Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dazgwny

2nd dimension to awakening?

10 posts in this topic

I remember leo in one of his more recent videos saying that there was a 2nd dimension to awakening. I can’t remember the exact way he framed it. But he said basically there’s just no way of explaining it in any way so he just can’t go there, can’t even try to even remotely put it into words. So he’s just not. And had realised there was basically gonna be a 3rd and 4th and so on to infinity. Which obviously adds up because infinity is infinity so I guess it should really be of no surprise. Anybody have any idea what so ever? Or experienced what they think would be this? I’m just curious as to whether anyone out there related to what he said and thought along the lines of ‘yes I know exactly what he’s on about’. Or is he totally on his own with that? And I wonder if a point will come where he may find some way to try relate to us just what it is. As it’s clearly difficult enough to relate to most people the basics of awakening

Does it actually matter what that "dimension" is? If it is infinite, then it must be infinitely meaningless. What you actually want is this, whatever is happening is all there is. The idea and feeling that this isn't it, is it, everything is. You think that looking at a particular experience can reveal everything or make you understand everything. It looks so big and important when you hear all of these advanced concepts of other dimensions and infinite depth, it's all just concepts happening in everything. The mind fuck is that this already is what you are trying to understand through concepts and ideas. You don't need to do anything for this to be what it is. You aren't already.

@traveler There are all kinds of experiences available. Some awakenings include a change of perception, making us aware of something that was clearly not there before. Like when you begin to actually see and feel that everything is the Self. It changes one's experience forever.

I think the true self is impossible to describe, maybe Leo was talking about that, being aware of and sensing the true self?

@Seraphim All that comes and goes are empty appearances, including "the self." You could say that this is "the self" but that is just another word pointing to what is. Understanding appears in this, but this will never be understood. It doesn't need to be. What is looked for is the freedom of just being. The suffering is looking for something that is not here. The individual can not look here, because the individual IS the contracted energy of "this is not it." All that "has" to happen is the falling away of the energy of seeking something else.

That said, even that energy is it, there is nothing wrong.

"All there is, is unrecognisable freedom." - Jim Newman.

Edited by traveler

7 hours ago, traveler said:

Does it actually matter what that "dimension" is? If it is infinite, then it must be infinitely meaningless. What you actually want is this, whatever is happening is all there is. The idea and feeling that this isn't it, is it, everything is. You think that looking at a particular experience can reveal everything or make you understand everything. It looks so big and important when you hear all of these advanced concepts of other dimensions and infinite depth, it's all just concepts happening in everything. The mind fuck is that this already is what you are trying to understand through concepts and ideas. You don't need to do anything for this to be what it is. You aren't already.

Then why do we have something called a curious mind?

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

@traveler There are all kinds of experiences available. Some awakenings include a change of perception, making us aware of something that was clearly not there before. Like when you begin to actually see and feel that everything is the Self. It changes one's experience forever.

I think the true self is impossible to describe, maybe Leo was talking about that, being aware of and sensing the true self?

What I understand is that we strongly believe that consciousness is everything because we are able to experience only that. Even if there is a concept called multiple infinities and multiple consciousness, we won't be able to experience it because there can be a limitation of what we are able to comprehend with our human mind. We simply can't understand something beyond infinity. We would simply say infinity means everything and it stops there.

10 minutes ago, An young being said:

Then why do we have something called a curious mind?

Because you feel separate and you fill your cup with knowledge hoping it will empty.

There is no one here having a curious mind, curiousity can arise and there is nothing wrong with that, the problem is that you think that it has value in your search for liberation. Life is a curious thing my G, the beauty is that the curiousity will never end. It doesn't need to be fulfilled.

Edited by traveler

18 minutes ago, traveler said:

Because you feel separate and you fill your cup with knowledge hoping it will empty.

There is no one here having a curious mind, curiousity can arise and there is nothing wrong with that, the problem is that you think that it has value in your search for liberation. Life is a curious thing my G, the beauty is that the curiousity will never end. It doesn't need to be fulfilled.

Curiosity helps us to survive. That's life's purpose. Even liberation is assisting survival indirectly. Otherwise why would you need to come back from the liberated state of mind? To use the knowledge to get emotional relief, isn't it?

5 minutes ago, An young being said:

Curiosity helps us to survive. That's life's purpose. Even liberation is assisting survival indirectly. Otherwise why would you need to come back from the liberated state of mind? To use the knowledge to get emotional relief, isn't it?

Life has no purpose, life is it's own purpose. You don't know what liberation is, it is merely an idea, a dream. There is separation between "you" and "what is," that is what creates the search for a "thing" called liberation in order to seal that gap. This is so close that it can't be found, it can only be. 

Emptiness roars.