Waken

Conversations with God on Total Oneness

7 posts in this topic

Just wanted to share this part of the book series 'Conversations with God' (book 3 specifically) in the light of all the mahasamadhi talk. Couldn't bear it to not post this. This contradicts the discussion or idea on this forum that Mahasamadhi is final and eternal:

(Neal in dark red and that which is said to be God in blue)

Am I clear that, once we reach this state of Oneness which many call Nirvana—once we return to the Source—we don't stay there? The reason I am asking this again is that this seems to run counter to my understanding of many Eastern esoteric and mystical teachings.

To remain in the state of sublime no-thing, or Oneness with the All, would make it impossible to be there. As I've just explained, That Which Is cannot be, except in the space of That Which Is Not. Even the total bliss of Oneness cannot be experienced as "total bliss" unless something less than total bliss exists. So, something less than the total bliss of total Oneness had to be—and continually has to be—created.

But when we are in total bliss, when we have merged once more with the Oneness, when we have become Every-thing/No-thing, how can we even know that we exist? Since there is nothing else that we are experiencing... I don't know. I don't seem to understand this. This is one I can't seem to get a handle on.

You are describing what I call the Divine Dilemma. This is the same dilemma God has always had—and that God solved with the creation of that which was not God (or thought it was not). God gave—and gives again, in every instant—a part of Itself to the Lesser Experience of not knowing Itself, so that the Rest of Itself can know Itself as Who and What It Really Is. Thus, "God gave His only begotten son, that you might be saved." You see now from where this mythology has sprung.

I think that we are all God—and that we are constantly, every one of us, journeying from Knowing to Not Knowing to Knowing again, from being to not being to being again, from Oneness to Separation to Oneness again, in a never-ending cycle. That this is the cycle of life—what You call the Cosmic Wheel.

Exactly. Precisely. That is well said.

But do we all have to go back to ground zero? Do we always have to start over, completely? Go back to the beginning? Return to square one? Do not pass "Go," do not collect $200?

You do not have to do anything. Not in this lifetime, not in any other. You will have choice—always you will have free choice—to go anywhere you wish to go, do anything you wish to do, in your re-creation of the experience of God. You can move to any place on the Cosmic Wheel. You may "come back" as anything you wish, or in any other dimension, reality, solar system, or civilization you choose. Some of those who have reached the place of total union with the Divine have even chosen to "come back" as enlightened masters. And, yes, some were enlightened masters when they left, and then chose to "come back" as themselves. 

You must surely be aware of reports of gurus and masters who have returned to your world over and over again, manifesting in repeated appearances throughout the decades and centuries.

You have one entire religion based on such a report. It is called the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and it is based on the report of Joseph Smith that the Being calling himself Jesus returned to Earth many centuries after his apparently "final" departure, this time appearing in the United States. So you may return to any point on the Cosmic Wheel to which it pleases you to return.

Still, even that could be depressing. Don't we ever get to rest? Don't we ever get to stay in nirvana, to remain there? Are we doomed forever to this "coming and going"—this "now you see it, now you don't" treadmill? Are we on an eternal journey to nowhere?

Yes. That's the greatest truth. There is nowhere to go, nothing to do, and no one you have to "be" except exactly who you're being right now. The truth is that there is no journey. You are right now what you are attempting to be. You are right now where you are attempting to go. It is the master who knows this, and thus ends the struggle. And then does the master seek to assist you in ending your struggle, even as you will seek to end the struggle of others when you reach mastery. Yet this process—this Cosmic Wheel—is not a depressing treadmill. It is a glorious and continual reaffirmation of the utter magnificence of God, and all life—and there is nothing depressing about that at all.

Edited by Waken

@Waken it was I guess volume 3., these books are very good for 'nonduality' begginers.

Of course after becoming Total Unity one should always have the power to start dreaming again. Otherwise how else could one end up here?

The point though is that your human life might be over.

If there was only Total Unity and nothing else, then there wouldn't be this 3D world. This 3D world is limited though relative to Total Unity. And also don't forget that Total Unity would feel like forever.

Yes, it's a giant cycle. But the question is, which part of the cycle are you in?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Rikimaus Thanks, I added it in. I get why you would say it's good non-duality for beginners, because the language is easy and some of the basics are covered. However there is a lot of beauty, love, wisdom and clarity wrapped around these topics, which makes it hard to call it basic imo

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course after becoming Total Unity one should always have the power to start dreaming again. Otherwise how else could one end up here?

The point though is that your human life might be over.

If there was only Total Unity and nothing else, then there wouldn't be this 3D world. This 3D world is limited though relative to Total Unity. And also don't forget that Total Unity would feel like forever.

Yes, it's a giant cycle. But the question is, which part of the cycle are you in?

