electroBeam

Is my spiritual journey unique

4 posts in this topic

This is out of pure curiosity.

My spiritual journey and personal and professional development is massively intertwined. I oscillate between focusing heavily on career/personal development vs focusing on lots of meditation and inquiry almost on a fortnightly or monthly basis. And in reality, I don't even see them as separate. Personal development is as spiritual as spirituality itself. As spirituality is as concept driven and idealistic as your career or 'survival is'. 

I see that the majority of people on this forum tend to separate them: for first 5 years, spend time on PD, then get into spirituality. Why so? That's very different to my experience.

In fact the 2 compliment each other in an arms race fashion. You focus heavily on personal development and healing, to the point that you literally see personal development and healing as a form of expression your love and longing for God. And when practising spirituality, its a recognition that what your career was, was actually God in the first place, you just had to see it. 

One affects the other, personal development hypes up your involvement and playfulness with God, while spirituality keeps that playfulness from becoming seriousness and separation, and remembering of what you're actually playing with. 

And the remembering of what your playing with is what lets your career or personal development flourish, because you see what you actually want and what you're actually doing. And you see what personal development really is. 

Yeah, I'm getting bored with my money chasing marketing ways for survival. Soon I'll be switching to a more spiritual aspect and creating work that comes from a place of love, which will have real value. I couldn't even think of keeping a separate career for too long. 

Yes, I'd say spirituality shines a light on any selfishness and hypocrisy in our personal & professional lives, and often (but not for everyone) nudging us in the direction of being integrated and breaking down the compartmentalisation in life - to live holistically in other words. To embody our values across all aspects of our lives. But not easy if ethical work is hard to find, or if family/work/study commitments limit the time & space for spiritual work. 

No, I certainly agree Spirituality can help in all areas of life, but you won't measure progress by the same means as everyone else. '#

For example, Business isn't solely how much money am I making, but how many customers am I helping and ate satisfied. 

Fitness isn't just how big are my Biceps, but how well is the bodily system working, how good do I feel, and how much enjoyment can I get from my exercise. 

And, yes dialing down what you really want is key, and everyone is different that's why not one teaching fits all. 

Some people want to solely dedicate their life to growing a business for a couple of decades to ridiculous levels, and cut out everything else as that's what they enjoy most. (Alex Becker) 

Some want a lifestyle business where they can earn enough income to support the lifestyle they want, to see their family more etc. 

Some may just want a 'normal' job, but to become a master of their craft while supporting a balanced life. 

And, some may want to simply become a monk and meditate all day. 

Once you truly know what you want you can find the best mentors and teachers in all areas of life and really dial down on your goals and take action where you need to, it's kind of like a superpower not many people talk about. Once you know the 'outcome' you want, the finish line becomes a lot easier to see. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi