Chumbimba

Solo Retreat Vs. Peter Ralston Workshop

14 posts in this topic

I have vacation time on work and I want to use it either going on a solo retreat ( I found a cabin for a very reasonable price) or doing the Peter Ralston fall-workshop series for one week. anybody other than @Leo Gura done both ? which one would produce the most growth long term ?

It's hard to say. Depends a lot on you, what level you're at, and how capable you are of pulling off a solo retreat.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I probably could do a week pretty easy, but 10 days is pushing it lol. I completed a 10 day vipassana last year, but I know that solo retreats are a different animal. I really want to get over the loneliness hump that you talked about in your video once and for all.

@Chumbimba Why not do both? Just pick which one you want to do first.

@Leo Gura Because I am a wage slave (planning my escape) and only get a limited amount of vacation time throughout the year :( this is apart of my escape plan though

2 minutes ago, Chumbimba said:

@Leo Gura Because I am a wage slave (planning my escape) and only get a limited amount of vacation time throughout the year :( this is apart of my escape plan though

Luckily your life consists of more than one year ;)

Expand your perspective! Your plans are too small. Which is also why you're a wage slave, BTW.

@Leo Gura True dat, is Ralston retiring soon ? because if so I would pick him first before I miss out on him haha

2 minutes ago, Chumbimba said:

@Leo Gura True dat, is Ralston retiring soon ? because if so I would pick him first before I miss out on him haha

He’s already semi retired. His apprentice Brendan facilitates the workshops but is also extremely good at it. Super funny guy too... 

Id say a solo retreat would yield more growth but Ive never done one. Only workshops.  

6 minutes ago, Chumbimba said:

is Ralston retiring soon

He's been saying that shit for years.

Where's he gonna go? Unless he dies he'll be teaching. He's got nothing better to do.

Let me bite the bullet and do the solo retreat and if I come out alive I will then meet ralston haha

@Chumbimba Seeing how workshops & retreats are conducted helps with doing your own solo retreat.

I would say that workshops and retreated organized for you by a leader are for newbie and intermediate people.

Solo retreats are for advanced people.