Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Petals

God's Personhood?

4 posts in this topic

the following is (just) metaphysical speculation.

Leo made clear in another thread that 'Will' is the case and that Consciousness is Will.

Will seems to be the attribute of a 'person'. I have recently come across a few sources which seem to say that God is a 'Person' (of course not in the sense that we think, while our personhood might be a reflection of God's Personhood) whereas before I had the idea that it was not, just undefined and 'enlightenment' would be the 'merging' with that Undefined/Undefinable.

As an example - Stephen Jourdain. He is somebody who openly says in the same book from which I quote that he is God. Quote: "My story isn't that of a fusion into a great, anonymous mass, but that of the birth of a new person. It must be well-understood: A spiritual person, an entity without either features nor contours yet definitely a person."

What do you think/understand about this? especially @Leo Gura and others who have had direct experience.

Edited by Petals

Yes, but it's kind of less confusing to say consciousness instead of person. When we say person we might think - seperate, has problems, likes and dislikes...

But yes, when I became conscious of God, my reaction was - wow, reality as a whole "has a person" :D

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

God has infinite qualities. In this way, Reality possesses both personal and impersonal qualities.
Furthermore, instead of there being a rigid divide between personal and impersonal qualities, the two are on the same spectrum.