Anton Rogachevski

Awareness and Consciousness

12 posts in this topic

consciousness is the emptiness that includes both awareness and unawareness. consciousness can be completely unaware or completely aware of itself. think of consciousness as being or the ultimate god and awareness as a human being for instance

@Anton Rogachevski yes there is consciousness without awareness 

words are mere pointers and it is tricky yes b cuz we use the terms interchangeably

however in reality consciousness is equal to nothing or emptiness or formlessness or creator as well as everything or reality or form or creation and everything in between. i prefer the terms being or infinity or dream or truth

awareness on the other hand means the ability to identify or recognize these things by reflecting ie creating mental images or contrasts or distinctions and of course it has infinite degrees and depths since consciousness is infinite. awareness can be either infinite like a god state or non existent like a rock or a dead body or anything in between like a human being or a frog or a tree or a microbe or a living cell so in other words awareness is the mind or the ego or the smaller self

another way to state it is that consciousness is impersonal and awareness is personal 

Edited by The observer

Consciousness and awareness can be spoken about all day.... but who's the perceiver/observer/witness ?

Where is this one?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

20 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Consciousness and awareness can be spoken about all day.... but who's the perceiver/observer/witness ?

Where is this one?

What lead you to assume there is one at all?

2 hours ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

What lead you to assume there is one at all?

Who wants to know?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 22/04/2020 at 10:01 AM, Anton Rogachevski said:

Is Consciousness a stream of Awareness? 

Is a river just a stream of water? It's easy to drown in words.

All stories and explanations are false.