Anton Rogachevski

The Buddha Meditation

10 posts in this topic

Hey all, long time no see, I've missed you all a lot :D

Let me tell you about a technique I've recently developed, I want to give credit to Leo and and Alan Watts that inspired me a lot over the years.

So I call it the Buddha meditation and I practice it like that:

First realize that meditation is not something you DO, it's a state of simple being as described in many techniques. My method isn't any different, I would say it's more of a pre-contemplation that reminds you to be open and relieves the expectations.

The second step is a little contemplation that goes like that:

"Could it possibly be that I'm already a buddha?"

"If I were a buddha would I try to get any where? Would I try to realize something or to gain more knowledge? I guess not. I would simply sit here because that's simply how a buddha sits and enjoy observing all that is in my awareness. Enjoying my bliss"

Now try to connect with your experience and from time to time you may guide yourself back to this image of simply being a sitting buddha and just be.

So basically once grounded you just sit.

I hope you will enjoy it like I did and stay on your path.

Good luck B|

@Anton Rogachevski That's cool! Connecting with Buddha nature. Sounds like a great path your on. Have you seen this.....

3 hours ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

Now try to connect with your experience and from time to time you may guide yourself back to this image of simply being a sitting buddha and just be.

Hey @Anton, this is actually a very good meditation. I wouldn't even call it a meditation, but more a theme one can apply to. I do this a lot while meditating, throughout the day and especially when my mind goes bunkers.

I also was inspired by Alan Watts and by Moiji to just embrace my own buddha nature and so to directly come in contact with it. And it works pretty good I have to say. When you start with this you probably still want to find the thing to connect to, to hold on to. But as you go further you'll come to a place at which you just remain, you stop going anywhere, you stop not going anywhere but just remain as the spontaneous you that manifests every few moments and then goes again. You completely merge with whatever your awareness does. By that you come in perfect harmony with what is and you'll find what you searches for.

I find it very helpful - especially when I started with this and didn't really know where to go - to do something like this: I feel out what is it in my direct experience that gives me the notion that I exist. I try to make out the knowing of this very moment, of my real existence. For me that's mostly a feeling in my stomach, a feeling deep inside my head and a kind of underlying screen in my vision. But it can be anything that is the thing for you. Then I merge with that, meaning that when I breathe in and out I breathe into that notion or knowing and so deepen its experience. Be careful not do overdo, just slightly deepen this knowing that is always there that you exist, that makes out your reality.

As you do that, the following thing will begin to happen: The symptoms that I described (the feeling in my stomach, in my head, the screen of the vision) will blur out and you'll get a sense of something brighter and bigger, something underlying everything that is, but also being everything that is at the same time. You can't really hold your finger on it, but you kind of intuitively know it is there. If this comes up, trust in this intuition and deepen it by breathing into it and by completely letting go. If you find yourself trying to grab it (what you will try in the beginning) do that to see that you can't. In the end you just completely let go and let it absorb you. It's beautiful.

Also, when I do this I get carried away from my thoughts like every few seconds and I sometime find myself in a compulsive thought stream for some time. When that happens, it's totally fine. Don't try to stop it, don't even look out for it. When your awareness brings up merging with your buddha nature again, do that. When your awareness wants to follow along in a new compulsive thought stream, do that. After some time you'll find your buddha nature not only when you deepen it, but in everything you do and as everything you do.

You are on a very good track with this, I find this to be one of my favourite and most intimate meditations. I've cried several times while doing this, because I felt so much joy and love. It's overwhelming. 

Cheers

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

@cetus56

I've enjoyed the video very much and I literally felt shivers when he told about the tale with the father and the child. It's amazing to witness such calmness and spontaneity. He really goes deep into explaining and showing us the many traps of attachment.

By the way did you try the meditation? ;)

@Arik

I'm always so pleased to receive your posts. And I like very much the way you describe your method. I've tried it and i'll keep trying to try and connect more with it. Never heard of Moiji, would you recommend your favorite talk?

By the way how long have you been practicing meditation overall?

@Anton Rogachevski Glad to hear you connected with it. I had a deep stillness after watching it the first time. The match and the flame part got me. I didn't try that exact practice yet but I do something similar. Often I just sit in nature and make like a Buddha. I vanish into the surroundings. The Tao Te Ching is powerful also.  #20  "I am like an idiot my mind is so empty". That one seems to come natural for me!xD

18 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Anton Rogachevski   "I am like an idiot my mind is so empty". That one seems to come natural for me!xD

You said it.

Not me.

23 hours ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

Never heard of Moiji, would you recommend your favorite talk?

By the way how long have you been practicing meditation overall?

He got a few in which he talks about the "I am" practice. This in combination with what Rupert Spira talks about brought to this way of approaching enlightenment. And I like it very much. Also, I'm a huge Alan Watts addict and he probably also inspired me not to seek it but to embody it.

I meditate for about 15 months now I guess. B|

@Arik @cetus56

Hey guys help me with this additional list:

What a buddha wouldn't try to do:

1. Achieve any kind of alternative state of consciousness.

2. Get any more answers to questions

3.Try not to manipulate or calm himself

3. Seek the truth

4. Try to become enlightened

5. Try to stop thinking

6. Getting rid of self

7. Try to become one with everything

8. Try to blissful

9. Try to stop suffering

10. Try to find new goals to pursue

11. Try to throw concepts

12. Realize some hidden facts

@Anton Rogachevski, it's easier I guess to have one intention / direction in your mind: To experience your buddha nature now. If you have this, this will blur out after a few minutes and you just be. Don't run away from the things you don't want. Run to the things you want. (And see that the one running can't go there, but is there whatever he does or wherever the wants to go.) Because, while doing meditation or being on the journey you'll come to any of the points you mentioned, if you want or not. Meditation brings you to the point, where you acknowledge that, be that and let it go when it goes.

So I wanna add one point to it:

14. Trying to change this moment.