Leon Bell

What To Talk To People About When Self Actualizing?

10 posts in this topic

Recently began watching Leo's videos and doing self actualization work.
I noticed that before when I would hang out with people I can pretty much bullshit about anything.
But now those topics seem less important, as well as bragging and other social small talk.
I find myself surrounded by great people, but not really talking about anything.

I know going around converting people is definitely not the way to go.
And sitting there quietly seems odd in a social situation.
What is your experience with the process?

The topic isn't always that important. It's simply about creating a nice vibe, expressing oneself, having fun and connection with people. :)

If you go for your life purpose journey, you will meet new people and make new friends who are more like-minded. Then, you set the example for your old friends. (Warning: long but beautiful process.)

I just can't shut up about this :D It is so fascinating and powerful it must be spread. People do not really get what I'm talking about and I have now starting to learn that they change when/if they are ready. I love socializing but it would be so awesome to have discussion with a mindful person. 

"Normal" conversations feels boring but in the same time it's a good opportunity to be present and it gets quite fun! :)

So I couldn't help myself in discussing the amazing, informative stuff I learned.
But instead of being preachy about it, I used one of the exercises Leo suggested.
The one about limiting beliefs and the root causes.
I had three one on one conversations with the people closest to me.
And I am glad to report that each person was positively impacted.
Not only by me sharing very emotional beliefs, but also with confidence and openness.
This is just the beginning and I already received so much self acceptance.
It is nice to see how my environment is being adjusted around new outlooks.
And I have my friends now hooked on Leo's videos haha.

I literally just talk about nothing. I make up things and generally fuck with people. Some days I just listen. Some days I just leave if I get bored.

On 6/26/2016 at 10:39 PM, Leon Bell said:

Recently began watching Leo's videos and doing self actualization work.
I noticed that before when I would hang out with people I can pretty much bullshit about anything.
But now those topics seem less important, as well as bragging and other social small talk.
I find myself surrounded by great people, but not really talking about anything.

I know going around converting people is definitely not the way to go.
And sitting there quietly seems odd in a social situation.
What is your experience with the process?

maybe instead of sitting there quietly you should be somewhere else doing something else, personal growth work will set you apart from the bs and nonsense of this world, are you ready to leave it? and yes dont even think about converting others, you need to convert yourself.  and so what if you are not talking about anything when you are surrounded by other people, listen, observe the insanity that is going on in the world by those who are caught up and only know themselves as the physical identity, it can be a big help.  if you lose the friends you had, maybe they were not real friends, maybe you will encounter a new kind of friends when you outgrow the old ones.

@cirkussmile @Leon Bell

I really like this video. It's the guy who eventually got me into self-development, he got some other good stuff on his channel as well, but maybe not "advanced stuff" ;)

Great video, next time I run into judgemental people I'll ignore them instead of thinking of a good comeback.

Also I agree about not having to engage in conversations not interesting to you.

The original question arose mostly from two fears:

1) Fear of current friends not actually being a good fit for my life.

2) Fear of people in general, or social anxiety, all stemming from neurotic thinking.

Finally, It is super difficult to break people pleasing habits.

Realizing that everything you do is somehow adjusted by your perceived reactions of people is ridiculous.

when you understand where everyones "boring mindless monkey chatter" comes from. you can actually enjoy it. mainly because you wont be involved in it, and them talking about themselves to a "you" will make them very happy and love "you" for it :) hehe