Okay cool, good to know you're not assuming you'll be able to be in the Total Unity forever
Ah perhaps we've had infinite loops through the Cosmic Wheel/Giant Circle already, in a time sense.

Edited by Waken

@Waken yes, I started with books in 2003 when I had attended middle school. It change my POV on the world.

13 hours ago, Waken said:

Just wanted to share this part of the book series 'Conversations with God' (book 3 specifically) in the light of all the mahasamadhi talk. Couldn't bear it to not post this. This contradicts the discussion or idea on this forum that Mahasamadhi is final and eternal:

(Neal in dark red and that which is said to be God in blue)

Am I clear that, once we reach this state of Oneness which many call Nirvana—once we return to the Source—we don't stay there? The reason I am asking this again is that this seems to run counter to my understanding of many Eastern esoteric and mystical teachings.

To remain in the state of sublime no-thing, or Oneness with the All, would make it impossible to be there. As I've just explained, That Which Is cannot be, except in the space of That Which Is Not. Even the total bliss of Oneness cannot be experienced as "total bliss" unless something less than total bliss exists. So, something less than the total bliss of total Oneness had to be—and continually has to be—created.

But when we are in total bliss, when we have merged once more with the Oneness, when we have become Every-thing/No-thing, how can we even know that we exist? Since there is nothing else that we are experiencing... I don't know. I don't seem to understand this. This is one I can't seem to get a handle on.

You are describing what I call the Divine Dilemma. This is the same dilemma God has always had—and that God solved with the creation of that which was not God (or thought it was not). God gave—and gives again, in every instant—a part of Itself to the Lesser Experience of not knowing Itself, so that the Rest of Itself can know Itself as Who and What It Really Is. Thus, "God gave His only begotten son, that you might be saved." You see now from where this mythology has sprung.

I think that we are all God—and that we are constantly, every one of us, journeying from Knowing to Not Knowing to Knowing again, from being to not being to being again, from Oneness to Separation to Oneness again, in a never-ending cycle. That this is the cycle of life—what You call the Cosmic Wheel.

Exactly. Precisely. That is well said.

But do we all have to go back to ground zero? Do we always have to start over, completely? Go back to the beginning? Return to square one? Do not pass "Go," do not collect $200?

You do not have to do anything. Not in this lifetime, not in any other. You will have choice—always you will have free choice—to go anywhere you wish to go, do anything you wish to do, in your re-creation of the experience of God. You can move to any place on the Cosmic Wheel. You may "come back" as anything you wish, or in any other dimension, reality, solar system, or civilization you choose. Some of those who have reached the place of total union with the Divine have even chosen to "come back" as enlightened masters. And, yes, some were enlightened masters when they left, and then chose to "come back" as themselves. 

You must surely be aware of reports of gurus and masters who have returned to your world over and over again, manifesting in repeated appearances throughout the decades and centuries.

You have one entire religion based on such a report. It is called the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and it is based on the report of Joseph Smith that the Being calling himself Jesus returned to Earth many centuries after his apparently "final" departure, this time appearing in the United States. So you may return to any point on the Cosmic Wheel to which it pleases you to return.

Still, even that could be depressing. Don't we ever get to rest? Don't we ever get to stay in nirvana, to remain there? Are we doomed forever to this "coming and going"—this "now you see it, now you don't" treadmill? Are we on an eternal journey to nowhere?

Yes. That's the greatest truth. There is nowhere to go, nothing to do, and no one you have to "be" except exactly who you're being right now. The truth is that there is no journey. You are right now what you are attempting to be. You are right now where you are attempting to go. It is the master who knows this, and thus ends the struggle. And then does the master seek to assist you in ending your struggle, even as you will seek to end the struggle of others when you reach mastery. Yet this process—this Cosmic Wheel—is not a depressing treadmill. It is a glorious and continual reaffirmation of the utter magnificence of God, and all life—and there is nothing depressing about that at all.

Thanks for that insight on The Curch of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I was a member from about ages 21 to 42.  I had never encountered such an idea.  Brilliant!  As my understanding grows, I keep seeing things that are taking me full circle.  I also consider that it is very possible that there are preachings and teachings that I (and 99% of followers may still yet have to grasp.  I used to see zero value in their books, but now when I see one in the thrift store I think, "that isn't for me.  I know of scores of other books that have so much more to offer me now."  

My journey out began with hatred and enmity and now I just see so many examples of all my old criticism being untenable.  Many of that organization's actions and the actions of the believers aren't something I want to associate with anymore, but man, they're just tryin!  Sort of like I am.  

6 minutes ago, Stevo said:

but man, they're just tryin!  Sort of like I am.

Sort of like all beings in the Universe are ;)

Here's a crazy idea: What if EVERYONE in the whole Universe is doing their very best all the time?

Wouldn't that make you look like a fool? ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.