I wish wish i can do mushrooms, but because, in my family, there is a history of mental illness, so I have decided to stay clear from all "drugs", LSD, mushrooms and anything that could put me away.  I like weed, and even that I stay away from now. Because I am weak, i prefer not to be in any altered state. I am losts in what to do, what teacher to embrace, and whom I should study with. I am relieved the new teachers out there like Tara Brach, Mooji and Leo Gura, they don't sit on pedestals demanding loyalty, and devotion. you are the one responsible for your own enlightenment, and no one is going to save you. 

Edited by SolMonica