The Don

The best lecture on ADHD. You should take it seriously!

22 posts in this topic

@Austin Actualizing

Before the trip:

I always felt that I couldn't hear or see everything that was present in my awareness. I would look to an object and it would feel like there was a fog between my brain and my eyes perception. It felt like when I looked at a mountain I could only process a fraction of it. My peripheral vision almost never worked well. When I smoked marijuana, I noticed that I could hear the distant sounds of cars, birds, etc. When sober this never happened. When studying, I felt like I would read a sentence word by word and when I read the next word the previous words would be deleted from my memory. This was the extreme case though. It wasn't always like that but on the most part felt intellectually disabled. Also, I had an overbearing monkey mind for the most part.

After the trip:

Now, I can see clearly when looking at an object or landscape. I can read and make sense of what's written effortlessly. It seems like my meditation gains have been put into everyday life. Meditation seemed to work only for 10 minutes and I would go back to cloudy awareness. Now, if I meditate first thing in the day the effects are significant till evening.

Modafinil, Ritalin and l-theanine all have different effects now. Modafinil used to increase my consciousness and a little bit of focus, now it seems to decrease it. It also makes me very angry. Ritalin doesn't seem to have a great effect. When I used to take it it would change my whole perception of the world and increase focus by a ton. Now it's just a subtle increase in focus.

L-theanine is the coolest overall. When I take it now I feel like I have meditated. I can feel the wind blowing in my whole body and my mindfulness increases a lot. Before it would only give me brain fog. I didn't try to study on it though.

My productivity has decreased overall, funnily enough. I'm adapting to my new consciousness. Or maybe just bullshiting myself.

Edited by Espaim