Mac

Tongues

8 posts in this topic

I'm am wondering if anyone can give any input on speaking in tongues?

In charasmatic religious groups, there is such a thing as speaking in tongues, or a heavenly language. This can also be a firing language. It is based on the bible and certain religious groups claim that the Holy Spirit gives this gift. It is kind of used as a mediation it seems. I have been prayed over enumerous times to receive this gift and it has never happened. I'm exploring into this and I wish Leo could say something.

It seems to be a spontaneous phenomena that may arise from a mystical or religious experience. It occurs for psychedelic users sometimes, so it's not an exclusively Christian thing.

There's really nothing important about it. Just a distraction from the really deep insights you should be after.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Meh, I disagree with Leo. He seems to be dismissing things that have connections with flow, trance states, and vibing.

Words can create an artificial ceiling for emotion and energy. The logical meanings and connotations gunking up or cluttering communication of energy and intent and the quality of it's substance that is "beyond words".

So people will naturally fall into speaking in tongues or babble or other things during certain trance states.

There are also vibes that are broken by focusing too much on the logical, like certain sexual vibes and also performance based flow-states... like football players talking about being "in the zone" and "acting on instinct" rather than having to "think it out" and then react.

The idea is that God knows what is in your heart even if you are unable to express it with words.  So if you just start to babble, even though you don't understand, God (or a higher power) does and can help you.

Edited by Bronsoval

@Salaam You can vibe all you want. Nothing wrong with that. Just realize it's a phenomena which is distracting you from grasping truth.

Don't get seduced by pretty emotions.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

20 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Salaam You can vibe all you want. Nothing wrong with that. Just realize it's a phenomena which is distracting you from grasping truth.

Don't get seduced by pretty emotions.

I appreciate that you have that view, but we see things differently it seems.

Vibing in my experience is communication and the inter-play of natural forces. Sharing your orientation and substance in the world as presence and authentic self-expression, which inter-relates and influences the world around you as the world in turn influences you. Vibration, frequency, presence, these are all general terms for the sum of all we exude and share as an experience.

Anyways, Truth is way more nuanced and multi-dynamic than most people realize and is often times just a misused word for belief. In my view Truth requires differentiation for greater understanding. There are structural truths, contextual truths, and then belief and interpretation, which depends upon what a person has internalized and the chemistry of previously stored internalizations as they interact with new potential beliefs.

So with that said, I imagine that this Truth you are speaking off relates to beliefs of one-ness and no-identity and enlightenment stuff.

I don't ascribe to those beliefs and interpretations of reality. In my view, people who do accept and internalize such beliefs lack capability with Connective Tension or the ability to modulate the degree of attachment and consequent fusion with natural energies like "the void" or nothingness for instance. They react to the stresses of life by seeking to swing the pendulum towards detachment and nothingness, rather than calming down and not being seduced by it's influence and realizing that we can actually gain capability with the pendulum itself (in my view Buddha was a victim of this).

I'm not trying persuade you or anything, just share a different experience, arrived at through many years of careful cultivation of perceptional abilities.

I guess if I had to simply state the difference in view, it would be that where some people want to be completely one with nothingness and have no identity and everything as the same, I see the universe as being connected, but distinct and nuanced. Everything is different from me, but there are connective forces with different chemistries that connect me with everything and the contrast of those connections determine the shape/structure, orientation, solidity, permeability, and confluence of influence within my world.

Such a view has brought me incredible success in life and is both internally and externally validated in every facet of the universe.

So... really to me oneness is moving backwards and a limitation for further growth. It's a corruption of principles via the pressure to conform to the influence of unbalanced simplicity. Or in other words, tunnel vision and being one-dimensional.