Lyubov

Messed up sleep schedule

5 posts in this topic

I've gotten into the habit of going to bed at 6am... :$

Waking up at 3pm

Anyone gotten into this since quarantine. 

How were you able to get back to a more normal sleep schedule ?

I'd like to be asleep by 3 and waking up at around 1130

If you find you can’t sleep aviod screens the brain becomes too stimulated. Read a book instead. Go to bed the same time every day and wake up the same time every day. It might help to have a night ritual for example two hours before bed no screens. When trying to sleep I have heard it’s good to relax every part of your body and focus on breathing but it may require daily practice to work effectively. A shower can also help you falling asleep.

once you have found something that works make it a habit. 
to make it a habit I found it helps to don’t break the streak(or chain). Write some where you can track your progress.

it also helps to write the specifics you want for your habit down and add a reminder to read it so you don’t forget it.

Edited by BjarkeT

In the same boat. Lol

But it gets better. The mind goes back to its natural schedule, at least in my case, takes a bit of time, but happens. 

One thing I do is blue light 

Turn on all the lights during the day. This blue light keeps you on and when you turn off at the end of the day, the brain automatically rewires it as a signal to sleep 

However if you keep the lights on at night, then the brain will remain awake at night. 

Changing the schedule of the blue light helps a lot with resetting the sleep timing. 

Try to be as much awake as possible during the day by either exposure to sunlight or room light. And constantly walking around, watching TV. Don't read. But keep doing something. Listen to music or keep talking. 

Once the day is over, you will feel sleepy out of exhaustion and then putting the lights out means signaling the brain that it's bed time. 

This article will help you understand how to use the light. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ecowatch.com/amp/blue-light-and-sleep-2646076761

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

woke up at basically 3:30pm today xD

I don't have a problem falling asleep... I just love staying up late... but I have to choose if I want my fun nights staying up late or if I prefer the more supportive routine of committing to going to bed earlier. I think I will work it back slowly. 

First make sure you know what you want, if right now you're ok with this they keep it up, just notice the consecuences. 

If you'd like to change it, I've found that clear intention and making it gradual is the key. 

If you'd like to sleep from, lets say, 11pm to 7am make it a clear goal and compromise to make it your sleep time. 

Then move half-hour or an hour a day, try to sleep a bit earlier and wake up a bit earlier. The practice is to be diligent with your going to bed and waking up time, doing both is very important. If you sleep earlier but wakeup late it wont stick. That's why making the shift gradually makes it easier. 

Its really important to make it a clear goal to you, because sometimes moving your sleep schedule a lot and keeping it steady takes a whole month. So keep the vision clear. 

Goodnight :)

Connect to Create ☼♡