assx95

Is there value in taking notes or is it ideological?

4 posts in this topic

I don't have the time nor the ability to test every teaching/theory empirically. I have to at some point, take it as a belief. Take non-duality for example. Having seen duality all my life, enlightenment is a belief. So, when I begin to seek enlightenment, I am essentially, seeking something which I have believed to be true, There seems to be an ideological stance there is such a thing called enlightenment and there are enlightened masters although I haven't seen or met any. It seems quite useless to be taking notes on Non-duality then, cause I am most likely to take it on as a belief system. 

What is the relationship between openmindedness and believing in something? Am I open-minded if I believe something to be true? It appears that openmindedness requires doubt, and that doubt has to be resolved, by an experience or reason or intuition or whatever, to a degree where it isn't a doubt, what does it become then? A belief ? 

My question is : How could I take notes and take action and not be ideological about the teaching on the basis of which I am taking action? 

It's just a tool bro, almost the same as thinking and the language

Imo, there is a shit ton of value and there are, of course, some possibilities of self-deception

@assx95 Listen to your Heart. Do what feels right. 

2 hours ago, assx95 said:

What is the relationship between openmindedness and believing in something? Am I open-minded if I believe something to be true? It appears that openmindedness requires doubt, and that doubt has to be resolved, by an experience or reason or intuition or whatever, to a degree where it isn't a doubt, what does it become then? A belief ?

Very nicely written. You seem to ask, is there a final truth, or an end to questioning. And that is up to you, isn't it?

If one finds a question to be verified by reality, yes it can become a belief or truth, but putting limitations on that is a choice. 

Its like walking a path and getting to a wall. For some that wall is the end. For others, its the start of a new path. Perspective is funny like that. 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

1 hour ago, Chakra Lion said:

Very nicely written. You seem to ask, is there a final truth, or an end to questioning. And that is up to you, isn't it?

If one finds a question to be verified by reality, yes it can become a belief or truth, but putting limitations on that is a choice. 

Its like walking a path and getting to a wall. For some that wall is the end. For others, its the start of a new path. Perspective is funny like that. 

You're very wise indeed.