Victor Mgazi

The Metaphysics Of Focussing

25 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Visionary said:

" If you can still recall mercury from the time before ecological concerns drove it out of widespread household use, you'll remember the curious way it behaves when you remove it from its container and let it organize itself on a flat surface. It can either act like a liquid and spread out in a puddle, or it can hold its own shape as a drop, rolling about like a Weeble. Your attention is much like that. In its liquid form it connects subject and object. In its solid, "Weeble" form, it is a tensile field of vibratory awareness, within which you can be conscious of the whole without having to split the field into the usual subject/object polarity. It is actually a higher energetic state. The Tibetan Buddhists call it rigpa: " pure awareness" .

This is an excellent explanation, I resonate with it very much. 

The intelligence behind it moves like mercury. Have you ever seen how this looks like?

Yes. Have you noticed how this mecury-like energy seems self-conscious?

So this is actually about attention viewed from objectless awareness. The drop does not necessarily reflect on being, it rather reflects being. It does not need to be paid attention to, as it is the subject of attention (not the object)

Yes, it really seems to be that way. What is becoming is that the very being is the very mind, that is.. Being being intelligence. Which makes total sense since you can't get behind intelligence, it defines itself in its very isness. I'm actually seeing this now, I started seeing it yesterday afternoon when I began exploring this. 

Focusing seems to be more than an activity in consciousness, active consciousness is how it can best be described.. if not more. Is there a moment when one is not focusing?

Whether one's focus is concentrated, contracted on a single point, or drifting in a flow state, expanded to varying points - one is always paying attention. Even during meditation (if mastered) there doesn't seem to be an absence of focus but rather a hyper focus. A meditative state of mind is a hyper-focussed state of mind. 

What about during sleep, is there an absence of focus? This cannot be because one still pays attention in dreams, although it may not be recognised that it's a dream, other things are still recognised.. of course since dream takes place in consciousness. And note how one has a lucid dream, attention is paid to the dream as a whole (the event and thoughts) and then it's recognised to be a dream.

What about in deep sleep, is there an absence of focus? This is where you can clearly see how focusing isn't an activity in consciousness: Although during deep sleep the description active consciousness isn't applicable because there is no indication of activeness such that 'focusing'  is known, a passive state is known though. You see.. meditation, hyper focus, passivity - these terms are all pointing to one thing: a collapse in duality, a non-fluxional mind state. One knows they were in deep sleep because the void (which is whole) was recognised. Attempting to recall this void in a waking state only results in mind presenting darkness because it attempts to remember that which is not a thing, not a point.

So focus, whether contracted or in flow state, hyper state or fluxional dynamic, it's always present as the mind itself and not something to be gained or lost by it. One cannot get behind focusing.

Which led me to this question: What is the nature or metaphysics of focusing?

Focusing is not an activity in consciousness. But what is clear, depending on how aware one is, is that it's nature is intelligence. I'm directly aware of this. The same way one cannot get behind focusing - one cannot get behind intelligence. 

Intelligence is not a capacity/ability and it's not an activity in consciousness, it's what drives the activity in consciousness. I'm not saying that it drives it because recognition or congnition requires intelligence, I'm saying that these things and activities are intelligence itself.  Looking around you, what you see is intelligence. It's not intelligent, there's nothing there to be intelligent, it is intelligence. 

There's no such thing as randomness, there's no such thing as dumb luck or dumb matter. Stupidity is intelligence, otherwise how else is it there? The very fact that it's knowable means that it's intelligence. Knowing itself is intelligence. Look around you. Tell me one thing that has nothing to do with intelligence. 

As consciousness, I'm no longer aware of things - I'm only aware of Being, that is to say myself. Anything else is imagination. It's incredible. The mind was very well exploring it's new body until it stumbled on to something that was not imaginary that is.. observation itself, or focusing. Focusing is not imagined, it's intelligence. What is intelligence? What else if not the only thing that is which is Being? 

Then as sudden as thunder, it became clear what is going on here. I am not just consciousness simply being aware of myself, I am intelligence as well busy knowing myself. Knowing by imagining, except this is not a process this is Being, it's passive and unified. I said before that focusing must have some sort of will to it, some sort of power driving the entire show. And now, not only is it clear that it's intelligence and consciousness as a unit, but it's also love. I'm not just the freedom of Being, I'm my own creator.

The nature for focusing 

There's no other way, no other reason. I am the cause. I am the why. Things don't exist, I must imagine them in order for them to be, and just like that I imagine all that I can be.  This is true freedom, this is true power. I am the beginning of everything, but I have no beginning. I am the finally of everything, but I have no end. 

And so focusing is creating, hence nothing is permanent, it can only be impermanent because this is infinite.  There's no such thing as complete creation, there's only creating = imagining = focusing. It's no wonder I could not be aware of infinity before, I had confused it with the concept of many-ness and clouded my view of true infinity which is the unity of everything. All is one, and it's all eternal. 

