Paul5480

Pesticides in Food

24 posts in this topic

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If you're gonna experiment with whey, you must buy the expensive, pure, organic, grass-fed, addictive-free stuff. But even so, you have to be very careful with any bulk powdered products you consume because they are likely to have heavy metals. And if you drink that stuff every day for months and years, it could make you very toxic without you even knowing it

or go for plant-based one ^_^ like Vivo Life who publish their own heavy metal results online and use mostly natural dried ingredients like reishi and turmeric 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 Plant based protein powders can be even more toxic. Just because it is a ground up plant does not make it any less toxic. Perhaps moreso given all the pesticides.

Some of the best vegan protein brands are toxic crap. Check the site I linked above.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I think I'll go with the stuff in the link above that is rated highly for purity. Thanks for the link @Leo Gura

Never seen this site before. 

I think whey protein is good though if you exercise. The protein compound is better for building muscles than plant based proteins and this is quite important. I sprained my ankle 6 days ago and it has healed quite a bit since then. I think I would of broken my ankle if I didn't lift weights like someone in my family did. All 100 kilos of me were on it and I think strong joints are very important to maintain especially as you age. It's hard to get enough protein just through food cause I don't have the biggest appetite.   

Edited by Lyubov