Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Native American culture ❤️❤️??

24 posts in this topic

I always wanted to explore the culture in the mountains of America. The culture of Native Americans. Their culture has fascinated me more than any culture on planet earth 

Eventually over time I'm going to imbibe and integrate a lot of the values and traditions of Native American culture into my life for the majority of it. The world is getting crazier by the day and there seems to be no source of inspiration to derive from whereby you can live in a decent peaceful way away from all the bullshit politics and spiritual manipulation of the new agey spiritual dogma in the name of enlightenment and all sorts of fancy words. I need a breather. It seems the Native Americans have the answer for my concerns. Their culture seems to be a refuge away from the madness of the world. 

I have always felt more spiritual whenever I have tried to explore Native American culture and traditions. They seem wise and more grounded and connected with nature. 

46xdtm.jpg

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Some native American music 

Native American dance 

A flute performance 

@DrewNows so tell me something about Native American culture and people that I might not know.. Because I am just a beginner trying to get to know about the cultures in your country. 

And it's very interesting to me. 

In high school I actually “had to” end up taking a native American Indian studies online course. So I lightly became familiar with the various tribes/traditions/rituals and practices etc. i know the various dancing rituals around campfire are used to connect with spirits and the divine. They have a very long heritage of deep wisdom when it comes to the wilderness/nature, thus is manifested in their beautifully long hair (heritage). 

Also due to my spirited nature I had the pleasure of befriending a few along my journey, one in college who was the most awesome friend. 

so about the worst stigmatism created relating to NA has been around drinking the spirits. White folk will not understand the purpose it serves, the reasoning and value of drinking liquor or fire water aka spirits. So there are many NA today who fail to fit in with American society due to its ugly disconnected way of life.

It’s a lot of fun but then so much is lost, ya know? 

Living in Arizona I also had the experiences of visiting various NA reservations. Their schools were almost 100% whatever People of tribal land, and mixed in the surrounding lands. 

i can imagine there is much to question in the Americans his-story interpretations of these native people, but I have not further explored the traditions. However I would say they are familiar with the processes in discovering the divine nature and liberated states in their own rituals 

imagine seeing yourself in all the animals you come across...suddenly being out in the wild, alone, becomes much more appealing 

Edited by DrewNows

@Preety_India Each tribe has their own unique culture, so it's easiest and more accurate to specific tribes themselves. Because of this most natives prefer to identify and describe themselves within their own specific tribe, rather than the more umbrella term of Native American. There are of course similarities between tribes though. Regionally there are vast differences between tribes as the geography of the US is so varied among other factors. 

I think this book might be just what you're looking for. https://www.amazon.com/Braiding-Sweetgrass-Indigenous-Scientific-Knowledge/dp/1571313567

:x

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I'm looking into Native American politics and it seems to me that they have been kinda held back for some time. 

I exactly can't grasp their issues but it seems like they have been living in poverty due to government policies is what I surmise. 

Anyway these videos give some idea into their world of politics 

Later I will expand ideas here, grasping the purpose of the great number of tribes and their differing traits/characteristics/patterns of survival. Hint it all relates back to astrological signs (imho) 

3 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Later I will expand ideas here, grasping the purpose of the great number of tribes and their differing traits/characteristics/patterns of survival. Hint it all relates back to astrological signs (imho) 

That's awesome. I would love your contribution since I know very little so a person living in America can actually tell me much more. 

I posted a wrong video by mistake under Native American politics. I can't edit the post. So here it is. 

I'm looking into Native American politics and it seems to me that they have been kinda held back for some time. 

I exactly can't grasp their issues but it seems like they have been living in poverty due to government policies is what I surmise. 

Anyway these videos give some idea into their world of politics 

Some documentaries that I need to watch to learn about Native American culture. 

Edited by Preety_India

32 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

I don't think i will be able to resist listening to all these lovely videos with music being shared :D 

What was shared by @mandyjw looks excellent, so then there's the question, that arises, what's the best perspective to truly under/over/inner-stand the collective attributes of each of the tribes?

Taking the approach of using astrology and birth charts offer the most complete (comprehensive) view of how's and why's behind the functioning and politics of each tribe and their relation to one another

Edited by DrewNows

@DrewNows  im totally digging those videos. 

:)

This one is an old one yet really good. 

Edited by Preety_India

@Preety_India Hey would you turn on your messenger? I reached out earlier, but it seems you’re not open to receive 

@DrewNows yep. Turning it on right away. 

@DrewNows you can message me. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. I had forgotten to turn my messenger on.