Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Annoynymous

Are all progressives populists?

4 posts in this topic

So the Krystal and Saagar show is basically  formatted on a left wing populist and a right wing populist bashing "establishment" and "corporate elites" and doing other stuffs as well which is not important in this post. So Krystal is the left wing populist who always support progressive politician/candidates over moderate democrats and republicans.

So my question is, are all progressives populists or they have scattered into various factions?  It seems to me that they all are populists or otherwise, a populist like Krystal Ball wouldn't support them. 

basically both far sides of the political spectrums are populists. I don't really have an explanation for this phenomena. 

2 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

So the Krystal and Saagar show is basically  formatted on a left wing populist and a right wing populist bashing "establishment" and "corporate elites" and doing other stuffs as well which is not important in this post. So Krystal is the left wing populist who always support progressive politician/candidates over moderate democrats and republicans.

So my question is, are all progressives populists or they have scattered into various factions?  It seems to me that they all are populists or otherwise, a populist like Krystal Ball wouldn't support them. 

First define populist 

Noam Chomsky would support progressive policies but I’d have a hard time calling him a “populist.” I’d say populism has less to do with the specific content of any one ideology and more to do with the structure of how it’s promoted. 

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon