Chakra Lion

Spiritual Trading Life - Bitcoin/Stocks

17 posts in this topic

Although I am currently only trading Bitcoin, this list is about the Trading Life, and how I see it to be a very great tool to improve control over emotions, how to quiet the mind and its quick reactions, and to bring overall balance to the Spirit.

Here is a List of my Top Reasons I love what I do.

1. You Live and Die in every Trade. Imagine you had $1000, suddenly it drops to $500, and then it goes up to $1500. That is the reality of every Trade. The risk of losing it all, completely messing up what you hope would happen. Or it could give you more than you ever thought possible. It humbles you, much like awakening out of a bad trip and realizing your still alive. 

2. You realize that Emotions Control you. The biggest reason why people fail as Traders is emotions. When a Stock roars and is on its way to the Moon, you will have FOMO, and for beginners, buying high and selling low is a common thing. You buy at the top, because its going up and looking great, but then when it falls, you sell, because you are scared and afraid of losing all your money. Fear vs. Trust.

3. You become Rational. When you have some time in the Market, the mind begins to slow and turn into a more logical and calm tool. Instead of hoping for a single trade to make that large Lamborghini profit, you have understood that its the little wins that add up. When you buy in and it goes into the opposite direction of what you expected, a calm mind will know to wait and watch. Not just react, but rationally understand that this is how life goes. You also begin to see that the general consensus is wrong. When the chatter is that the price will drop, expect it to rise.

4. Freedom. To me, freedom is more important than money or many of the other assets we try to gain in this reality. Freedom gives me time to live my life. Instead of standing at the grocery store for 9 hours a day and missing out on time with loved ones, I am my own boss, making my own schedule, and am free to do and go wherever I want. That to me is worth a pay cut. I'd rather make less, have more stress when I work, than to limit my freedom to a boss or corporation. 

These are a few of my main reasons to be a Trader. Learning Money Management, shutting up the Ego, using Bitcoin to cut out Governments and Banks, the list goes on. 

I wanted to put this out there for anyone who wants an out of societies shackles, like I did. And this is not to convince the majority to start trading, in fact I advise against it. It is hard work, and most will fail, or worse, lose what they have build. But if there is a will, an inextinguishable passion to be your own boss and make money your own way, it is an option, a door to open if you so choose. 

I'd love to hear from other Traders!

And feel free to ask questions!

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

@Chakra Lion Dedicated the whole 2019 to developing a strategy for swing trading cryptocurrencies. Found one. I'd let go of most of the arguments you have given. They sound to me like backwards rationalizations of the fact that we traders are not helping the world in any way. But I get it. Trading is a perfect tool for the hermit lifestyle one of my halves deeply wishes for.

Well day trading is pretty much a zero sum game, some lose money, some win money, no wealth is created. For me it would be hard to see meaning in this, but I you have a passion for it, you can maybe share that passion with others.

That's incredible you are able to pull consistent profit trading cryptos. Ever since the barting with deep down candles started it's been very very difficult. I imagine only longer timeframes work now. What timeframes do you trade?

How long have you been trading for? Are you training on a full time basis?

I had discovered trading around 6 or 7 years ago through a popular youtuber. I had worked at a low paid job to save enough money to buy the chat room subscription and make a small deposit of $500 into an offshore brokerage account. Unfortunately, I soon realised that even if I made a significant percentage gains they will eventually be taken away by the commissions. Being a lazy teen, I mostly forgot about trading plus my family were not very keen on me continuing this and I eventually found a better paying job

Recently I have been prompted by my friend who knew I had an interest in trading to re enter the market. I understand the stock market is pretty volatile right now and the barrier for entry has never been lower with apps like robinhood.

I have come to the realization that there is a chance of making a good living through trading and investing however I will need to treat this more like a business then a hobby (90% of business fail within 5 year – 90% of retails trader loss majority of there deposit within 6 months)

At this point I have decided to take things much slowly and try to create a sound trading strategy that I can use. Currently I am paper trading using the TC2000 platform and just experimenting different strategies. I make sure to log all my trades in an excel spreadsheet to track my metrics.

