Leon Bell

Self Acceptance Exercise Goes Right?

8 posts in this topic

After watching Leo's video on Self Acceptance and doing the exercise maybe for the third time I've had a breakthrough. Don't know if I can describe it correctly. But I actually felt real love for myself. Not just like a positive good feeling emotion. I mean the actual chemical high that you get from new relationship. I didn't even know that was possible. I read somewhere that you need to be touching another human or like a pet for oxytocin to release in your brain. Has anyone had similar experiences with this exercise?

Edited by Leon Bell

I also use EFT - david childerly Acceptance 30 days challenge and it works kinda amazing. I've been using lots of EFT lately, I find it really helpful

Another side effect of this experience is that I see my appearance accurately now. Before I would try to picture what I look like and it would look like a caricature. Now it's still blurry, but it actually looks closer to what I see in the mirror. And it has nothing to do with confidence, it has all to do with acceptance. I rather see what I actually look like, then a better or worse version in my mind.

On 7/18/2016 at 4:41 AM, Leon Bell said:

Another side effect of this experience is that I see my appearance accurately now. Before I would try to picture what I look like and it would look like a caricature. Now it's still blurry, but it actually looks closer to what I see in the mirror. And it has nothing to do with confidence, it has all to do with acceptance. I rather see what I actually look like, then a better or worse version in my mind.

can i ask just what is it that you are accepting about yourself?

I think I was demonizing things I didn't like about myself and over-blowing things that I did like. Specifically about my appearance. So my self image was inaccurate. Doing the self acceptance practice taught me how to look at both the good and the bad. So now I like the good a little less and the bad a little more. But overall it's a more truthful and honest perspective.