Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TrustTheProcess

Leo's Vlog and Manufacturing Consent

13 posts in this topic

So, I just watched Leo's Bernie vlog and I have to say that it was really refreshing. I def feel like the green side of myself was starting to get caught up in and indulge in the Kulinski/Jimmy Dore echo chamber of putting the blame on the "Elites". Leo def made some good points of the media just wanting to maximize profit and telling the attention deficit masses what they want to hear so they can maximize viewership... I can see that to an extent. I'm sure that most commentators on like cnn and fox news for example don't necessarily wake up and think about how to push propaganda and serve the corporations... But...  if the leadership of those media companies are orange and their prime motive is to maximize profit, wouldn't they also see Bernie /progressives as a threat to their profit and their "Billionaire Friends" and thus have a bias against him for that reason as well. Why wouldn't they want to use their power to deliberately paint him and his values in a negative light? I think that the way that they report is more than just appealing to the base's values. I think Leo briefly mentioned that there is a level of truth to that in his video, but my question is to what extent is propaganda deliberately being manufactured by these media outlets to actually sculpt the public's perspective?

Also, I am very curious as to why you think that the united states is not as developed as Scandinavia for example? I am not very familiar with the history of that region. What kinds of historic life conditions enabled green to flourish more over there relative to the US?

Edited by louhad

1 hour ago, louhad said:

But...  if the leadership of those media companies are orange and their prime motive is to maximize profit, wouldn't they also see Bernie /progressives as a threat to their profit and their "Billionaire Friends" and thus have a bias against him for that reason as well. Why wouldn't they want to use their power to deliberately paint him and his values in a negative light?

Of course they do! 

That's what I mean by their bias.

What must be understood is that this is a function of culture. CNN operates within a culture. American culture as a whole defines the playing field for large business. A large business can only survive and thrive if it serves the larger mainstream culture, which is stage Orange. To achieve this, CNN must hire Orange employees, anchors, and managers. So CNN is fully enmeshed in the larger matrix of American culture. In this sense CNN has an establishment stage Orange bias. Not because they want to manufacture propaganda but because they are children of the larger culture and so they end up reinforcing it unwittingly. They paint Bernie as negative because he is too different to what they are used to, and they don't have a good sense of vision into the next level of where culture is headed. It is not in their financial interest to have a progressive vision.

When we are talking about Sanders winning, we are really talking about changing culture, which is very hard to do because culture has homeostasis. Culture resists change. So of course mainstream media will not be embracing Bernie with hugs and kisses. They will look at him skeptically and dismissively. Why would a successful CNN anchor who lives a good life and works his ass off to build his career risk rocking the boat? He reinforces the culture which allowed him to be successful. This is just survival 101. You might as well be asking him to put a gun to his head.

But Sander's job is to bust through all that resistance. That's why evolution is hard and slow. It's not because of evil eiltes per se. The evil elites are just children of the deeper problem, which is the culture.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, louhad said:

but my question is to what extent is propaganda deliberately being manufactured by these media outlets to actually sculpt the public's perspective?

A much smaller extent than most alt-rigthers and progressives believe.

Propaganda is a very sneaky and subtle force. It is not done consciously in most cases. It is unconscious. For propaganda to be most effective the people who manufacture it have to convince themselves that it isn't propaganda. They have to be true believers.

CNN and MSNBC does not manufacture propaganda. They are simply an echo-chamber for mainstream American culture. Which is the propaganda/establishment. Everybody on these networks believes they are being objective, accurate, and truthful. Progressives make a huge mistake when they think that mainstream media is deliberately lying. That's a progressive projection which arises out of not understanding that people can hold different worldviews, and all worldviews are relatively valid.

The progressive worldview is not "truth", as progressives assume. It is a relative fabrication. But of course, to understand this means transcending stage Green.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The progressive worldview is not "truth", as progressives assume. It is a relative fabrication. But of course, to understand this means transcending stage Green.

Assuming absolute truth is not communicable. 

When we speak about the relative trute in society and politics: What is more true than green?

For example: Equal humen rights. What can be "more" true than that? Equal rights only to 98%? gay rights only 99% as straights?

I mean, it feels to me that green is a hugh leap above orange, but above green there can be only cosmetic improvements and thats it (in society and politics!) At least today, yellow have almost nothing to offer in politics. maybe in the future when green becomes dominant - we will need yellow. but today, green is still the tiny guy in town, therefore we need only more and more of green by now and the more is the better.

Yellow in politics today seems to me almost useless because even the yellow guy will say that today the system needs more green, and after that we talk.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

3 hours ago, Nivsch said:

Yellow in politics today seems to me almost useless because even the yellow guy will say that today the system needs more green, and after that we talk.

Yes, but a yellow leader would be able to mobilize the society to green in a cleaner way than a pure green leader would. 