It's no wonder I'm always at peace, I am WHOLE. Everything = Being = Intelligence = Consciousness = Love. I am the ultimate truth. And that is the drive, that is the mechanism.. I'm a freaking love machine. You are a God damn love machine. Think about it like we're all in one big brain right now, things come and go as you imagine..as you think. You see, you're imagining this feeling of confusion into existence, you imagine anger or dissatisfaction into existence, but you do this intelligently that at the sum of it all you imagine what you call the human experience. 

Go contemplate what energy is, what matter is, what space and time is. This is all you, this is all intelligence - linear experience is intelligence, the laws of physics, what you call 'physics', that's all intelligence. Paying attention, just notice, paying attention is creating experience. If you don't want to experience things then don't pay attention to things. Let your thoughts be as slippery as soap so that their rising towards becomes their falling away. You see. If you don't want to experience things then do what you did when you were a baby, don't pay attention to thoughts and there won't be an experience for you to remember, as there is no baby experience to remember. 

But will you do that, no. You won't do that, you can but you won't. Why? Because you love this, you love experience, you love knowing and not knowing, you love confusion and clarity, you love pleasure and pain, you love generosity and greed, you love hatred and affection, you love recallection and forgetfulness, you love this story that you imagine to be 'life', you love all of this. It's true. Why else do you allow duality when your very Being is nondual? You could simply stop imagining things, like how you do in deep sleep, but just do that forever. Simply focus on your true nature, that's it, and you won't experience experience any more. But no, that's not what you want that's not who you are. You're too selfless, you want freedom, that's your only will - love. It's who you are, it's what you are.

Deep down you know that you are the only thing that's truly ever there, you know that you are the only thing you have, there's nothing else there and it's being reflected in Being right now by what you call 'ego'. But I'm not going to dive into that in this post, maybe another in a different thread. What I want you to notice is that love gets you to notice. It's not curiosity, you're not always curious, and most of the time you can even get comfortable in your own ignorance. And ignorance doesn't even mean that you're not focusing, no.. you're focusing, just on something apparently 'insignificant' at the time. Just notice.

Right now, reading this, you're not doing so because you think it's benefiting you, no.. you're doing this out of love for this 'experience'. You might protest and say that you could stop whenever you want to but again.. notice, you stop for the love of the experience of stopping. For the love of 'control', for the love of 'freewill'. You're not suffering because that's just the cruel universe, no.. you're suffering because you're paying attention to suffering. You will stop suffering the moment you don't focus on it. Do I mean it like when someone hits you the pain will go away? No, I mean it like the experience of someone hitting you and you feeling pain will go away. That will all just disappear, and literally I mean this. Violence won't happen unless you focus on it. And so with time, moments won't pass unless you focus on them. Birth - death, it's all for love. "But I don't love this!" Stop imagining it then, you're the one who's doing this. You're the only creator there is. You want Eden? Then do this: imagine your Eden and keep your focus there. Eden will happen, just keep your focus there. Don't ask for how long because then you're going to focus on something that is not Eden. 

And that's the nature for focusing, with intelligence being the nature of it. Love is the nature for everything. All that is is for love, it's all for the sake of love. Everytime one asks why the true answer will always be Love, always.. it can never be of context. Ask how and the answer is Intelligence. Ask what and the answer is Truth. At the end of the eternity, every answer would have been pointing to you - God. And that's it, that's all it is, forever. 

Thank You Everyone ?  

7 hours ago, Victor Mgazi said:

In "objective" awareness that very 'my mind was just doing so and so' is inseparable from the isness. It all, the isness, happens as a unit with consciousness both preceding it and succeeding it. 

It’s both separable and inseparable. There is imagination of space and time as well as imagination of no space and time. Separable and insuperable is a duality that has value, yet can collapse. As well, there are an infinite number of inter-connections between the two. 

I’m not disagreeing with you. There inseperable nature of space and time is a deep realization. 

@Victor Mgazi I would say it appears as though because the mind is finite and inherently limited, it only has the capacity to observe one fragment of experience at a time. Supposedly, full consciousness or wakening entails being able to observe all things at once. However, for a conventional ego this is not apparent. So in experience I feel that consciousness is taking a back seat ride while the ego navigates reality and this why all parts of experience are relative and appear in parts.

Ultimately, consciousness would think this to be ridiculous being that it knows all is accessible through as of now but this is incomprehensible to the finite ego-mind.

If it’s of any value, I’ve found experimenting with our sensory experience to be extremely enlightening. For example, I sometime sit and stare at a single feature of my experience (eg. A dimple in my bed sheet) and just stare at it until my perception begins to change. What I find happens is that the object begins to move and morph, almost like a psychedelic experience. Try it, will it utterly bewilder you.

This is what I have concluded, that all sensory experience in its ordinary state is likely to be a hallucination, which we experience as sturdy and solids due out sensory conditioning (cognitive development). As a result we assume reality from the materialistic perspective. This all breaks down under further investigation. Because just think about it. At birth, all experience is distorted, odd and hard to make out. Then all of a sudden, once you grow use to it and the mind is trained it all begins settle and appear solidly consistent. And further, if you research people who have never perceived or heard and then they gain ability to, their first experience of doing so is much like the child, it’s all distorted and hallucinatory. 

In fact, watch this video it’s quite illuminating. States something similar

Edited by Jacobsrw