Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Berto97

23 year old seeking help on Integrating Life Purpose

3 posts in this topic

Dear Self Actualizers. 

Since my last year of high school in 2015, I very got serious about my career and income. I decided to enter the world of eCommerce in 2016 and at one point supported my self with that business. I discovered my purpose in July 2017 but for some reason, I can not connect with it anymore. 

The reason is that I got stuck in my comfort zone and then growing up in life with all the hardships I have faced including jobs, the interest in starting relationships with people, buying a house, living on my own trying to survive typically what happens when you become an adult had unconscious moulding of who I am now. 

I have become an incredible person through this process of living my values, knowing what my strengths are and learning about my personality with it constantly changing. 

I have had trouble starting a new business and I love business my life purpose statement is actually about creating a conscious business that is efficient and limits how much resources it consumes and helping people who do business with us internal and external customers live a more prosperous life. It has been modified because it is a complex thing I am trying peel away at. I can explain my intentions with it but embodying it is what I have trouble doing.

Another point on how far off I am from it is I prioritize learning about a variety of topics, to an extent, I am a jack of all trades. And also I have been trying to understand myself what kind of leader I am and have been learning non-stop for years and not taking initiative. It has been as if I consume information as hoarding. I am really lost as to how I have such a wide knowledge base but can not become creative enough to understand the real root of who I am trying to become with my career and life purpose. 

I would appreciate any feedback. And learn your perspective or approach.  

Alberto 

Edited by Berto97

You are going to have to narrow things down and commit to something eventually. You might not be ready to do that and that is okay. Once you reach a state where you are ready to master something, then it will be much easier for you to prioritize it. I have went through a period where I tried out a lot of different businesses and career options and I found it really helpful. It is nice to learn what you don't want to do and it really narrows things down. 

Getting stuck into a job or something out of survival is what happens to most. You are going to have to be more proactive and work towards getting out of that unless you want to be stuck there. You can possibly consider downsizing too as having something like a house payment at your age is going to make it incredibly hard to fund a business and take any pressure off from a job. Or possibly getting roommates etc.  

What I read about what you've written is that you know the WHY (the values, the purpose, the intention) but might be missing the HOW (the actual plan) to which I'd ask:

Are you aware of your specific skills?, of the thing you most most love doing? 
Are there any pieces of your puzzle you still need to understand?, What do you need to understand?
Is there anything you'd want to do but you haven't tried?, is there something you'd like to learn? 
Do you REALLY know how things work or are you just assuming?, be honest with yourself and if you don't know something its time to go research.

Also, I empathize with that age and everything that comes growing up, I'm 25 and these last two years I have been moving things around in my life structure as a prototype to what I'd like my life to be. Allow yourself to try different things and piece by piece you'll understand WHAT lifestyle you'd like to build. 

Connect to Create ☼♡