If you are looking to combine an aspect of spirituality into your trading, I would highly recommend checking out Brett Steenbager’s blog post Traderfeed where has written extensive blog posts on how you can use spirituality to aid your trading.  I would also recommend Jesse Livermore’s book how to trade stocks, a timeless classic with material that is still relevant today as it was a 100 odd years ago.

I had attempted the life purpose course however I found it difficult to stick the life purpose it led me towards. I will reattempt the life purpose course in the near future

My long-term goal with trading is to achieve financial independence, will I be able to? I don’t know however this uncertainty will not stop me from trying :) 

lastly, to make it as a trader you are going to need a genuine passion for the financial markets, even when the going gets tough and you have blown your account. You need to be able to pick yourself back up and continue moving forward. It’s not what you do when everything is going to plan and your banking that Lambo money but what you do the moment trades start stacking against you that will define the trajectory of your trading career.

Sorry for the long post xD I never thought I would see a trading/investing post on this site.

Edit: in no way I am endorsing a particular investment nor am I qualified to give financial advise. I have heard Chain Link could be the next big thing. its currently trading around $4 mark last time I checked 

Edited by Abhishaik

On 6/18/2020 at 10:51 AM, SirVladimir said:

@Chakra Lion They sound to me like backwards rationalizations of the fact that we traders are not helping the world in any way.

I don't agree. You can trade ethically and conscious by investing in companies that you want to see thrive. I have a portfolio with a Vegan ETF, non animal cruelty ETF, solar/green energy,  cannabis stocks, and investing money into those stocks only grows support and trust in society that this is a desired future. And the money that you make, the wealth that sprinkles down when your working on the 1 minute chart, that is like stealing from the rich, and that wealth should then circulate around your community and ultimately increase the well being of

On 6/19/2020 at 4:11 PM, crab12 said:

That's incredible you are able to pull consistent profit trading cryptos. Ever since the barting with deep down candles started it's been very very difficult. I imagine only longer timeframes work now. What timeframes do you trade?

Yea, the whales are certainly alive and well. If I use leverage I try to scalp out asap. Quick and easy $100 profit if you have 1 bitcoin and you buy when a big candle in either direction is beginning to reverse. And when your on the minute by minute chart, its like being inside of the mine and you can see what the herd will most likely do. If I'm observing I stay on the 5 minute. Just easier to see the trend and catch a big candle forming. And when I am in a trade, I stay on the minute chart unless its calm and i'm comfortable. 

@Abhishaik Thanks for sharing. I've heard great things about Chain Link. And when mainstream catches on to crytpo, wealth will eventually move online, like it already is, but paper money no doubt has its good years behind it.  Lets be the Robinhoods of the 21st century and due our part in sprinkling the wealth down from the selfish. 

- Edgar Allen Poe 

2 hours ago, Chakra Lion said:

I don't agree. You can trade ethically and conscious by investing in companies that you want to see thrive. I have a portfolio with a Vegan ETF, non animal cruelty ETF, solar/green energy,  cannabis stocks, and investing money into those stocks only grows support and trust in society that this is a desired future. And the money that you make, the wealth that sprinkles down when your working on the 1 minute chart, that is like stealing from the rich, and that wealth should then circulate around your community and ultimately increase the well being of

I realize the sense of what one calls trading and investing can differ.

You can trade ethically and conscious by investing in companies that you want to see thrive.

I view the terms as two separate. Investing in a company is like giving out your heart to it. You trust in it, however bumpy the road may be. Trading, on the other hand, is like raping the chart in whichever direction for profit. It's not always about thriving. You see an opportunity, you short that bitch down for profit. Admit it. There's nothing conscious about trading a stock for two weeks, only to sell it for gains.

And the money that you make, the wealth that sprinkles down when your working on the 1 minute chart, that is like stealing from the rich.

When did this thought come into your head? With each trade, you're paying fees to the exchange. They're the ones selling you shovels. About 80% traders lose money. Your victory comes at the cost of four other ordinary people. 

Hear me out when I say, brother, you don't need freedom to fill your days with emptiness. You've come up with all these reasons, when in fact deep down you're hollow. Trading doesn't give you freedom from bosses because now you're tied to screens and charts. You feel stressed. It seems like freedom from an Orange perspective, because suddenly you're not tied to a chair, because can travel.

