Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LennoxConner

Are there remedies for hyperhidrosis??

8 posts in this topic

I've yet to talk to a dermatologist, but before I spend an arm and a leg on treatment, what are ways to combat excessive sweating? I suspect I have hyperhidrosis, because even during these winter months, I could be walking around in a muscle shirt and still be dripping with sweat under my arms and on my feet. I want to avoid surgery, I've tried prescribed deodorant but that's about it. The issue frustrates me and makes me very self conscious, walking around with giant pit stains during all types of climate. Any tips would be appreciated. 

Do ya caffein up? I used to have an over-sweating issue when I went too hard on the energy drinks  

honestly sounds like something that could simply be reversed with some small adjustments to diet 

Edited by DrewNows

ever been checked for the hyperactive thyroid gland and/or Grave's disease? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 26/04/2020 at 10:49 AM, LennoxConner said:

I've yet to talk to a dermatologist, but before I spend an arm and a leg on treatment, what are ways to combat excessive sweating? I suspect I have hyperhidrosis, because even during these winter months, I could be walking around in a muscle shirt and still be dripping with sweat under my arms and on my feet. I want to avoid surgery, I've tried prescribed deodorant but that's about it. The issue frustrates me and makes me very self conscious, walking around with giant pit stains during all types of climate. Any tips would be appreciated. tweakbox appvalley https://vlc.onl/

Do ya caffein up? I used to have an over-sweating issue when I went too hard on the energy drinks  

honestly sounds like something that could simply be reversed with some small adjustments to diet 

What deodorant are you using?

Have you tried the one you put on overnight with Aluminium Chloride Hexahydrate?

You need to use it for a while in most cases before it starts to work, then you only need to apply it a few times a week if that..

Works for most people, they are pretty cheap so haven't got much to lose. 

On 06/05/2020 at 1:05 AM, Garuda said:

What deodorant are you using?

Have you tried the one you put on overnight with Aluminium Chloride Hexahydrate?

You need to use it for a while in most cases before it starts to work, then you only need to apply it a few times a week if that..

Works for most people, they are pretty cheap so haven't got much to lose. 

eh...wasn't aluminium use linked to breast cancer risk? I think it has never been confirmed but for some reason most of the tumours are in the area closes to the armpit. I assume OP is a guy but heavy metal application in regions with high lymphatic activity is unlikely to be the right solution. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 08/05/2020 at 2:44 PM, Michael569 said:

eh...wasn't aluminium use linked to breast cancer risk? I think it has never been confirmed but for some reason most of the tumours are in the area closes to the armpit. I assume OP is a guy but heavy metal application in regions with high lymphatic activity is unlikely to be the right solution. 

I mean it is approved to be used, so I assume its safe.
I think the only other option for a severe case is surgery which could lead to sweating in other places...

I have hyperhidrosis. Before I got any sort of treatment I just used medicated deodorant and avoided tight shirts. Now, I do that in addition to being prescribed glycopyrrolate. I haven't done much research on the medication, but it's worked well for me and hasn't given me any side affects as of yet, been taking it for 2 1/2 months now.

Some extra tips, I've noticed when I consume a lot of caffeine or hot beverages it causes me to sweat more, as well as excessive sugar. Overall, keep your diet in check. Also, the instinctive response to having excessive sweating is you're probably gonna want to keep your arms down as much as possible just out of being self conscious, try to avoid that lol it'll make it worse. 

Do you sweat exclusively in your underarms? Or are you excessively sweating elsewhere too? I got prescribed medication because I'll get excessively sweaty almost everywhere, but most dermatologists will just prescribe you with deodorant or suggest surgery if it's just your underarms.