Elshaddai

What is the best way to integrate a psychedelic trip into daily life?

5 posts in this topic

I tried some psychedelics for the first time recently and it was very beautiful and profound of course, but I can't help myself and think how can i integrate all the knowledge from the trips into my everyday life since it seems so far out and removed from the "ordinary" state of consiousness we are in most of the time. 

Meditation and contemplative journaling for a start i'm assuming?

Is there even a best way at all?

any thoughts?

Edited by Elshaddai

@Elshaddai Just sitting and thinking/feeling about it in silence is usually the way it happens for me, sometimes in the brief moments between jobs throughout the day, in the shower, waiting for food to cook etc. The integration isn't really an intentional manual process. Writing a trip report for yourself can be nice, but often the experiences and lessons learnt on psychedelics are non-linear and don't fit well into a written sentence. Sometimes its good to get things on paper though, especially if you're feeling confused.

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

On 10.7.2020 at 2:59 PM, Space said:

@Elshaddai Just sitting and thinking/feeling about it in silence is usually the way it happens for me, sometimes in the brief moments between jobs throughout the day, in the shower, waiting for food to cook etc. The integration isn't really an intentional manual process. Writing a trip report for yourself can be nice, but often the experiences and lessons learnt on psychedelics are non-linear and don't fit well into a written sentence. Sometimes its good to get things on paper though, especially if you're feeling confused.

Yeah that's what I have been doing. I didn't really do anything trip related the next day, just sorta chilled and played some videogames but still i couldn't help but natrually reflect on the experiences I've had. 

8 hours ago, Pateedm said:

I like walking in nature, absorb yourself deep in the forest and let your mind go ??

I Thought about going to a forest near my house but eventually I just took a walk to a park instead, Next time I'll give it a try though so thanks!

I’ve found a tendency to get sucked back into the regular way of being after a trip. Back to getting immersed into the previous character. One thing I’ve found helpful is to spend some time outside of those re-enforcing inputs. I like to reflect in nature or take a long drive in the countryside. It relaxes the mind and allows insights and connections to appear. As well, taking a mini-dose as a boost to bridge the gap can help. For me, a 30ug mini-dose can help - I’m still mostly sober yet lucid enough to grab hold of some of the higher realizations and hold onto them as I return to fully sober.