Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rasheed

Problem I found with What Most LoA Teachers Say

7 posts in this topic

Most LoA teachers often say: "Don't think negative thoughts and don't feel bad emotions."

That's not a good advice, in my opinion. If we tell this to a person, he will become slave to his thoughts and emotions. Like this:

"(Negative thought or feeling) Oh, I am thinking negatively. I should not be thinking that. Oh shit. That's bad. Oh shit. Another negative thought....)  This created a loop of negativity and resistance, which will be the reason, why those negative thoughts will manifest. 

Instead, solution is counter-intuitive: To feel negative emotions, fully and to observe, negative thoughts, without reacting to it. This will disolve negativity. This way, it will not manifest. 

I wanted to write this, because it's so common, that people in LoA videos, say this. This is very important to know, so when you watch those videos, you don't fall into this trap. 

Hope, this was helpful.

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

That's not what loa teachers say.

"" Oh, I am thinking negatively. I should not be thinking that. Oh shit. That's bad. Oh shit. Another negative ""  

This is raw guilt.

Guilt is negative, is not advised. Ever. 

They reach to be in touch, tuned in with emotions and observe and then choose how you want to feel and then choose the thoughts you want to thi k about and don't give your attention to other. That's it

Always find things to appreciate.

But if you feel negative emotions you're going to program yourself to be going to the same direction. So they suggest to try to shift your focus. By giving attention and then letting go as soon as you notice is not something you want. Pure choice. 

Loa is my best teaching ever. Always works. Absolutely love it. ❤️

Probably the basis of the teaching is to be in touch with feelings and feel your intuition more and all that but in practice, id say most people see it as a blocking of negative emotions. Whenever someone has brought it up to me thats how theyve explained it. So i think if youre coming into it not having seen any spiritual teachings before youre likely to take it this way, esp with things like the secret

@Rasheed
What most LOA teachers get wrong is the importance and amount of shadow work needed for their methods to work in the first place.

1 hour ago, LaucherJunge said:

@Rasheed
What most LOA teachers get wrong is the importance and amount of shadow work needed for their methods to work in the first place.

Yes, I would like to utilize my cynical thoughts and emotions as a means of growth. I'll think it in a pessimistic way in order to seek reliable answers and conclusions to make..

I used to feel many negative thoughts from time to time. Like, my mind will iterate most cynical and self-blaming thoughts like I'm worthless, incompetent, not have adequate skills and understanding to make it right..

no matter how hard I work or how many results I produce, my mind will always think of lack, makes me guilt, and petrified for things I missed. Especially, the fear of going back to the rut or going backward is the most terrifying thing that my mind will ever do to me!..

Also, I always used to evaluate my standards with someone else who's way more ahead of me.. I hate that..

Did you feel like you're less qualified for work you do?. How would you manage such self hate thoughts?. What is the way not to compare ourselves with one who's early to the game?

20 hours ago, Rasheed said:

"(Negative thought or feeling) Oh, I am thinking negatively. I should not be thinking that. Oh shit. That's bad. Oh shit. Another negative thought....)  This created a loop of negativity and resistance, which will be the reason, why those negative thoughts will manifest.

Speaking of paradoxes, did you ever possessed by the thoughts/questions like 'What should I do to stop thinking?', 'What you suggest to minimize one's thinking'.. I often get to these traps of 'recursion and self-referential' problems quite often.. Interestingly, if I somehow managed to keep my mind relaxed my mind loves to play this daunting trick on me!..

This is how that conversation with me and my mind goes!..

Me: Oh god I'm so happy that I finally stopped my monkey mind and feeling peaceful!..

My Mind: Are you really feeling peaceful, honey?

Me: Yes of course..

My Mind: Did you know, most expertise says that we can't stop thinking, so how come are you not having thoughts. You should have thoughts..

And Finally ME!: Oh, yes! you are right... you got me, now my peacefulness was completely shattered!.. THANK YOU MY MIND!!..

This sort of pattern or thought process will have occurred while thinking of much other stuff as well. Like, when thinking about nonduality, practicing meditation, during stressful or traumatic episodes...

2 hours ago, innerchild said:

Did you feel like you're less qualified for work you do?. How would you manage such self hate thoughts?. What is the way not to compare ourselves with one who's early to the game?

I don't really see what qualified would even mean in this field. Either you have experience with such things or you don't, if not then you can collect it. Everybody will have his blind spots.
Comparisons are futile in the first place, at least for reasons of self worth, pride or what ever. Everyone has his individual circumstances, the important thing is to do the best you can out of the cards you are given. Feeling "better" then others because you have something they don't is a very limited pleasure, so as you see it's absolutely pointless in the first place, not matter if you do this in a positive self empowering way or self hating way.
Self-Love shouldn't be about standing above or being better then others, but about seeing the beauty in yourself and everyone else equally.
So the way not to compare is to really understand on many levels and maybe even experientially that it's pointless.