Edited by SirVladimir

On 18/06/2020 at 2:21 PM, SirVladimir said:

@Chakra Lion Dedicated the whole 2019 to developing a strategy for swing trading cryptocurrencies. Found one. I'd let go of most of the arguments you have given. They sound to me like backwards rationalizations of the fact that we traders are not helping the world in any way. But I get it. Trading is a perfect tool for the hermit lifestyle one of my halves deeply wishes for.

Agreed. ThrowING spirit into trading is a fancy way of saying some win and some will lose. ?

Hermit lifestyle is the best. Good on any of you who found a formula to trade. I know of none who have individually made a career of it. Short term success before a horrible down turn. 

56 minutes ago, Onemanwolfpac said:

I know of none who have individually made a career of it. Short term success before a horrible down turn. 

I make use of volatility and probability and approach charts macro to micro. Stop losses are essential. Bollinger Bands are a great tool, but greatly misunderstood by the public. I could teach saavy traders, but I feel nothing for it. 

20 hours ago, SirVladimir said:

Hear me out when I say, brother, you don't need freedom to fill your days with emptiness. You've come up with all these reasons, when in fact deep down you're hollow. Trading doesn't give you freedom from bosses because now you're tied to screens and charts. You feel stressed. It seems like freedom from an Orange perspective, because suddenly you're not tied to a chair, because can travel.

Freedom is only one part of the many positives I receive. Your perception is not mine. I am not hollow.

- Edgar Allen Poe 

18 minutes ago, Chakra Lion said:

Freedom is only one part of the many positives I receive. Your perception is not mine. I am not hollow.

I suggest you take everything I say with a reserve. Of course! At the end of the day, I'm just an online avatar evaluating the lines given. I will never have the full picture. With that in mind, there are some universal objections and my own experiences, for I'm a trader too.

If you believe you have gone out of societies shackles, you're in for a rude awakening. In fact, you're more dependent on society's service than ever. You're dependent on having an internet. You're dependent on being provided with charts and symbols. You're dependent on having things to trade. You're dependent on other traders losing. That, you call a victory. For every successful trade on the battlefield, you kill four other people. In that, you take a pride. Never forget that. What you call freedom is merely an illusion, a growing bubble in a prison cell.

On 5. 6. 2020 at 9:13 PM, Chakra Lion said:

These are a few of my main reasons to be a Trader. Learning Money Management, shutting up the Ego, using Bitcoin to cut out Governments and Banks, the list goes on.

Trading makes our egos more observant in charts, disciplined and sneaky. Imagine if trading actually made your ego shut up. All those yogis, monks, hermits and psychonauts were wrong the whole time. Damn. Instead, why don't they start trading, because trading shuts up their egos. If anything, trading itself is the very reason through which your ego craves survival. 

@SirVladimir

"Trading makes our egos more observant in charts, disciplined and sneaky. Imagine if trading actually made your ego shut up. All those yogis, monks, hermits and psychonauts were wrong the whole time. Damn. Instead, why don't they start trading, because trading shuts up their egos. If anything, trading itself is the very reason through which your ego craves survival. "

that seems to be a very wise and practical perspective of trading itself, however I would not rule out the use of spiritual development to aid your trading even if it sole purpose is to aid your survival agenda. 

41 minutes ago, Abhishaik said:

I would not rule out the use of spiritual development to aid your trading even if it sole purpose is to aid your survival agenda. 

It does certainly help. You can bring the lessons you've learned with yourself. I'd never compare the word spirituality to trading though, as the word spirituality is deep beyond reasoning, mystical.

Teaching traders through zen-devilish practices could actually work, and earlier at one point in my life, I was thinking about it. I know I could; combined with my volatility and probability strategy it would raise strong traders. But I feel nothing for it. It would be a dirty business. So the secrets are probably going to grave with me. 

Edited by SirVladimir

On 21/06/2020 at 3:04 PM, SirVladimir said:

On 21/06/2020 at 3:04 PM, SirVladimir said:

I make use of volatility and probability and approach charts macro to micro. Stop losses are essential. Bollinger Bands are a great tool, but greatly misunderstood by the public. I could teach saavy traders, but I feel nothing for it. 

