Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ali T

Real enlightenment seems so scary

5 posts in this topic

i have been thinking that i want to get enlightenment since five years ago, but yesterday i asked myself "do i really want to get enlightenment?", while contemplating this question i discovered that i actually wanted the results of enlightenment, not really breaking-through my self. So after i imagined my self getting really enlightened regardless the results... it scared me so much that i couldn't sleep well. 

is this a sign that im not ready yet to break through my self?

@Ali T Why are you scared?

But, of course you will be scared. Enlightenment kills the ego, and the ego's best defense mechanism is fear.

I think everyone's pursuit of enlightenment starts with ego, so that's ok. You gotta start where you're at.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

48 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

In order to ‘get enlightened’ you need to have an unquenchable thirst for Truth. If you don’t have that you’re shit out of luck. The universal requirement is that you have to sacrifice yourself for Truth. 

Of course this can develop gradually. But when you’re really in love with Truth, you’ll know it. Through and through, balls to bones.

What we want the most is Truth

What we fear the most is Truth

Yes, it is this that will get you through when all the mind logic responses will be "dude, stop doing this, where are you going? Can´t you see this is dangerous...etc?".

This "inner passion" for something intrinsically real, that it has to be fundamentally right, good, perfect, I think is what we have to hold on to when possible fear arises. 

1 hour ago, Meta-Man said:

What we want the most is Truth

What we fear the most is Truth

Beautiful

@Ali T Follow your bliss. Do the practices that resonate. There is no need to rush.

1 hour ago, Ali T said:

So after i imagined my self getting really enlightened regardless the results... it scared me so much that i couldn't sleep well. 

is this a sign that im not ready yet to break through my self?

The result of awakening is the absence of fear and the presence of Love. Only ego fears.