PenguinPablo

Yellow careers involving psychology, sales, or marketing?

5 posts in this topic

I really like sales but am turned off by the sharkish sociopathic qualities in lower consciousness work environments. 

Have you ever tried to sell your own products? A lot of ways you can provide higher consciousness products and services. You will be hard pressed to find many businesses at that stage mixed with typical sales like positions. But Marketing would be easier to find as charities need there share of marketing and so forth. But even those are filled with many that are not up to par with likely that degree of forward thinking. 

Psychology would really just depend on how much in control you are in of your own practices. But I would take a stab at it and say that is quite unlikely. You would like be put in a position to peddle or promote drugs that don't promote much good. 

If you you took any of those and made it into your own practice or gig you would fare much better. You could also skip out on the work environment. I would bet you the rewards internally and externally would be much great too. However, I understand if that is not a route you want to take, but something worth considering if you really do value stage yellow concepts highly. 

I have sold a lot of stuff and I sell stuff for a living right now. You can do things and make choices that impact others greatly and you can benefit many. Not that I think what I do is considered yellow. But my actions within it are filled with much more conscious choices such as favoring recycling heavily in shipping practices and interactions. You could consider something in sales that is not as much in a work environment and more by the gig such as a realtor. Now I think you should still push towards where you are growing to, or have grown to but you have to decide what is best. 

@Average Investor Yep. That is exactly what I was thinking man. But I guess I was looking for inspiration. I guess I already knew I had to make my own thing from scratch. School has been a rollercoaster so far and am certainly not keen on going back (though I finally graduated)

Thanks. Youre a quality poster on this forum

There are Yellow companies out there, but they wouldn't just give a gig to a new salesman I imagine. 

Yeah, best bet is simply finding a company you believe in, is doing good for the world, and trying to get a marketing or sales job there, or starting your own online business, and doing it that way. 

Don't set the standard as you have to save humanity with what you are selling at first at least, or you'll create resistance in yourself. Things that truly benefit people's lives are a great start, for example even selling 'novel' things like a Pull-Up bar, done in the right way could be 'Yellow.' 

I wouldn't recommend getting into industries that actively get people hooked on shit, like fast food/ gambling, but in 2020 you can literally sell anything. Just sell something that benefits people, that could also be entertainment!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@PenguinPablo Yeah, I know how that is. It would be worth it to take some time to experiment with different fields. I found that really helpful for the year of college that I did. It is well worth exploring the options. If you are in a position with a bit more safety and can try to start a business that would be well worth it too. Even if just for the experience. 

I appreciate it. I am glad to help.