rNOW

Question on meditation

4 posts in this topic

I am fairly new to meditation. I do not follow any music or guidance for meditation, I just sit with my eyes closed and remind myself to focus on the blankness in front of my eyes. Sometimes thoughts come by, mostly it keeps me focused. Around 15-20 minutes into the meditation, there is a sort of a click or a shift and I see some sort of circles forming in between the area of my eyes. They are either zooming in or zooming out. They sometimes have images in them, but mostly they are just fuzzy shapes. This state is like a trance, though I think it doesn't last very long. 

My question is - is this something related to meditation or am I dozing off mid meditation? And what are those fuzzy circles and shapes. They are rather fast though, I find it hard to keep up with them if they have any images in them. 

I cannot answer your question but there's also circles in my meditation sometimes. Although they are slow and never with images. Maybe that's just a blood vessel in the eye? The mind is free to interpret it however it wants and add images to them. Just a guess though

@rNOW

52 minutes ago, rNOW said:

what are those fuzzy circles and shapes.

they are something which are like bait for the fish

and you're the fish

so those fuzzy circles, shapes and who knows what else may show up later - it's all normal and expected. just don't be drawn into it. if it steals your attention, you lose. watch it and as you watch, also wave it bye-bye :)

many things will arise and try to take your attention away from yourself... from meditation. simply watch and allow it to pass. don't ask WHY or WHAT or HOW of such phenomena... it will pass.

don't bite the bait grasshoppa! :)

Edited by SoonHei

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@rNOW you are doing good with meditation.

Just relax and don't put your attention on any "strange things".

"Whatever happens in meditation stays in meditation" :D 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x