SamueLSD

LSD retreat cut short by COVID-19

6 posts in this topic

After weeks of preparation, my girlfriend, my dog, and I went camping in the middle of a huge rainforest known as the Otways. The plan was to stay for a about 3-4 nights, completely immersed in nature,  with no electricity, water or food other than the supplies we bought.

Once the first night was over, I took 400-600 micrograms of LSD at 9 am. The trip was extremely intense. After about 20 mins of meditation, I tried open eye meditation. And holy SHIT, the visuals were unlike anything I had ever experienced.

However, questioning who is observing / what is actually aware of those hallucinations was far more profound.

Unfortunately, as I was meditating on the rocks that were in the middle of the river crossing which our tent was next to ( see picture below ),

iIMG_0354.JPGIMG_0358.JPG

a truck pulled up nearby on the dirt trail that led into the depths of the forest. It was a park ranger. Still tripping, I had to talk to him and explain why I had my dog in a national park ( he was barking at the park ranger ), why I was camping next to a HERITAGE LISTED RIVER ( I was not aware of this ), and why I was camping even though it was banned across Australia due to the coronavirus. 

I kept trying to ask why I had to leave, and he just said " Because those are the rules mate. ", which I obviously didn't understand due to the acid, and I couldn't shake the thought that rules don't actually exist! I kept asking "But why are those the rules, I don't actually HAVE to leave". 

I also recall ( although now I regret it ) telling him to fuck off because he wanted to interview me, which again was because I have no understanding of authority, especially while on a psychedelic. It was an extremely surreal experience. 

He ended up getting pissed of with me and pulling out his badge and threatening to fine me.

I had no choice but to pack up and leave.

This is a perfect example of the governments inability to make effective decisions to stop a virus from spreading. Shops, hairdressers, etc are still open, but TWO PEOPLE cant even go camping! 

Anyway,

Although I didn't reach a full blown awakening, I was able to observe my own thoughts and sensations within my mind, which further developed my understanding of my psychology, and I also underwent some valuable healing.

I also had an insight that led me to understand that the things we feel, believe, and do are layers of ego that essentially hide the truth from us, and meditation / psychedelics "untangle" those layers. ( Explained poorly, definitely made more sense in the moment lol ) 

Here are some photos my girlfriend took :

Dragonfly landing on my arm

IMG_0367.JPG

My dog, Buzz

IMG_0370.JPG

A creek flowing through the forest 

IMG_0362.JPG

Thanks for reading!

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

Also here is the ranger writing up a report, lol

IMG_0373.PNG

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

5 minutes ago, SamueLSD said:

a truck pulled up nearby on the dirt trail that led into the depths of the forest. It was a park ranger. Still tripping, I had to talk to him and explain why I had my dog in a national park ( he was barking at the park ranger ), why I was camping next to a HERITAGE LISTED RIVER ( I was not aware of this ), and why I was camping even though it was banned across Australia due to the coronavirus. 

I kept trying to ask why I had to leave, and he just said " Because those are the rules mate. ", which I obviously didn't understand due to the acid, and I couldn't shake the thought that rules don't actually exist! I kept asking "But why are those the rules, I don't actually HAVE to leave". 

That was a great opportunity to break the line between 'mystical experiences' and 'normal reality' and to see them as not separate, but the same, and the separateness is an illusion.

Glad you had the experience, have a good day:x

btw that ranger looks like Raptor 13's brother ;)

Edited by electroBeam

6 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

That was a great opportunity to break the line between 'mystical experiences' and 'normal reality' and to see them as not separate, but the same, and the separateness is an illusion.

Yeah man, I thought about the stuff you told me earlier, it really gave me some clarity, as well as the ability to completely submit to the experience and understand that everything I was experiencing ALWAYS has been there, and that the only thing that was missing was the realisation ( that I was in the process of having).

Even post-trip, I understand that so much more clearly.  

Edited by SamueLSD

Haha, I can't imagine what it would be like trying to argue with a park ranger at 400+ mcg. Like wtf.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

15 hours ago, Commodent said:

Haha, I can't imagine what it would be like trying to argue with a park ranger at 400+ mcg. Like wtf.

The argument went in circles a bit, he would explain why I had to leave and I would just say: "Oh... fair enough. But why do I have to leave?" As if I immediately forgot what he just said. 

Compared to the fear I had faced, and profound realisations I had while meditating and walking through the forest, I kinda just felt like he was more of an annoyance than something to be afraid of.