Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
primzolo

Spiral dynamics and astrology

5 posts in this topic

All people interested in astrology cannot be put in a same consciousness category. Like in any other topic, there are different layers of consciousness here also.

But my proposal for this discussion does not relate with the introduction I had made, but rather, I'm interested in combination of the two models; to apply spiral dynamics to astrology houses logic. This topic is meant for people who to some degree know both spiral dynamics and basic technical aspect of astrology. Maybe there are some you like that here?

Astrology has three basic factors: houses, planets and signs. There are many other different factors, but for out purpose this will suffice. For simplicity let's focus only on astrology houses: There are 12 houses in astrology and each represents different areas of our lives. Below the houses will be briefly described with image I had attached.

We can see from the houses description that each house has certian representation. My questions here are:  Can the spriral dynamics model be applied here? Can we combine houses with spiral dynamics stages? Or again, are there just aspects of every spiral dynamic stage in each house?

12-houses-new.png

Edited by primzolo

cool!
I'm sure there are ways to find intersecting points in these models.

I've been thinking about how to syncretize spiral dynamics with the Enneagram that is part of Gurdjieff's teaching, but I haven't gotten very far. It's simple to draw quick conclusions based on superficial comparisons but hard to really make a useful combo that is stronger than its previous separate parts.

edit: I guess i could mention, I don't know too much about astrology but the enneagram is connected to that in certain ways.

Edited by Kazman

Forget there’s anything to forget and remember there’s nothing to remember

Astrology is one sign off. 

That being said, reading my chart has been shockingly accurate until I realized the existence of confirmation bias.

Example: I have a moon in Aquarius, It's true that I think outside the norm and create new ways of understanding things and bring that to the table, but this characteristic can be hinted at by other aspects of my chart, so if I happened to have a moon in Leo, other aspects of my chart would compensate for that assessment. Also, there is a lot of things about my chart I don't agree with but it's easy for me to say "Well I don't agree with them because I just don't know myself enough" or "This aspect of me is still in development" so there is always a way to dismiss that astrology is wrong/flawed and instead to just believe in it.

I myself think that there is more than just a genetic effect and early imprints of life that shape us, as Ruper Sheldrake Ph.D. talks about with morphic fields. 

I think the earth and other planets have an effect on how we are shaped, I just don't think it's very mappable and especially not in the form of astrology natal charts and readings. 

People take on astrology as a form of religion and for some folks, it is the very thing that keeps them on the edge of the cliff. So it can have psychological benefits of making one feel like they belong and it can make a person think they understand the world.

I'm not sure about how real astrology is, but I am openminded to the possibility of it being so.

I think that astrology is a very stage purple development. I don't know why and how you would go about combining an inaccurate system like astrology with Spiral Dynamics though it does seem like a fun idea and I would like to see it happen. 

Edited by UnconsciousHuman

Look inside your soul, maybe you'll find gold there and get rich.

Cool I was trying to break this down the past few days for a friend and I’s curiosity, here’s what I came up with 

astrology is basically allowing for dynamic evolving relate-ability

spiral dynamics is limited to the mental plane, which supports old style of learning we've all had to adapt to use, primarily. Spiral is a values model focused on fluctuations of objective experience for individuals and the collective, while astrology is subjective and interconnected

so when i say mental plane i mean viewing people as 3d physical humans instead of multidimensional beings. Spiral dynamics helps us recognize what and how people will behave but not necessarily why, when it comes to the tendencies/reactions

Astrology shows what makes someone unique. Knowledge is power, the laws of astrology map out the entirety of physical expression, we are bound by the realm/space we hold but not limited to our natural expression, it's just preferred  

On 28/04/2020 at 5:52 PM, Kazman said:

I've been thinking about how to syncretize spiral dynamics with the Enneagram that is part of Gurdjieff's teaching

That's interesting. Any success so far? I have started studying Enneagram recently and it seems to have a lot of potential to aid one's growth.