DizIzMikey

Beliefs?

11 posts in this topic

How can I believe in anything that is groundless?

If everything is arbitrary.. than what the fuck is true what is not?

Am I a master of my beliefs?

IF so... if all is arbitrary ... than fuck believing in anything!!!!

Well not completely true, when I tell myself I gotta eat and shit than it's time to do so..

So I believe in taking a shit and eating...does this sound correct? lmao

I guess I'll go from a state of "knowing" to "not knowing" when I so choose?

This shit is crazy 

A little advice is welcomed 

Edited by DizIzMikey

Everything your mind comes up with is not true, everything you experience, including the mind is true. 

Confused ? :)

@DizIzMikey Notice that belief is not required for shitting and eating. Every important life function happens without beliefs. The body would not be so stupid as to entrust life-support functions to arbitrary egotism.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@DizIzMikey

In my opinion, the beat way to do this is see through the main belief first:

"I am"

Then the rest will crumble as your journey continues. 

It's really quite easy 

12 hours ago, DizIzMikey said:

How can I believe in anything that is groundless?

If everything is arbitrary.. than what the fuck is true what is not?

Am I a master of my beliefs?

IF so... if all is arbitrary ... than fuck believing in anything!!!!

Well not completely true, when I tell myself I gotta eat and shit than it's time to do so..

So I believe in taking a shit and eating...does this sound correct? lmao

I guess I'll go from a state of "knowing" to "not knowing" when I so choose?

This shit is crazy 

A little advice is welcomed 

no your beliefs are your master, and control everything you do, drop the knowing and not knowing nonsense, it means nothing

@charlie2dogs It's pretty traumatic for me to not have any beliefs my mind goes so wild it feels like I'm going to die to the point where I need to distract my mind. 

Dropping the knowing and not knowing nonsense... now my mind has arrived to... I don't know

Ahh knowing and not knowing takes true knowing... I don't know what I know or don't know, so I can't say whether I know or don't know

@Leo Gura True, when I take a shit it takes the body telling me that I need to do it, not a thought

The thing is.. when I'm not able to latch onto any thought... it literally feels like I'm going to die, so traumatically that I need to actually stop and distract my mind... I've thought my whole life and believing a lot of my thoughts to a crazy value, that it's pretty maddening to not believe in anything my mind says.. I am totally capable of doing that, but... I have to try not to die for the sake of my daughter, and others around me. 

1 hour ago, DizIzMikey said:

@charlie2dogs It's pretty traumatic for me to not have any beliefs my mind goes so wild it feels like I'm going to die to the point where I need to distract my mind. 

Dropping the knowing and not knowing nonsense... now my mind has arrived to... I don't know

Ahh knowing and not knowing takes true knowing... I don't know what I know or don't know, so I can't say whether I know or don't know

i already knew that :)

The thing is.. when I'm not able to latch onto any thought... it literally feels like I'm going to die, so traumatically that I need to actually stop and distract my mind...

Let the thoughts rave on. Let them be as crazy they are. Then, the moment you're not able to latch onto any thought and you get into panic mode, ask yourself, "What dies?" 

After some contemplation, follow that question up with, "What am I so afraid of?" 

Maybe writing down some answers to that second question will give you a new perspective. Don't continue reading until you've done this.

I have to try not to die for the sake of my daughter, and others around me. 

Do you see how fear is running your life? You're trying to be a certain way for everyone else because 1. You want to maintain security (which is an illusion, by the way. Your body can cease functioning this very moment) and 2. You've mistaken yourself to be something that is transient, and so you're scrambling to keep that identity together. Use what I suggested above as a way to see that "you" as a thought are dying every moment. Can you see? "You" are dead this very moment. You're coming to this forum pleading "save me," but there is no one to save.

Now the real test is whether you'll have the guts to live out this realization so that suffering will be eliminated. This means running towards your fears and never having solid footing ever again. If you're unwilling, then it's best to stop visiting a forum centered around just that. 

"There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ---Anais Nin

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

7 minutes ago, jjer94 said:

Your body can cease functioning this very moment

Hehehe This reminds me of a conversation I recently had with a woman that has breast cancer and was telling me that she had 1 year more to live. Can you imagine her stupor when I told her that I'm not at all sure I have that much ? :D 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com