Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TrustTheProcess

Lifestyle for Maximum Cognitive Function

4 posts in this topic

Hey y'all, 

This is going to be a really intense summer for me. 

I want to know if there's any specific tips that you all have for clearing brain fog and having lasting energy and clarity. 

I have not worked out in a really long time and my diet is not really the best at the moment. Here is what I am thinking though, I'd love to hear your thoughts:

• Exercising-- not sure what to do... I used to be a gym bro, but now I pretty much only want to exercise for energy and mental clarity benefits. which workouts do you suggest for this purpose?
  • Diet-- I want to start to eat at least 24 ounces of power greens per day, pasture raised eggs, and blueberry smoothies in the morning. 
  • 8 hours of sleep
  • nootropics- so I just did some research-- I ordered lion's mane, Rhodiola Rosea, L-Theanine, and Bacopa Monniera. 

check out Sattvic diet

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Keeping your blood sugar in check is in my opinion one of the most important aspects of cognitive function throughout the day. That means avoiding foods that are mostly based on simple carbohydrates (white rice, white potatoes and all sweets and sugars) and replacing them with wholegrain alternatives. This prevents insulin rollercoaster. Also having 3 regular meals instead of binging10 times a day will help as well. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Hey, I think the best resource on this is Ben Greenfield. His whole life is about optimizing health and cognition.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)