If you had a working formula, you would get hired anywhere but you would be fired ASAP and then they steal your formula. Its dig eats dog world. Its super volatile like btc and crypto. From the data and info I read, nobody beats the S&P 500 on a long enough time line. There's no get rich quick scheme or everyone would do it. Good luck bro. I am always trying to diversify my portfolio. Dems keep raising tax and love trashing your hard earned work. If you lose, you lose. If you win big, they tax the shit out of you. 

On 6/22/2020 at 1:37 AM, SirVladimir said:

If you believe you have gone out of societies shackles, you're in for a rude awakening. In fact, you're more dependent on society's service than ever. You're dependent on having an internet. You're dependent on being provided with charts and symbols. You're dependent on having things to trade. You're dependent on other traders losing. That, you call a victory. For every successful trade on the battlefield, you kill four other people. In that, you take a pride. Never forget that. What you call freedom is merely an illusion, a growing bubble in a prison cell.

You speak to me as if I shared your perceptions and experiences.

The goal is not to escape society.

I don't take pride in taking money from people. 

I understand that life is an illusion. You should know that your illusions of a prion cell are your own. I am unlimited. 

On 6/22/2020 at 1:37 AM, SirVladimir said:

Trading makes our egos more observant in charts, disciplined and sneaky. Imagine if trading actually made your ego shut up. All those yogis, monks, hermits and psychonauts were wrong the whole time. Damn. Instead, why don't they start trading, because trading shuts up their egos. If anything, trading itself is the very reason through which your ego craves survival. 

Trading obviously isn't the first route to enlightenment. You are giving your Ego way to much attention. 

- Edgar Allen Poe 

On 05/06/2020 at 8:13 PM, Chakra Lion said:

Although I am currently only trading Bitcoin, this list is about the Trading Life, and how I see it to be a very great tool to improve control over emotions, how to quiet the mind and its quick reactions, and to bring overall balance to the Spirit.

Here is a List of my Top Reasons I love what I do.

1. You Live and Die in every Trade. Imagine you had $1000, suddenly it drops to $500, and then it goes up to $1500. That is the reality of every Trade. The risk of losing it all, completely messing up what you hope would happen. Or it could give you more than you ever thought possible. It humbles you, much like awakening out of a bad trip and realizing your still alive. 

2. You realize that Emotions Control you. The biggest reason why people fail as Traders is emotions. When a Stock roars and is on its way to the Moon, you will have FOMO, and for beginners, buying high and selling low is a common thing. You buy at the top, because its going up and looking great, but then when it falls, you sell, because you are scared and afraid of losing all your money. Fear vs. Trust.

3. You become Rational. When you have some time in the Market, the mind begins to slow and turn into a more logical and calm tool. Instead of hoping for a single trade to make that large Lamborghini profit, you have understood that its the little wins that add up. When you buy in and it goes into the opposite direction of what you expected, a calm mind will know to wait and watch. Not just react, but rationally understand that this is how life goes. You also begin to see that the general consensus is wrong. When the chatter is that the price will drop, expect it to rise.

4. Freedom. To me, freedom is more important than money or many of the other assets we try to gain in this reality. Freedom gives me time to live my life. Instead of standing at the grocery store for 9 hours a day and missing out on time with loved ones, I am my own boss, making my own schedule, and am free to do and go wherever I want. That to me is worth a pay cut. I'd rather make less, have more stress when I work, than to limit my freedom to a boss or corporation. 

I wanted to put this out there for anyone who wants an out of societies shackles, like I did. And this is not to convince the majority to start trading, in fact I advise against it. It is hard work, and most will fail, or worse, lose what they have build. But if there is a will, an inextinguishable passion to be your own boss and make money your own way, it is an option, a door to open if you so choose. 

I'd love to hear from other Traders!

And feel free to ask questions!

Mate if you get these sort of swings on your trades you are using way too high leverage... There are different trading strategies and I believe it is important to be more responsible rather than seek get rich quick schemes which often leave you with a get poor quick result. 

Proper analysis and risk to reward ratio is very important and definitely trading teaches things like patience and being able to accept losses and also get very very transparent as to how much fear and greed can influence your decisions. 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.