Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robinmk4l

How to get over feelings of awkwardness/cringiness when promoting your content?

5 posts in this topic

I recently started making music and just now started putting myself out and trying to promote my music which was a big step to release it because im kind of shy and have alot of self doubt. I actually really enjoy my own art and i personally think i make very good music but i know the genre im making a lot of people dont like it and are going to find it cringy etc plus im not really getting the response i was hoping for. This is causing a lot of emotions of self-doubt, low self esteem etc.

I feel like this has to be a pretty common issue for many people as they're in the starting stage of creating something, whether its like a business or youtube channel or something. Anybody got some advice how to deal with this?

Wont give up tho!!

Try to brainstorm creative and inspiring ways to promote your work, if you can get excited about the ideas themselves as an extension of your creativity they will feel a lot more natural when implemented. In the beginning there's a lot of just creating for the sake of creating though, so it's important to focus more on enjoying the process rather than thinking ahead to the end result too much. If you become successful you will look back with nostalgia for these days because there's such sheer freedom to create without having to consider the possible repercussions and expectations that having a larger audience or fan base can bring. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 hour ago, Consept said:

Post it in your sig as a start 

Well, i dont know how much people would appreciate my music here haha, i mostly sing about drugs and sex.

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

Try to brainstorm creative and inspiring ways to promote your work, if you can get excited about the ideas themselves as an extension of your creativity they will feel a lot more natural when implemented. In the beginning there's a lot of just creating for the sake of creating though, so it's important to focus more on enjoying the process rather than thinking ahead to the end result too much. If you become successful you will look back with nostalgia for these days because there's such sheer freedom to create without having to consider the possible repercussions and expectations that having a larger audience or fan base can bring. 

Thanks for your advice! Yeah thats what im trying to tell myself aswell, to just make music for the joy of it. As soon as these feelings of pressure comes in it completely takes the fun out of the process...

Not giving a f what people think is a scale let's say 0-100 same with confidence, self esteem, etc.  Every action you take moves you up a notch on particular scales. You can take easier option and move 0.1 point or you can take lil harder and move 1 let's say. You start looking at what benefits, how much points certain actions offers. Then you notice that you can take actions on the edge of your comfort lvl that gives you the most growth in areas you care about with ease. Doesn't matter anymore if you perform 1/4 or full action in one go cuz you know you moving up anyway next time you will perform more. You start looking for the most beneficial actions for your scales. You start filtering situations from the angle of what scales can I develop here with what actions. You are starting to wilingly throw yourself in situations that offers you the most grow because you care about your life and you know what levels on what scales you need to have acces to your dream life.      Focus shifts from performing actions to growing your stats. Because you know that when you reach this lvl you will be able to perform that action. Suddenly word "big step" jumps out of your vocabulary. You find yourself looking for shortcuts how to grow your stats directly. Pressure disapears when you notice that in past hours/days you grew few points on certain scale with no effort at all because now you know the target/ the 100 is just as easy to reach. Doesn't matter anymore if it will take you 200 actions to reach it or 20. You know you will get there in optimal for you peace anyway.  

Edited by Abrakadabra