23 minutes ago, louhad said:

Yes, but a yellow leader would be able to mobilize the society to green in a cleaner way than a pure green leader would. 

But even if He will be more smooth in his attitude. How it will make our society go greener faster than what green will do?

Maybe we NEED conflicts to make our society grow up in the tough ways and yellow's bridging tries will just hinder us?

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

1 hour ago, Nivsch said:

But even if He will be more smooth in his attitude. How it will make our society go greener faster than what green will do?

Maybe we NEED conflicts to make our society grow up in the tough ways and yellow's bridging tries will just hinder us?

Green, like other tier 1 stages, has a tendency to demonize and judge other stages. These tendencies are emotional reactions. What ends up happening when you demonize someone for holding their values and worldview is that it elicits an ego response that triggers antibodies in the lower staged person and makes them more defensive and cling even harder to their own values and worldview. It reinforces in their mind that it is actually stage green values that are the devil and makes it even harder for them to grow out of blue/orange. This is part of the reason that Trump got elected. This is why Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson have developed so much influence in recent years. A yellow approach would understand that not all see the world in the same light and would operate from a more compassionate frame of reference. They would expend energy to help the lower stages see limitations of their world view rather than the knee jerk demonizing and sjw or morally-superior academic elitist vibe that many greenies exude. I believe that this approach is much more efficient in raising levels of consciousness.

I have realized this in my personal life. As I have blossomed to have more yellow in my spread, I have been much more successful in planting green seeds into many of my orange friends and family members. 

Edited by louhad

11 hours ago, louhad said:

I have realized this in my personal life. As I have blossomed to have more yellow in my spread, I have been much more successful in planting green seeds into many of my orange friends and family members. 

Could you tell what you did?

I'm interested to know because me myself struggle with this issue and want to influence people.

11 hours ago, louhad said:

It reinforces in their mind that it is actually stage green values that are the devil

Thats an interesting point!

Edited by Nivsch

@Nivsch  Sure, here is my approach: the key is to not connect the dots for other people. Rather, make it easier for them to connect the dots for themselves. 

Ask questions, don't be judgmental. Be genuinely curious to get to the bottom of how and why they think the way that they do. Allow their reasons and world view to unravel-- not only in front of your own eyes, but in front of their own eyes too, many have never actually deeply considered their beliefs. Sometimes, just asking questions will get people upset because they think you are making them look stupid... this can actually be a good sign in some cases because they at least subconsciously know that there is some kind of structural flaw in their paradigm. If this happens, just insist that you are just tryna learn more about their perspective(as you get more yellow, it will be more genuine). I can't stress the importance of giving off a non-judgmental vibe enough... that is so critical. Between the questions, I don't get triggered. Even if a lot of what they are saying is ignorant af, try to pick out the shred of truth in it and say something like  "I can see that there is some truth in what you are saying, but have you considered that_________". and let the convo carry from there and sprinkle some facts if you sense that their guard is down and they are interested in hearing what you have to say... this is the sweet spot. 

For a quick example if  I have a friend who was an orange type saying "I don't get why people want free handouts in this country. The only thing that will get you anywhere in life is hard work. People are just so lazy."

Rather than getting triggered and immediately dismissing what was just said as being unconscious and dumb, I would say something like "I def agree with you that hard work is definitely important for being a functional and successful member in society, but have you considered the importance of access to high quality public schools for success?" 

"yeah, but its possible to make it out of bad situations and bad neighborhoods... many have done it"

"Sure, I agree, many have done it, but it is statistically much less likely to have the opportunity for a successful and financially stable life if you attend an underfunded school. Are you aware that America is the only developed country that allocates resources to public schools based on property taxes in the area?"

etc etc etc

You can't demonize someone into green. You can't judge someone into green. You can't bring someone into green based on pure logic. You can make green presentable, put green on the table for them and if they are ready to pick it up, they will. the traditional sjw approach is like trying to shove green down orange's throat, but that just pushes them away from it. Also, don't expect to enlighten someone green on the spot lol, but you will start to get them to see the limitations of their values and world view and get the ball rolling.

Hope that helped!!

@louhad Wow thats great. Thank you very much you helps a lot!

I will start to make conversations like this.

Edited by Nivsch

23 hours ago, Nivsch said:

Assuming absolute truth is not communicable. 

When we speak about the relative trute in society and politics: What is more true than green?

For example: Equal humen rights. What can be "more" true than that? Equal rights only to 98%? gay rights only 99% as straights?

I mean, it feels to me that green is a hugh leap above orange, but above green there can be only cosmetic improvements and thats it (in society and politics!) At least today, yellow have almost nothing to offer in politics. maybe in the future when green becomes dominant - we will need yellow. but today, green is still the tiny guy in town, therefore we need only more and more of green by now and the more is the better.

Laws of nature and Gravity.

Think of it