spicy_pickles

Calming The Mind.

7 posts in this topic

I'm struggling with a situation where I cannot seem to calm my mind. Cause and effect. Past events have led me to believe that a certain outcome will occur. 

I try to meditate but it seems my mind keeps reverting back to the same thought. What if what if what if. 

What can I do?

Remember that the past is fiction. It does not exist anymore, so what happens in the future could be that outcome just like it could very well be another outcome.  

And when you meditate, focus on your breath. If the thought comes,  OK.  Then back on the breath. The thought comes again, fine....now back on the breath and so forth...

I tried meditating. I was in the shower, sitting. Difficult at first. I was able to meditate for one minute.....

But for that one minute I was able to fully clear my mind and focus on how the water sounded and felt. Really good one minute. Wish I could have done it longer!

Mind too egotistical. Think it have power to predict fucture, no one can do, mind wrong. Thoughts not true, so not important. Silly thoughts exist... OK... exist, but not important. If Mind know thought not important thought can come and go without robbing person of tranquility. You practice this you see, past experiences not give you ability to predict fucture... this very egotistical, silly RIGHT let go of false belief, get back to calm experience more often. More you learn more you have options for fucture 

On 7/7/2016 at 10:42 AM, spicy_pickles said:

I'm struggling with a situation where I cannot seem to calm my mind. Cause and effect. Past events have led me to believe that a certain outcome will occur. 

I try to meditate but it seems my mind keeps reverting back to the same thought. What if what if what if. 

What can I do?

first understand that calming the mind doesnt work because of all the nonsense rooted in your consciousness, so what is the solution , you have to focus on something that will take you away from all those thoughts, and something that will bring peace,  liberation from the nonsense that has rooted in your consciousness will be the hardest, easiest thing you have ever done, it will be the hardest because you will search the world over and listen to many wannebe gurus that have the solution, you will work at personal growth, many different teachers, most travel many paths, and journeys that take lifetimes until you figure out that none of it works to liberate you.  and if you are lucky one day you may experience liberation and then you will realize how simple it could have been, because you was looking in the wrong place for it.

If we don't have a defined goal in our lives life can become repetitive without deviation plain boring and unhealthy.  Big goals are more effective at steering our lives then small ones that are met quickly. Many big goals take years of working on. The important thing is for you to have a goal that excites you enough to take action in order to accomplish it. Write your goal on paper with steps needed and start at what ever you feel is step 1