Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jo96

Leo’s zen devil video

8 posts in this topic

In one of Leo’s older videos he talks about the history of a Japanese zen budhist sect that went from being the pinnacle of understanding to having Warfare,  rape and violence due to a lack of principles while also searching for enlightenment. 

to me I think about jed Menckenna And OSho a Recent spiritual teacher. Jed seems to drive home the point: how there is only one path to enlightenment and that is the path of taking the first step or leap away from ignorance and towards truth. He seems to have almost a cold indifference to a lot of the world outside of truth. There is many examples in his book of him breaking peoples world and making comparisons to enlightenment being like a form of torture where at the end there will be nothing left of you. 

While there is not much known about Jeds personal life. I seem to  understand from his book that he possesses almost a complete indifference to the world. While there’s no way with me not being awake to know  if this is a correct view. I’m wondering if there is danger there to Persuing enlightenment so mechanically and bluntly like he describes in his book. 

I suppose the underlying question I’m mostly asking is how do I know I’m on the right path? How do I know who the right teacher is? And who can I trust ? I can’t trust myself? I can’t trust anyone else? How do I know that looking for truth will not lead me to greater delusion? 

Edited by Jo96

1 hour ago, Jo96 said:

I suppose the underlying question I’m mostly asking is how do I know I’m on the right path? How do I know who the right teacher is? And who can I trust ? I can’t trust myself? I can’t trust anyone else? How do I know that looking for truth will not lead me to greater delusion? 

That is the whole problem in a nutshell. There is no easy answer here. It requires a serious commitment to personal investigation while keeping a very open mind and being willing to change directions and admit mistakes.

In the end you are the TRUTH, so you cannot have anyone else get it for you. But of course many people can assist in your awakening process. Sometimes the assistance will be deeply counter-intuitive: the teachers who mislead you the most might be exactly what you needed to ultimately Awaken.

There are many ways to Awaken. A brutal approach is not necessary unless you feel that's what you need.

Personally I find a loving approach works better for me. You may discover the same. Sometimes the harder you push the less it works. So learning surrender can be crucial.

When in doubt, listen to your heart. Listen to love over fear.

You will never go wrong with Love because Love is Truth. One day you will understand. But probably not for a while.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That is the whole problem in a nutshell. There is no easy answer here. It requires a serious commitment to personal investigation while keeping a very open mind and being willing to change directions and admit mistakes.

In the end you are the TRUTH, so you cannot have anyone else get it for you. But of course many people can assist in your awakening process. Sometimes the assistance will be deeply counter-intuitive: the teachers who mislead you the most might be exactly what you needed to ultimately Awaken.

There are many ways to Awaken. A brutal approach is not necessary unless you feel that's what you need.

Personally I find a loving approach works better for me. You may discover the same. Sometimes the harder you push the less it works. So learning surrender can be crucial.

When in doubt, listen to your heart. Listen to love over fear.

You will never go wrong with Love because Love is Truth. One day you will understand. But probably not for a while.

Thank you for the response, 

it always surprises me when you respond because I think in my mind I put you above these kinds of concerns. I know that’s not really  right or true. That’s an image I’ve built in my head because the things you talk about can only be sliced and cut down until I realize who I am.  I’m sure you realize this when you speak to people here.  

in truth I’m tired of playing around. I’m willing to do what it takes at this point. I’ve been searching my whole life. I’ve always wanted to know what the  truth is. I think I’ve danced around it out of fear. Out of complacently, out of addiction and endless looping looking for something that cannot be found.  

how can I put this into practice ? How do I listen to my heart over my brain. How do I listen to love over fear. What is the difference ?  I’m really ready to know even if it kills me and everything I care for in the process. 

Edited by Jo96

@Jo96 It's very tricky to explain how. I would say take a psychedelic and let is show you some things. That then gives you some idea of what you're working towards.

It's really hard to work towards something when you have no clue what it looks like.

For me the biggest value of psychedelics is that they showed the possibilities of developing one's consciousness which I could not imagine in my wildest dreams otherwise.

A lot of people meditate and self-inquire, but they have no clue what they're really missing, what the full potential is. And so it's hard for them to be serious about it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

what about people such as Eckhart who were able to awaken without doing any spiritual work or even having knowledge of spirituality. Is this the universe using one of its forms as a vessel to teach everyone else about awakening? Is it possible this could happen to my friends or family who don't do self-enquiry or understand what enlightenment is?

@Leo Gura I realised a few times now, the truth about love and that action out of love, nothing can go wrong. As long as its love. There is no right nor wrong. 

@Tim Gardner hello, tolle, gained this consciousness and enlightenment through suffering. 

Suffering is a great teacher. 

Not saying go force yourself through it. Unfortunately for me when I gained this insight I didnt get the full picture. I went on to cause myself intentional sufferings at the thought that it would only make me better and speed my process of enlightenment up and that went horribly wrong which set me right back in my PD. But I'm glad I learned that lesson now I have the insight that even if something worls out a particular way , that it should not be forced by man, but rather accepted, as it flows in and out of our lives.

Action with out action , try but dont try -WU WEI

God wills to awaken itself in infinite forms through infinite possibilities, no 2 peoples awakenings are identical. 

Of course until you actually die in real like then youl see how we were all the same entity.

"We are all just walking each other home "

-Ram dass 

Another enlightened individual who used suffering as a tool of enlightenment. And what a beautiful loving soul he truly was. 

Edited by Justine