JayG84

Visual Representation of Consciousness

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I was just messing around in a wordprocesser this morning trying to organize my thoughts about the path I'm taking to the realization of consciousness. I wanted to express it in a visual way and drew this.

It's kind of a ruff draft, I'm still trying to organize and add more levels to it, but I thought I would share it with you and get your input.

Each circle has a purpose to further question the next level of the chart. The construction flow goes inside out and the deconstruction goes outside in. Each word in the chart has to be questioned and realized. I built it going inside out, but the realizations probably came to me in the opposite direction.

You can't explain anything on the outside of the circle without going more inside. But to explain ALL of it you have to go outside of the circle but there's nothing left to explain it with. 

Let me know if you have anything to add to it, or any questions about it. ?

Thanks,

Jay ?

Consciousness.png

Edited by JayG84

I made a prettier version. ?

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 8.37.53 PM.png

Whoa this is awesome! The color is great too. Do you plan on trying to develop it further? Not that it needs it, but curious 

8 hours ago, JayG84 said:

Hey guys. I was just messing around in a wordprocesser this morning trying to organize my thoughts about the path I'm taking to the realization of consciousness. I wanted to express it in a visual way and drew this.

It's kind of a ruff draft, I'm still trying to organize and add more levels to it, but I thought I would share it with you and get your input.

Each circle has a purpose to further question the next level of the chart. The construction flow goes inside out and the deconstruction goes outside in. Each word in the chart has to be questioned and realized. I built it going inside out, but the realizations probably came to me in the opposite direction.

You can't explain anything on the outside of the circle without going more inside. But to explain ALL of it you have to go outside of the circle but there's nothing left to explain it with. 

Let me know if you have anything to add to it, or any questions about it. ?

Thanks,

Jay ?

Consciousness.png

Dude, this is good.

Its much better to lay it out so you can understand what you are leaning. Also important to remember that all symbolism must ultimately dissipate and be left behind. Great work nevertheless.

Should consider applying this to different cultures and filling in each section. Could provide a reflexive interface with some general utility.

24 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Whoa this is awesome! The color is great too. Do you plan on trying to develop it further? Not that it needs it, but curious

Thanks! Yeah, It's definitely a work in development. It sort of just maps my progress so far through my self-inquiry work. I'm sure it could be a lot bigger of a chart if I integrated more dualities, but I'll probably just use it as a quick perspective check when I need it. ?

34 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

Dude, this is good.

Its much better to lay it out so you can understand what you are leaning. Also important to remember that all symbolism must ultimately dissipate and be left behind. Great work nevertheless.

Should consider applying this to different cultures and filling in each section. Could provide a reflexive interface with some general utility.

Thanks man! Yeah the middle of the chart is sort of the last stage where I realized that symbols and language have to be deconstructed also and that ultimately, you can't explain anything in the chart with anything else in the chart. Outside of the chart, there's only Consciousness and Love which explains itself. 

Good idea with applying it to different cultures. I'm sure there's an infinite amount of ways that this chart could be changed to reflect each individuals personal journey. This is just the way it made sense in my mind. ?

1 hour ago, JayG84 said:

Thanks! Yeah, It's definitely a work in development. It sort of just maps my progress so far through my self-inquiry work. I'm sure it could be a lot bigger of a chart if I integrated more dualities, but I'll probably just use it as a quick perspective check when I need it. ?

Thanks man! Yeah the middle of the chart is sort of the last stage where I realized that symbols and language have to be deconstructed also and that ultimately, you can't explain anything in the chart with anything else in the chart. Outside of the chart, there's only Consciousness and Love which explains itself. 

Good idea with applying it to different cultures. I'm sure there's an infinite amount of ways that this chart could be changed to reflect each individuals personal journey. This is just the way it made sense in my mind. ?

That’s it, symbols are helpful up until a point, they the. become redundant. Nonetheless, I see there being much use in this map. Just like any map (such as spiral dynamics) it’s important not to cling to them so as to leave room for further developed learning.

I think that’s a good idea since it will provide you some real world relatability too.

Good work man. It’s great to see someone so committed to actually interpreting this content through their own unique understanding. Keep it up ?