TheUniverseIsLove

Toxic Environment Help

4 posts in this topic

I am 28 years old.

I had to move back in with my parents due to an upcoming  surgery/ I had to quit my job to get on healthcare to afford the surgery 

The environment is okay sometimes, but it is also extremely toxic 

(I have talked about it before on here) 

Tonight my mom screamed up close in my face....and I think she would have hit me if I didn’t tell her I would report her if she touched me.  She poke pushed me, but stopped after I spoke up. 

I don’t feel comfortable posting on my social media platforms to find somewhere else to go.

I was wondering if y’all had any resources.  

I am at a loss and I am nervous to be in this type of environment for recovery.

Thank you  

I think you need to move out. 

Or contact DSHS 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Me too man, I am living in a highly toxic home environment . I thought because I had made a lot of improvement it wouldn't affect me as much, but unfortunately I am getting sucked into the negativity still

I'm trying to move out soon, but some things that help me are to:

-Spend as much time outside as possible, in nature

-Use headphones/earplugs as much as you can

-Fully accept the negativity / embrace it and realise that this is a temporary situation

Probably going to be fairly tough to get in, but I would see if you can get some sort of housing voucher. This would give you some stability while you recover and try to get back on your feet. You would have to be really persistent with all of the filing of information. I would see if you can find someone locally who can help guide you with as many resources as possible. I would call around and see what you can find. 

I have lived in abusive homes growing up and it is tough. You will get through it though. I would suggest while you are there practicing building up tolerance to their behavior and try to understand why they act the way they do. The better that you get at not reacting to it, then it will get better. I would keep your distance and lower your contact with them while you are going through it. If you can build a good kryia yoga practice that would help amazingly with your emotional control.