Ar_Senses

Psychedelics and the mercury whirlpool metaphor

9 posts in this topic

In the great book about the materialist paradigm from the booklist I’ve found a bunch of beautiful metaphors and explanations, which are making the incompleteness of the naive realism very explicit and have deepened my personal understanding of what is ego and consciousness.

I have a question to @Leo Gura and others who have read the book:

What is the psychedelic experience and how it will look like inside of that mercury whirlpool metaphor?

Hope my question is clear.

It's too complicated. I would boil it down to just this:

Everything is your imagination, including you and reality. Period.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

It's too complicated. I would boil it down to just thing:

Everything is your imagination, including you and reality. Period.

It’s complicated to explain, but possible to understand? Can you share me some clues? I’m really interested in understanding of psychedelics influence.

If:

• Reality and I is imagination.

• Awakening — is realization that you are God, God is Love, Love is everything.

How should I make a leap from the Ego to the God?

By which process I will pitch up my consciousness from the illusion of the Ego to the God?

@Ar_Senses if you break threw with something like dmt you will realize psychedelics don’t exist its not a chemical that makes you trip its all in your imagination 

4 minutes ago, Nate0068 said:

@Ar_Senses if you break threw with something like dmt you will realize psychedelics don’t exist its not a chemical that makes you trip its all in your imagination 

Have you experienced that? Do you actually went through the process?

If it’s true, it’s mean that you have to lean on faith and be open-minded to everything what will unfold.

And the aid from not freaking out is graduate increasing of substances.

3 hours ago, Ar_Senses said:

How should I make a leap from the Ego to the God?

By which process I will pitch up my consciousness from the illusion of the Ego to the God?

Many ways brother. All the classical spiritual techniques are designed to aid in this.

I have found 5-MeO-DMT to be the fastest and most effective. Your results may vary. Other psychedelics are also great. Use whatever is accessible.

Or start a serious meditation or yoga practice.

@Leo Gura According to your experience, do you think that the author of the book is right in his hypothesis about the purpose of God/Mind?

”These considerations point to a telos for the topology of the membrane: if the entire membrane could fold in on itself to form one single loop encompassing all of mind – a kind of cosmic sphere of mind – there would be no trade-off. Self-reflectiveness would be all-encompassing, in the sense that all vibrations of mind – all mental contents – would fall within the field of self-reflection. There would be no ‘unconscious.’ Moreover, there would be no illusion of separation either: this one loop of mind would identify itself with all good and all evil, all bliss and all suffering, all polarities and perspectives. The full nature of mind would unavoidably penetrate the field of its own self-reflective contemplation.

Why doesn’t the membrane of mind simply use its freewill to form this single global loop at once? Why hasn’t it happened yet? Why all the struggles? The answer here is rather simple: for mind at large to know that it should shape itself as a single loop it would already have to have the global self-reflectiveness that only a single loop could provide.”

1 hour ago, Ar_Senses said:

@Leo Gura According to your experience, do you think that the author of the book is right in his hypothesis about the purpose of God/Mind?

”These considerations point to a telos for the topology of the membrane: if the entire membrane could fold in on itself to form one single loop encompassing all of mind – a kind of cosmic sphere of mind – there would be no trade-off. Self-reflectiveness would be all-encompassing, in the sense that all vibrations of mind – all mental contents – would fall within the field of self-reflection. There would be no ‘unconscious.’ Moreover, there would be no illusion of separation either: this one loop of mind would identify itself with all good and all evil, all bliss and all suffering, all polarities and perspectives. The full nature of mind would unavoidably penetrate the field of its own self-reflective contemplation.

Yes, this would be a state of Total Omniscience or Infinite Consciousness. I've been in this state. This is God's purest, highest state. In this state, God is an infinite singularity which is completely self-aware and self-understanding. Nothing is hidden from its awareness. It is just pure Consciousness, pure Love.

Why doesn’t the membrane of mind simply use its freewill to form this single global loop at once? Why hasn’t it happened yet? Why all the struggles? The answer here is rather simple: for mind at large to know that it should shape itself as a single loop it would already have to have the global self-reflectiveness that only a single loop could provide.”

It has happened already! The mistake is assuming that Infinite Mind is limited by past or future. Past and future are things which Infinite Mind imagines, so it is not limited by them.

God does not need to wait for some future state in order to become fully God. God is always fully God. But temporarily it can forget that it is God as it explores finite parts of itself. If God wants to know what it's like to be a kangaroo, it has to stop being omniscient for a while and pretend to be a kangaroo. During this brief period, past and future arise. Otherwise there is no past or future for God.

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But temporarily it can forget that it is God as it explores finite parts of itself. If God wants to know what it's like to be a kangaroo, it has to stop being omniscient for a while and pretend to be a kangaroo. During this brief period, past and future arise. Otherwise there is no past or future for God

@Leo Gura According to your latest Awakenings, what do you think is the purpose of Existence of the Kangaroo or Human Being, If everything already fully understood?

What is the Purpose of exploration?

I suppose that there is correspondence between self-understanding and exploration of the Kangaroo... Maybe I’m wrong?

Maybe God, even fully self-aware, still have an infinite number of forms to explore? But still, is there any purpose for exploration? Maybe there’s no purpose what so ever...

Is it the same as you’ve said in your video about the Purpose of Life? Also I remember your blog-video, where you’ve drew a flower-like figure with lots of closed-cycled lines going outside from the center (Total Omniscience/Love) to the peak of the curve (Biggest Possible Ignorance) and back to the source. ? 

Edited by Ar_Senses
Added question