LostSoul

I need your advice

7 posts in this topic

So I would like to hear some advice on this situation: I'm totally lost on a career level. I've been studying electricity since I left college (3 years from that moment). My economic situation is that I depend on my father, who is CRAZY on an emotional level, he is hyper neurotic and I know I have to leave this house the moment I can. My chest is burning 24/7 since I had an spiritual awakening 3 years ago. Since then I KNOW my passion is helping people on a spiritual level, like a life coach, I love brathing techniches, i love meditation, i love psychodelics, i love psychology, methaphisics... (I LOVE this things deeply, i could be researching all this for eternity).

My plan 3 years ago was to keep studiying electricity and make money to then, far away from my father, try to live my passion. 

Today I have a heavy confront with my parents, my father is literally crazy and my mother was triying to help me out. I can't put into words what I feel inside, I've been struggling for 3 years with anxiety and all of that, but inside me I see the light of that awakening I had, that moment I saw what I'm capable of and the potencial of life. I never liked the idea of going to university but it is my last chance to make it happen studiying psichology maybe... I don't knOW.

I'm years old, very young, this could be my chance to change careers and trowing away electricity, but I will have to keep depending on my parents.

It's tough because your emotions and gut feelings are telling you to leave, but you should probably gather the strength to stick around for a while and save as much money as possible for the time being. Come up with a precise financial plan and stick to it. You are young, so it's more affordable to sacrifice some of your freedom NOW to have MUCH more later. Take advantage of this and try to practice patience and understanding with your father, this is a great opportunity to build some spiritual maturity.

If you're working a full time job and spending all your free time studying and pursuing your hobbies. What time do you have left to get stressed out by your father anyways? Is that really so bad @LostSoul?

hrhrhtewgfegege

No, it's no really that bad. I appreciatte your advice Roy. Just sometimes all my feelings came out from nowhere and its really difficult for me to cry. I have too much weight in my back in an emotional sense. You are right, maybe coming up with a vision will make things don't seem so abstract.

Edited by LostSoul
error

Dude, you help people the most if you are competent. We don't need 6 Million Self Help Youtubers. So get more competent, earn money, save money - repeat. Then move the fuck out from home. Save more money and get more competent and come up with a plan that is a little bit more sophisticated than 'yo i wanna help peeepl so I become a coach'^^

no front though, i'm happy that you want more from life. that's cool.

I see your point. Appreciatte it. Thanks¡

@LostSoul I am assuming you are not in debt. 

if you feel it is toxic enough for a change then change your environment. You are 18-21 maybe? You have the most value thing right now. TIME! 

Use it wisely, you can not save it, you only spent it.

Saving is your best friend currently. 

Get a job for the mean time 

Go though your finances and make a plan 

Right place to live, affordable given your circumstances. ( may need to get roommate(s). )

Finding your purpose at a young age should be a priority, not petty problems even if its not your fault. Be careful not to fall into a victim mentally, the higher you climb the personal growth ladder, you bump into people who simply don't have the desire and blame the circumstances. Make a plan and take action. Your are young so take your time, you are in the exploration stage , it may take years but try your hardest to speed it up. Some people find there success at age 35, no shame , will all have are unique personally journey. 

Book I recommend that will motivate you with money is a book by Felix Dennis " How to get rich" love this book , currently making a theatric movie trailers for books for my youtube channel. That can hype you up too to take action, before you read the book. 

Also recommend Leo's life purpose course, he will answer most of your widely ask questions because your not the first to have this problem. 

Good luck bro.

you can try, maybe it's yours and you will succeed. do as you wish, not like parents want