MDMA users, how do you deal with fear of brain damage?

7 posts in this topic

How are you ok with the idea that you are slightly degrading the brain? 

In some ways, I can see myself accepting losing an arm for instance. But having my brain's ability to perform degrade? That's very scary to me. Especially if I know it is slowly degrading but I have no way of knowing what I am actually losing.

It's easy to admit that there's attachment to my brain and its performances. But even if there was no such attachment.

I must admit that I'm asking an indirect question. But the direct question involves a nerdy neural network way of thinking that's not gonna lead us anywhere. I'm scared of HPPD-like problems since I had a bad lsd trip in november. I'd like to go over that fear.

Edited by 4201

I've never used it but if following a health lifestyle it, using it far and few times in between, as well as staying hydrated throughout the trip, I wouldn't be too worried about a pure substance (if its not a knockoff chem) permanently harming my brain. The human body/brain is a self healing machine and the brain chemistry and physical structure can be changed/healed through neuroplasticity. Not claiming you can heal anything but we are talking about pure MDMA hypothetically I wouldn't view it as high risk or dangerous. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

The good news is that there are no brains to damage. so have fun

Source: Leo Gura

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

You should be careful with MDMA. Depending on the dosage and frequency of usage it can have negative long-term effects on your brain and even be lethal. Never take MDMA if you're on SSRIs.  Its effect on the brain is very different from lsd or psilocybin. It can be useful in a therapeutic setting, but it can also cause weeks or months of depression. 

You can reduce the neurotoxicity with supplements: https://rollsafe.org/mdma-supplements/

On 05/04/2020 at 1:02 AM, Yann said:

You should be careful with MDMA. Depending on the dosage and frequency of usage it can have negative long-term effects on your brain and even be lethal. Never take MDMA if you're on SSRIs.  Its effect on the brain is very different from lsd or psilocybin. It can be useful in a therapeutic setting, but it can also cause weeks or months of depression. 

You can reduce the neurotoxicity with supplements: https://rollsafe.org/mdma-supplements/

Seriously, what are you talking about? there are no brains to damage.  If on the other hand  you believe that the brain exists and that these drugs are impacting the brain then we have start thinking that all this stuff, including enlightenment, is taking place in the brain. 

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

32 minutes ago, mp22 said:

Seriously, what are you talking about? there are no brains to damage.  If on the other hand  you believe that the brain exists and that these drugs are impacting the brain then we have start thinking that all this stuff, including enlightenment, is taking place in the brain. 

There is a brain in the "dream" and if you want to be able to use your brain in the "dream" then be careful but the brain does not exist to God that is. Dangerous tell people that it could cause someone to "die" in the "dream."

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

7 hours ago, mp22 said:

Lol, are you serious? the brain exists, its an idea we use to understand our reality and how to alter it. That doesn't mean you can't have brain damage, even though the brain is a concept. I mean you (the ego you) are a concept so you are in the same realm as the brain. 

saying "the brain doesn't exist" has become a meme in this community. Of course in the absolute sense a brain doesn't exist, and this is what materialists dont understand. But in the absolute sense all that exists is Nothing/God/Love/Being/Consciousness anyway. whatever you want to call it, so saying ''there is no brain" is not profound at all in this way.

And you can also say we are in Gods brain. You can also call it Gods mind but you can also call it Gods brain. Mental=physical so mind=brain.

@4201 to answer your question, Just dont take too much, follow the internet guidelines. And dont take MDMA within 3 months after taking it. I think I suffered some brain damage after 2x hard raving with M this january. This was also in combination with alcohol. I got anxiety and some depression, maybe even my DPDR symptoms (which seem to be fading) came from it. Anyway the only brain damage you can have from too much M (not counting overdosing ofc) is your serotoning receptors being destroyed. They will grow back after a year so you might have a fucked up year but thats it. I read this on the internet dont take my word for it.

Edited by PlayTheGame

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."

-Nikola Tesla