Florian

Waking up every night

10 posts in this topic

For around 2 weeks now I have the problem that if I go to bed to a normal time I wake up after 2-4 hours of sleep and cant get back to sleep at all. Normal time means I fall asleep around 12 am and would normally sleep 8 hours and have a timer at 8 am.

Some backgroundinformation: -Before those 2 weeks my sleep rythm was very fucked up. I slept all day and was awake at night basically which means specifically going to bed somewhere around 6 am-8 am and getting up 4 pm-6 pm. 

-The day it started I planned to change my whole life basically because I just finished Leos life purpose course actually and I said to myself I will see my "old life" as dead from now on and the time that I have left is like a bonus and I will use it completely do what I want and have an adventure or whatever.

-I noticed that I had nightmares ahead of the first times I woke up and I wrote down what I could remember after it happened a couple of times cause I thought that it might show me the reason why this is happening and if there are any dream experts here I could write what I dreamt because I feel like that actually means something.

-The first few days I just had very little sleep all the time, then I just surrendered and went back to my fucked up sleep schedule and started taking valerian which is supposed to help with sleep but takes a little while to have an effect. Now I took it one week and tried to fix my sleep again skiping a day of sleep to be able to fall asleep early in the evening and this shit happened again nothing changed.

I feel like subconsciously I just fear what I wanted to do and don't want to give up my old life which basically is full incel lifestyle. And now I traumatised that part of me or something to the point that I have no control over it. I would really appreciate some info that gets me out of this because I feel like this could become very harmful to me in the long run.

@fridjonk well a bit. A few weeks ago I tried to implement a new way to work out for myself cause I heard somewhere in this forum that actually an hour a day is not enough and you need to use your body constantly or something (I think it was called blue zones or something, didn't do research though) and then I thought I would just do some bodyweight exercises every 30mins and I did for a few weeks I think I stopped somewhere around the time this problem started. It actually felt really good though.

Working out is extremely important, most problems can stem from that reason only. I think one hour is well enough for the day unless you literally lie in bed all day. Also stretching and breathwork can be very important. 

Do you meditate before bed? I find when I meditate for 40-60 minutes before going to sleep, I sleep way better and I get more intense and vivid dreams. 

@Florian I have something similar. If I sleep too early, at about 8pm or less, my body will naturally wake up after only 6 hours of sleep. This leaves me feeling tired throughout the day, because I need more than 6 hours. However, if I sleep at about 9pm or later, my body will naturally get the amount of sleep it needs and then wake up. Very odd.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

I will try working out let's see. And no I don't meditate before but I will try that as well.

@fridjonk Agree 1 hour workouts are amazing but there are studies showing if we sit on our arses all day at our desks and then just do 1 hour of exercise it isn't as amazing for us as we think, hence we need to add in 'low level physical activity' to our days. 

Ben Greenfield talks a lot on this, it's as simple as every 25 mins do some squats, push ups, jumping jacks, get a kettlebell and do some swings, if you have an exercise bike do a couple minutes on there etc. 

When you're taking calls go on a walk instead of being stationary 

When you make coffee do jumping jacks

Things like that can emulate the Bluezones.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

8 hours ago, Florian said:

feel like subconsciously I just fear what I wanted to do and don't want to give up my old life which basically is full incel lifestyle. And now I traumatised that part of me or something to the point that I have no control over it. I would really appreciate some info that gets me out of this because I feel like this could become very harmful to me in the long run.

Maybe this is psychological as you said. When I finished the LP course 3.5 years ago, I had a 3 month period where I was constantly anxious because I knew what I should so but I didn't know where to start. Felt a bit trapped because for the first time I realised how much a wage slave I've become.....maybe you are in a similar position. Life Coaching could help you move forwards, it did for me. Also finding stress coping mechanisms as everybody already mentioned. 

Also, make sure to get direct daily light exposure as soon as you wake up. This sets your circadian rhythm and allows your hormonal secretion to adjust. Ensure you will get an exposure to sun around mid-day as well. Turn off any blue lights and bright lights 2 hours before bedtime this includes phones, tv and PC. For the last 60 minutes before bed, you can light a lamp with warm (bulb) light or a candle and just keep enough light to avoid bumping into a wall. 

If you can find a tea containing Levander, it may help. Valerian you mentioned may help as well but it depends on what form you take and if tincture, what ratio, some suppliers sell garbage tinctures with a ratio such as 20:1 which is pretty much just alcohol. Chamomile tea is pretty good too.  

Also careful with late-night eating, basically we should start reducing our food intake with the dying light. 

But all of this will go out of the window if you are perpetually in a state of hyperdrive and that needs to be addressed first. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Well, thank you, I'm on 2 hours of sleep again, but this gives me motivation to start working out lol

@LfcCharlie4 Yeah If you're sitting literally all day that would be smart. I personally do about 10 pull-ups every hour or two to keep the blood flowing.