Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JayG84

Consciousness works like Electricity does

6 posts in this topic

I'm not a materialist, but I do work in a STEM field and notice a lot of similarities. 

It sort of does work like a computer.

Consciousness is Infinite Potential. Consciousness can be called an Infinite Potential Energy Field. When you feel the Energy of a person or a place, you're getting in tune with the states of Consciousness that is present.

Electricity is Energy. When a switch closes, Electricity can flow. Before the switch is closed, we say that it has Potential. Voltage is Potential Electrical Energy. 

When you apply a Voltage to a circuit board you have (not infinite) but a lot of ways to channel that Electrical Energy to Manifest anything on a screen. Logic Gates are used to make distinctions (0 or 1) and limit or filter the flow of Electricity to channel the Energy into specific pathways to Program the computer to do the work that has to be done. This work manifests as pixels inside a screen where a video game or a movie can be played (or anything else really). And we all know the video game analogy from here. Maybe computers are a hint to the infinite amount of filtering that has to happen for us and our reality to manifest.

Consciousness filters itself like a circuit board going through logic gates.  

So in this analogy:

Potential Electrical Energy = Consciousness

Circuit Board = Infinite Possibilities

Logic Gates = Relative Domain

Distinctions = Thoughts and Emotions

Program = Limiting Beliefs

Video Game = Manifestation of Reality

Mario = You

Where the analogy falls apart is that Consciousness programs itself through infinite possabilities alone. Which is why this reality cannot be a simulation.

But in some ways I think of Electrical Energy as "Consciousness Lite" it can manifest a lot of stuff. In fact it can manifest whole 2D worlds for us to look at and enjoy. Our whole modern world is built on it. And our "brains" run on it. Yes it's an illusion, but it's also too mysterious to be passed off as insignificant. Maybe God manifested it as a clue to how it does its magic. ?

3 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

I'm not a materialist, but I do work in a STEM field and notice a lot of similarities. 

It sort of does work like a computer.

Consciousness is Infinite Potential. Consciousness can be called an Infinite Potential Energy Field. When you feel the Energy of a person or a place, you're getting in tune with the states of Consciousness that is present.

Electricity is Energy. When a switch closes, Electricity can flow. Before the switch is closed, we say that it has Potential. Voltage is Potential Electrical Energy. 

When you apply a Voltage to a circuit board you have (not infinite) but a lot of ways to channel that Electrical Energy to Manifest anything on a screen. Logic Gates are used to make distinctions (0 or 1) and limit or filter the flow of Electricity to channel the Energy into specific pathways to Program the computer to do the work that has to be done. This work manifests as pixels inside a screen where a video game or a movie can be played (or anything else really). And we all know the video game analogy from here. Maybe computers are a hint to the infinite amount of filtering that has to happen for us and our reality to manifest.

Consciousness filters itself like a circuit board going through logic gates.  

So in this analogy:

Potential Electrical Energy = Consciousness

Circuit Board = Infinite Possibilities

Logic Gates = Relative Domain

Distinctions = Thoughts and Emotions

Program = Limiting Beliefs

Video Game = Manifestation of Reality

Mario = You

Where the analogy falls apart is that Consciousness programs itself through infinite possabilities alone. Which is why this reality cannot be a simulation.

But in some ways I think of Electrical Energy as "Consciousness Lite" it can manifest a lot of stuff. In fact it can manifest whole 2D worlds for us to look at and enjoy. Our whole modern world is built on it. And our "brains" run on it. Yes it's an illusion, but it's also too mysterious to be passed off as insignificant. Maybe God manifested it as a clue to how it does its magic. ?

Pretty cool analogy! We would not been able to create simulations and artificial intelligence without electricity. It may not be a perfect analogy in terms of direct comparison but it may one day allow us to create perceptions we have never ever imagined. ( Clue: Even brain communicates through electrical signals)

Where do nothingness and love fall in this analogy? 

1 hour ago, An young being said:

Pretty cool analogy! We would not been able to create simulations and artificial intelligence without electricity. It may not be a perfect analogy in terms of direct comparison but it may one day allow us to create perceptions we have never ever imagined. ( Clue: Even brain communicates through electrical signals)

?Yeah I wonder what technology people in the future will come up with when we become much more conscious as a society. Stage Coral tech will be truly mind-blowing...haha

22 minutes ago, molosku said:

Where do nothingness and love fall in this analogy? 

Well of course it's not a perfect analogy, but Love could be seen as the life force itself that IS Consciousness so a good relation would be the Electromagnetic Force itself. As for Nothingness, What does Electricity exist as before you generate it? You could say that it's limitness potential in static form in a given materal. Again, not a perfect analogy but nothing in our reality is. ?

I've been thinking about this too and have come to the following conclusions:

Consciousness  = life force, energy

Body = hardware, manifested, first-person pov or avatar created to make sense of the spacetime reality

Mind = software, spacetime, infinite imagination

So I think that the mind is the program that runs with the help of consciousness - consciousness being the power that switches the mind on and keeps the body alive. What do you think?

11 minutes ago, Member said:

I've been thinking about this too and have come to the following conclusions:

Consciousness  = life force, energy

Body = hardware, manifested, first-person pov or avatar created to make sense of the spacetime reality

Mind = software, spacetime, infinite imagination

So I think that the mind is the program that runs with the help of consciousness - consciousness being the power that switches the mind on and keeps the body alive. What do you think?

It depends on whether we're talking about the relative or the absolute. I see a mixture of both in these definitions. Ultimately Consciousness is Mind, Life Force, and Infinite Imagination. But it's manifesting body, spacetime, energy, hardware, software, making sense, and any idea of all these that we have. It's just that our logic (Logic Gates) use distinctions to filter Limitlessness into limited functions, and those limited functions are the programming (Ego). So it's not that our programming runs with the help of Consciousness, our programming runs in spite of Consciousness. The only thing keeping the body alive is the programming, as is the case with Mario in the game.  ?