UnconsciousHuman

ADHD is low-consciousness

6 posts in this topic

I had taken ADHD meds yesterday and done some serious introspection work, I was able to achieve levels of observation, clarity, and focus I never experienced before in my life, in fact I became aware of the fact that I could literally create any emotion I want at will (fear, love, powerlessness, powerfulness, guilt...)

Sadly the meds wore off and I could see the clarity lose its ground and distractibility kick in. 

The experience of ADHD is like being in a cinema where you're watching multiple movies together and hearing every movie's audio track together, I don't need to explain to you why it could be hard to understand or know whats going on in any of the movies in front of you.

This inability to perceive accurately what's going on within you and around you due to the uncontrollable distractions really hinders ones ability for personal growth.

My question is, any of you got a cure?

Look inside your soul, maybe you'll find gold there and get rich.

I took Concerta for 5 years. Changed my life altogether and made me able to go through college. I doubt I would be where I am now if I never got the prescription.

But the meds dont work for me anymore. I have found much greater inside powers to help me with daily life than meds, and those inside powers overshadow the meds so much that I only get the side effects anymore. However, I think it would have taken me a looong loong time to find these inside powers if I never had taken those meds, they are a miracle.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I was diagnosed ADHD when I was around 6 years old, but I was never prescipted meds before adult age.

Edited by Hansu

2 hours ago, Hansu said:

I took Concerta for 5 years. Changed my life altogether and made me able to go through college. I doubt I would be where I am now if I never got the prescription.

But the meds dont work for me anymore. I have found much greater inside powers to help me with daily life than meds, and those inside powers overshadow the meds so much that I only get the side effects anymore. However, I think it would have taken me a looong loong time to find these inside powers if I never had taken those meds, they are a miracle.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I was diagnosed ADHD when I was around 6 years old, but I was never prescipted meds before adult age.

What are these powers you're talking about?

Struggling with it too

Edited by Hello from Russia

@Hansu

4 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

What are these powers you're talking about?

Struggling with it too

I also have this question

Look inside your soul, maybe you'll find gold there and get rich.

however or whatever the medication will teach you. try to not see adhd as low consciousness! why disabeling yourself, because you can concentrate better on a medication? - which you didn’t name but if it is what i think it is has a high abuse rate also in people without adhd, for advancing some abilities which are not present in „ordinary“ humans. so you now have a bad comparison about what life without adhd would be - because you only have a comparison about how it would be as a medicated person with adhd.

Edited by remember

@UnconsciousHuman @Hello from Russia

I hope I wont disappoint you by telling you that these powers are not something I have read about or that I can build in to couple of phrases that you can look up and find high quality research on. They are techniques and lifestyle choices I've learned personally by observation and awareness and I will try to explain them as briefly as I can. Keep in mind that ADHD symptoms are very case specific, what works for me might not work for you. I hope there is help for someone out of this post.

Basically, I've identified and become aware of what makes my symptoms worse and built my life in a way that minimizes those factors and these small nudges in my mind have given me pretty productive and relaxed lifestyle

For example, I've noticed that having an appointment between 9 and 12 a clock in the morning will totally screw my any ability to concentrate on ANY work before that appointment is over, it doesn't matter what appointment that is, so I schedule my appointments to very early in the morning or very late in the day when Im less productive anyway

Another thing I've noticed is that lack of interest makes me unmotivated to learn, and I will learn absolutely nothing if I dont have interest in the topic (School was hell to me even with medication) and this is actually common with people who have ADHD. They often have lack of motivation and focus in things that are not interesting to them, but the funny thing is that you can actually become hyperfocused on things that you absolutely love! (EDIT: For example, look at this wall of text I wrote for an hour... I really hope this is helpful for someone :D)

So, what I've done is that I've learned to love things that I want to learn or be invested in, even if I originally hated that activity. I learned this when I was learning social skills and didn't kind of get anywhere until I learned to become interested in the people I interacted with. That's when the learning took up like a rocket.

There are a lot of these kinds of factors I've balanced so far in my life, and Im probably oblivious to lot of the small ones as I've built them over 5 years. I was surprised how many I do remember now that I've stopped to think about them just now.

Summarised I'd say that these _personal_ powers Im trying to dress into words are: Reducing hurry in the hurry modern world, making everything an interest of yours, reducing overlapping schedules, reducing worries with plans and frames, (EDIT: Also, minimizing set times like lunch time exactly at 11:00 etc. That is a big one I seem to take for granted nowadays)... Thats at least couple of mine. Try to identify your negative factors and build your life around minimizing those factors

Hope this wall of text was helpful to someone :)

Edited by Hansu