Mike Book

Self-actualizing in a tanked economy

9 posts in this topic

I know Leo has mentioned multiple times that growing your business or career doesn't have to rely on a booming economy. Which I agree with. But when a deep recession actually hits (thanks 2020) you gotta wonder just how much you can do. I've got a few interesting business ideas I want to test out on a small scale. I would certainly be better off if I had started this earlier but here we are.

I'm extremely new to this work, probably what you would call a Total Noob. 3 months ago I was playing Modern Warfare 10 hours a day and shooting cocaine up my ass. Now I'm strategizing for the future and finally becoming friends with my family again. I don't have any infrastructure in my life to rapidly change course when it comes to business and career. Thanks to Coronavirus, my goals have to evolve.

Any input you guys have about dealing with economic uncertainty would be much appreciated. Maybe I would be a good candidate for helping people get onboard with being contact-traced or helping educate possible infected people where to seek treatment. Let me know how you have shifted priorities when faced with disaster.

I started my first biz in the middle of the 2008 stock market crash.

While people were whining about a bad economy, I was earning 6 figures.

There are always opportunities, and biz is about ferreting them out.

Economy should start to bounce back in a year or two.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I dont understand the issue. Do you need some kind of motivation?

You take action now, the result might could have been 20-50% better if corona didnt happen. Still you are making progress. Its all in your head. You are the one who is responsible. Start building your infrastructure.

If you are concerned that because working on your business you will loose time on modern warfare. You might want to rethink what you really want.

No judgement, you can play all day. But then play and enjoy and dont think about starting a business.

Ok I’m not ready to start a business then

What I really wanted to say is that I think this will be the end of America being the #1 world power. I don’t see the economy being back to normal ever again.

57 minutes ago, Mike Book said:

I think this will be the end of America being the #1 world power. I don’t see the economy being back to normal ever again.

All economies globally will be negatively impacted. Yet the U.S. will be one of the harder hit due to a poor response. 

1 hour ago, Mike Book said:

Ok I’m not ready to start a business then

What I really wanted to say is that I think this will be the end of America being the #1 world power. I don’t see the economy being back to normal ever again.

Bro, I'm sorry to say it, but you was spending 10hour a day playing videogames, probably for a long time, what do you know about how economy works or how business works?

Cmon guys, give him some slack. He probably knows that he needs to learn and that his business knowledge is a blank sheet, and the first thing he needs is at least some direction from the forum.

Some really business-y SD orange books are The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted by MJ deMarco. I have also read The ONE Thing by Gary Keller. In case you need help with mastering a subject, go for Mastery by George Leonard. 

Test and learn. ?

Edited by SirVladimir

13 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

Cmon guys, give him some slack. He probably knows that he needs to learn and that his business knowledge is a blank sheet, and the first thing he needs is at least some direction from the forum.

Some really business-y SD orange books are The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted by MJ deMarco. I have also read The ONE Thing by Gary Keller. In case you need help with mastering a subject, go for Mastery by George Leonard. 

Test and learn. ?

Sam Ovens  is a really good source of stage yellow business information as well as Eben Pagan if you can find\afford his courses. Both approach business and life in a very system's theory manner

50 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Sam Ovens  is a really good source of stage yellow business information as well as Eben Pagan if you can find\afford his courses. Both approach business and life in a very system's theory manner

I agree. Those are even better, more advanced sources than I had given.