triadne

How do we deal with NPC's / non-thinkers?

8 posts in this topic

Came to some realisation this morning. some people simply aren't capable of recognising that other people have motivation and reasons for the things they do. It's almost like they look at other people in the same way as I look at a video game character. It's quite startling, because I would have been like this at some point. but now the complexity and consideration I give to the reasons behind things in the universe, it comes naturally to me and I just didn't realise that other people cannot do this.
For me to try and explain another person's actions to someone who thinks this way, is seen by them as me taking their side. they can't see that there are two sides to a coin. they are not able to consider that an issue has more facets than how they see it. 

is this why some people are called NPC's these days? because it makes a lot of sense.
These people simply don't have the thought processes to recognise that another person has complex thought processes and motivations and backstory.

This is a new challenge for me, I've made a discovery and it is kind of exciting. how do I learn more about this? I was honestly under the impression that all people had the capacity to empathise and understand different viewpoints.
How do we deal with these kinds of people, how do respect them and their viewpoint, how do we view them with high regard?

edit: removed a line that I realise could be taken as derogatory. not always best at putting my thoughts into words...

Edited by triadne

You can have respect for their view-point. However, there is no need to see them in high regard! They are very ordinary and manipulate-able. You can do what you want to do and justify what you do using the narrative they're programmed with! They will get very ideological and support what you do because of your justification, which they will agree with. ;)

For example, you have someone who is obsessed with productivity and who thinks productivity is king, i.e. they're an NPC in that regard. They see you contemplating some metaphysical concepts and they try making fun of you. You can show them a practical application of what you're contemplating, like say in marketing or in sales or relationships. Then they'll think you're a genius!

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

This heading is hilarious! hahahahahahaha

Is this what its like for you at home:

"Son why you so down?"

"Oh, nothing mum. I'm trying to figure out how to deal with NPCs"

"NPCs? You mean that minecraft game you play with you friends?"

"No mum, I mean people, they are all NPCs, like the ones in minecraft"

"ummmmm ok...."

"I came to the realization this morning. Some people just don't think. Some people are just NPCs"

"Oh son, everything will be alright. Did you take datura again?"

sorry about the animals comment, I did not mean it as derogatory.  I understand it would come across that way, I am so bad at describing my thoughts sometimes.

I love what you wrote there by the way.
so many lovely layers of concepts.  It's a delight to explore what you said.

There is one thing you don't do with NPCs and that is to argue with them. Whatever the fuck you do, NEVER argue with an NPC or you will incur their wrath! They will not budge from their ideology. They cling to their ideology for a sense of reality and they will fight tooth and nail to prove themselves right. Being right to keep their sense of reality intact will be their number one priority.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

It's because they're ignorant, predictable ideology defenders.

Self-aware NPC here: The problem is not wanting to take responsibility for what you think on ego invested topics.

Its useless to argue with someone who dont want to take responsibility for what they think. They outsource their facts just so they would never be wrong, the sources would be wrong. Nothing wrong with wanting to source your arguments, the problem comes when your source is Alex Jones.

thing is, if this npc or potential npc is my best friend, I don't want to simply stop interacting with him. he is on my level in so many ways and we usually have a lot of fun together.