Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Heaven

I have neurotic behaviors

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone☺️ I’m struggling with many neurotic behaviors..My ego is perfectionist, obsessed, rigid and things must to work out according to my goals.

When I observe my body I feel some kind of tightness, my mind judges, have negative attitude in many scenarios and some obsessive thoughts.

I do the work and I’m doing better. I meditate, and do yoga daily, listen to lectures and had around 5 psychedelics trips.

Sometimes it even disappears but come back. I believe that it’s conditioned in my brain and time will heal it but like always we can do better..

Any suggestions how I can get rid of this behaviors?

Thanks again Leo for helping me understand my ego?❤️

Edited by Heaven

Self-Love and Body Awareness

Also look into self-acceptance. After all its about learning that you are ok the way you are. You dont need validation from others. And you dont have to prove anything to anyone. This is the work we all do here.

Feel how it is when you are not in control. Imagine a situation going completely against how you wanted it to be. Then simply welcome how this feels for you. Accept the feeling. Ask yourself if you want to let go of that feeling. Then when you can, let it go.

Make it a habit to let go of things.

Control is the name of the mechanism that is at work here. I'll try to describe it. 
"Things should to be this way", "People should be like this", "I shoud be like this" 
If they are not the way you think they should, you get frustrated, stressed, angry, upset, violent, impotent, and so on.

Notice how your control mechanism behaves, notice the thoughts and feelings arising and wanting to explode, notice your body building tension. Notice your whole body-emotions-mind system starting to stress out and go crazy, when you notice it happening go relax your body and your mind, let go of everything.

The oppposite of control is Allow. 
Allow things to be another way, allow people be what they are, alow yourself to be what you "shuldnt". Drop that grammar nazism.
Allow yourself to not know, allow yourself to be unable to do things, allow yourself to fail, even allow yourself to control, because trying to control your own control mechanism won't work. Allow yourself to relax. Let yourself rest a lot. Work on learning how to manage your frustration.

Check Leo's "Next level of meditation", also an app called Prana Breath helps a lot. 

Most importantly, learn to love yourself as imperfect as you are :)
Takes a lot of practice, but your control mechanism will want a magic pill solution
Love ♡

Edited by Oliver Saavedra

Connect to Create ☼♡

Try mind cleaning. Empty the mind. Always have a positive view of everything. 

The obsessive thoughts are because you have negative attitude. So you are always thinking about it. 

You're into the habit of overthinking and anxious thinking. 

Remove the overthinking and over analyzing. 

Simply meditate and practice letting go 

Empty your mind completely. 

Also you could be having a control issue. Where you want everything your way or no way and this leads you to judge and makes you neurotic and restless.. Lowkey ocd 

Just let go and let things be as they are with minimum control 

Learn Balance. You can't control everything in this world. Also the more you control, the stronger is your karmic hold or attachment, this will make you neurotic. 

Observe your monkey mind and make it snap and put it in awareness mode. Don't let the mind act like a petulant child who wants everything. 

You will need to work on your stubborn child ego

Also it's not okay for everything to be your way. It will be harmful for others. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.